IGNORED

MicroSD Card Sound Quality

Schlitze

The 64Gb SD card was slotted in there yesterday after buying it for 6 quid on ebay. Twas in some regard it's cheapness which made it a chief suspect in my un-audio.

Yo, please try and transfer 64GB worth of data on there asap. There are lots and lots of counterfeit high capacity sd cards on ebay, they look legit and show as 64gb/128GB on the computer but they are flashed 4/8gb cards and will fuck up if you try and transfer more than that. Sellers take advantage of the fact that most people slowly fill up the cards and the buyer will have no recourse to action when they finally find out they can't write more than 8GB of data.

Just a heads up as you are already suspicious of it. But no it wouldn't affect sound quality. Also a better test of that would've been to put a track on the internal memory of the same device and listen, rather than listening on a different device ;)

The 64Gb SD card was slotted in there yesterday after buying it for 6 quid on ebay. Twas in some regard it's cheapness which made it a chief suspect in my un-audio.

Yo, please try and transfer 64GB worth of data on there asap. There are lots and lots of counterfeit high capacity sd cards on ebay, they look legit and show as 64gb/128GB on the computer but they are flashed 4/8gb cards and will fuck up if you try and transfer more than that. Sellers take advantage of the fact that most people slowly fill up the cards and the buyer will have no recourse to action when they finally find out they can't write more than 8GB of data.

Just a heads up as you are already suspicious of it. But no it wouldn't affect sound quality. Also a better test of that would've been to put a track on the internal memory of the same device and listen, rather than listening on a different device ;)

Yeah, you might find it happily copying 64Gb but then unable to read it - Here's what happens:

Interesting, cheers, I'll check this out later, I've got a big music library to transfer over. I also got a 128Gb card which arrived yesterday, same generic unbranded thing as the 64, cost a couple of quid more. It really seems too good to be true getting massive amounts of storage for under a tenner, i'm intrigued to see what happens. And that Sony USB looks so bad, on the packaging they couldn't even be bothered to squash the font in Paint to make it look semi-believable, i'd rather go unbranded than such a terrible attempt at fakery.

• 10 months later...

Reporting back. The Taiwanese SD card now has 90Gb of music on it and still performing well. It did glitch when I switched phones, freaked me out. I reformatted and it's been running smooth as shit from a ducks ass ever since. They work ok just don't swap them around

Archived