IGNORED

Something AE_STORE is happening

thehauntingsoul

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Warp sent not a single AE track but a 30 minutes block of music?

Due to new EU regulations all records are now to be sold in standardised 30 minute blocks

Sorry to ruin the fun, someone involved fucked up. They already played it an hour ago. Here it is:

https://we.tl/QtlAB9IFyK

I uploaded it to YouTube and it got instantly flagged by Warp for being a copyrighted track called "c16 deep tread". The end.

You're right, you're ruining the fun.

y'all missed it, was an hour ago

Was what was played an hour ago the same thing that's being played now? Whatever is being played now is definitely Autechre.

Gee, your welcome...

Also, no, this is not 'definitely' Autechre.

Also, continue in this thread please, we really have enough AE threads by now: http://forum.watmm.com/topic/90647-something-ae-store-is-happening/page-19?

so what you're saying is that both Warp (their own record label) AND Fact magazine describing what is playing now as Autechre are both wrong?

Yes. :dadjoke:

yeh, it's deffo the "submarine" track from AE_LIVE. thoroughly enjoying this iteration (settling into more "riffy" territory in places than in the live rec... aural documentations) but yeah, after having listened to its brethren like literally hundreds of times already it's hard to feel 100% exaite like for a "real" new track... AE_LIVE: the edit around the corner, called it mofos!

So Warp sent not a single AE track but a 30 minutes block of music?

Due to new EU regulations all records are now to be sold in standardised 30 minute blocks

a 30 minute block is not called a record

RECAP for those who are confused:

- Warp announces new track will play on an Alaskan student radio. They provide airtime + stream link.

- Track plays *one hour* sooner than anticipated.

- At the time the track *should* have played, Warp tweets "New Autechre track now playing" + stream link .... as a +20 minute dub ambient track is playing instead :dadjoke:

- General havoc, confusion and frustration

- More havoc and confusion as Warp retweets a FACTMag tweet saying "this Autechre track sure sounds like dub ambient"

- Manic neurotic fan speculations about a new Autechre direction are through the roof.

Result:

- Havoc

- Confusion

- Frustration

- Silly speculation

- Warp twitter team will have a job opening soon

- FACTMag = lol

- Only 10 fans got to hear the track as it aired

and one of them was me

who wants to touch me :catrecline: go on

that was such a nice and irritating situation. i just came from the gym, all sweaty and stinking when the c16 track started playing. and one hour later (still stinking, I just couldn't leave the computer and hit the shower) that glacial dub techno ambient fact-tweet and the confusion in the chat. very entertaining. thanks again to herr jan for upping the recordings!

I'm still disappointed, that the glacial thingy was not ae...

It does kind of surprise me that they'd release soundboards of various shows, and then an album culled from the same patches - so much crossover does seem odd given they could have put out older recordings on the website. Although I always find the traditional album format the easiest to listen to (especially as I rarely play music on my computer) so I'd be totally happy with an album.

Still, Ae aren't known for doing things the obvious way so maybe it all makes sense really.

Twelb tomorrow then?

nah it will be Bull Wallet (Where did that one come from again? Twelb at least sounds Autechre-ican bull wallet just seemed proper random)

It does kind of surprise me that they'd release soundboards of various shows, and then an album culled from the same patches - so much crossover does seem odd given they could have put out older recordings on the website. Although I always find the traditional album format the easiest to listen to (especially as I rarely play music on my computer) so I'd be totally happy with an album.

Still, Ae aren't known for doing things the obvious way so maybe it all makes sense really.

Twelb tomorrow then?

I think someone may have hit the nail on the head with this being a quadrange style release. As in the "live" was the album and this will be versions of them tracks mayhap?

but its all speculation at this point hope whatever it is the new Record drops soon! :)

Where did that one come from again?

I think it came from someone here mocking up a possible cover for Exai before its name was known, in which Rod and Sam's faces were superimposed onto this and some of the letters removed from the title:

Bulletproof_wallets.jpg

How long does it usually take between the teasing with tracks and a possible release ???

oversteps took 3 month from first announcement to release

Archived