IGNORED

What you *should've* asked in AAA

mcbpete

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you guys lost all of your archives, data, and patches and all of your hardware was reset to factory presets, how long would it take you to be back to creating AE_LIVE and Exai style music again? That is, do you rely upon abstractions (maybe MAX/MSP stuff, custom software you made or something idk) that you've created over the years and you'd have to start from scratch, or are your music creation methods stored purely in your minds now? If that makes sense to ask.

If you guys lost all of your archives, data, and patches and all of your hardware was reset to factory presets, how long would it take you to be back to creating AE_LIVE and Exai style music again?

damn good question.

If you guys lost all of your archives, data, and patches and all of your hardware was reset to factory presets, how long would it take you to be back to creating AE_LIVE and Exai style music again?

damn good question.

Guest WNS000

damn good question.

sean pls

yeah not loads

Did you guys ever discover a music synthesis or DSP method where you think "wow, this should probably have an entry in a book somewhere or its own Wikipedia page" but you don't tell anyone because it's an Autechre™ trade secret?

Do you often hear tracks from your younger years that stand out in ways you'd never considered previously, like maybe something you hadn't heard in a decade or two that comes on and you're instantly intrigued by how they got that sound, or heard a cool break, or anything similar? What tracks have struck you in that way?

They'd probably not answer it, but I'd have asked.

sent using magic space waves

Guest WNS000

I heard from an interview that they actually had a bit of aversion to playing in Vancouver. Would like to know if this is BS or not and to elaborate if not.

Can you post the source? Thanks!

I heard from an interview that they actually had a bit of aversion to playing in Vancouver. Would like to know if this is BS or not and to elaborate if not.

I wonder why? I read somewhere that was their fav venue as far as sound goes. Or was that Cygnus? =/

I sorta got the vibe that that was more so the case with Seattle, the day prior.

Good to read the aaa again. Just started and already surprised by the first answer of sean to rubin's question about more lego feet:

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Rubin Farr, on 02 Nov 2013 - 4:25 PM, said:

Will we ever see another LegoFeet release?

possibly, we still have a pile of decent material from that era, we could have done another CD easily

what we have more of tho is stuff from between LF and Incunabula (mostly stuff Warp didn't want for Incunabula cos it didn't fit the AI theme or whatever)

He not only leaves room for more lego feet, but basically mentiones more work which might be released! So the question would be that now that they have their own bleep store (and more control about what and how they release their music), when will they bring their older unreleased material to the bleep store? ;]

• 2 years later...

"Will you guys suddenly disappear when people find out that you did all your stuff with Floops -> FL Studio?"

"How to disappear completely?"

"Will there be an Ae/Thom collab?"

damn good question.

Does the word 'record' refer only to an album, or can it also mean just a single?

It can also mean single. But you can't call a record a vinyl and you can never pluralise vinyl (same with lego)

Archived