IGNORED

Something AE_STORE is happening

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No disrespect to KSUA but I find it hilarious that not only would a subsidiary of the company that has sued for singing The Happy Birthday Song would premiere one of their flagship artists' releases on not only a college radio station, not only an Alaskan college radio station, but on the0 Fairbanks college radio station. To take it any further to its logical conclusion you'd pretty much have to have this thing premiered by shortwave from an inland outpost reachable only by a 2-seater plane.

Also that radio intro is totally charming.

And I have heard variations of this record/track/patch/parametric-collection 3 times live and 9 times in a recorded format before, so excuse me being a little grumpy about the lack of innovation over the last 1.8 years from the world's most innovative musicians.

No disrespect to KSUA but I find it hilarious that not only would a subsidiary of the company that has sued for singing The Happy Birthday Song would premiere one of their flagship artists' releases on not only a college radio station, not only an Alaskan college radio station, but on the0 Fairbanks college radio station. To take it any further to its logical conclusion you'd pretty much have to have this thing premiered by shortwave from an inland outpost reachable only by a 2-seater plane.

And I have heard variations of this record/track/patch/parametric-collection 3 times live and 9 times in a recorded format before, so excuse me being a little grumpy about the lack of innovation over the last 1.8 years from the world's most innovative musicians.

It wouldn't be the farthest warp has gone. Didn't they premiere the most recent BoC album from a van in the middle of the desert in california?

It wouldn't be the farthest warp has gone. Didn't they premiere the most recent BoC album from a van in the middle of the desert in california?

I went to that and it was fucking rad.

We only heard it in recordings because we have been really lucky with soundboards. I don't see the reason for complaining at all.

We have automation playing a bunch of random stuff most of the time. Apparently there were some sync issues with our software so the audio. which about 30 minutes (don't know what the ambient dub track is yet) played at the wrong time. Kind of added to the ridiculousness tho IMO cuz we hit peak radio streamage (in all of the radio streams history)

oh okay i was curious about the long silent gaps mostly! automation software crapped out?

full disclosure my dayjob is making this sort of software for independent radio stations so my interest isn't really autechre-related in this case...

I talked to the program director (one of 3 employees, I'm actually just a very involved volunteer at the moment), and he said that adding the ~30 minute block of audio that WARP sent them screwed up the automation schedule or something, possibly related to daylight savings time or something.

Yeah I get that. The last few years it seems they've been refining rather than reinventing. I do miss the feeling of surprise I had when I first heard Oversteps material, wonder if we'll ever get a project that unexpected from them again.

Yet, this track is pretty killer. Especially the last few minutes. Love how it gets stripped down by the end. I like it more than feed1.

+1

I'm with ya there

Guest bitroast

god damn !!! :w00t:

c16 is my kind of jam :^)

i think someone referred to the first track feed1 as sounding like gescom slow acid ?? cos this track is also giving me slow acid vibes. and slow acid is a fkn excellent track so comparisons here is a good thing. looking forward to what comes next (aelive style recorded RECORD!!!)

Coming from college radio background (KCPR 91.3fm San Luis Obispo!) this is super awesome to see a new autechre premiere going to college radio. Big ups whomever made that happen?

Finally got around to listening to it. Sounds like a variation of part of their AE_LIVE Dour set.

Still hard to believe they broadcast from an AK-based college radio station. I'm technically an alumnus of the same university system, but different campus.

We have automation playing a bunch of random stuff most of the time. Apparently there were some sync issues with our software so the audio. which about 30 minutes (don't know what the ambient dub track is yet) played at the wrong time. Kind of added to the ridiculousness tho IMO cuz we hit peak radio streamage (in all of the radio streams history)

oh okay i was curious about the long silent gaps mostly! automation software crapped out?

full disclosure my dayjob is making this sort of software for independent radio stations so my interest isn't really autechre-related in this case...

I talked to the program director (one of 3 employees, I'm actually just a very involved volunteer at the moment), and he said that adding the ~30 minute block of audio that WARP sent them screwed up the automation schedule or something, possibly related to daylight savings time or something.

Were you able to figure out what the 22 min glacier wave track was??

Lovely track that c16 thingy! In my mind I'm adding fourtothefloor beats grabbed from some dubby basic channel track though. Somehow I cant lose the idea I'm missing the beatsection.

Looking out towards the new LP which was released 'this week'. ;)

ok - that new "deep tread" track is 100% from their recent live sets. same exact sounds / structure / everything. i recognized it right away. i was so familiar with it i didn't even feel like playing it all the way through. it was like "yeah, i've heard this track a bunch of times already."

the "feed1" track, i can't directly place it from the recent live sets, but it definitely has very similar structure & sounds to that. no doubt it was generated with the same max patch they are using for their live stuff.

if their new album is just a compilation of more stuff from their live sets edited down, i have to say i'm going to be very disappointed. i feel so saturated in that whole vibe / soundspace from listening to all of the AE_LIVE stuff so much. the thing is they haven't announced a new album yet.

BUT... if they are going to release this 'album' as a patch that you run on your computer & it will generate new versions of the tracks each time you play it... that would be beyond epic. i think it would just be a matter of locking it down properly so that people couldn't reverse engineer it, and making it cross-platform compatible + stable.

O, I wouldn't mind some 'best of' selection from the recent live sets getting an album treatment with some new tracks added on top. I can appreciate the album-treatment of various live tracks for sure.

The patch as album idea is way too gimmicky for my taste. But I can see why people would really like that.

i don't think it's gimmicky - it's how the tracks were made in the first place.

plus releasing nine different live sets from the same tour sounds like they are already approaching this idea: showing slightly different facets of the same performance to show how it changes from night to night. the shows aren't radically different from each other (except for Krakow), they each have pretty much the same 'setlist / track order', yet the differences are there due to sean & robs realtime intervention in their process as it runs.

Guest hecanjog

Ah interesting, thanks!

Guest bitroast

i too would be totally fine with a recorded bunch of tracks from the live sets.

the AELIVE sets are amazing but a tad too mind melt-y and relentless to listen to casually ... as much as i love them they are a very specific thing. these tracks are already sounding more pleasant on the brain even tho they sound one and the same.

So Warp sent not a single AE track but a 30 minutes block of music?

So Warp sent not a single AE track but a 30 minutes block of music?

so where is the rest of it?

maybe the dubbay track & the one after that, these were both really long and un-shazamable.. So mebbe these were tracks by a mate of Autechre's, or by a Warp intern...?

maybe the dubbay track & the one after that, these were both really long and un-shazamable.. So mebbe these were tracks by a mate of Autechre's, or by a Warp intern...?

could be Cyngus

Archived