IGNORED

Nanoloop Analog Synth

this new prototype has been teased by olivier for a bit now. his new yt video offers the first audio and details on his next major project.

"A 3-channel analog synthesizer on a Game Boy cart. Sound comes from the Game Boy's headphone output."

• 1 month later...

can't wait! It's gonna be so good for syncing with nanoloop2.

only compatible with original gb/gbc

Actually only the original monochrome models will work correctly, according to oliver (nanoloop creator):

It's only DMG and GB Pocket. GB color has it, too, but its internal high-pass filter kills almost all of the bass while it amplifies the hiss and other noise. With the analog drums being almost sine waves, the effect is much more present than with GB square waves.
Pocket also has a high pass, but not quite as bad as GB Color. In GB pocket, you can bypass the high-pass by sticking two capacitors on the board, you don't even need to solder them. This may be possible on GB Color, too, I haven't tried it yet.

can't wait! It's gonna be so good for syncing with nanoloop2.

only compatible with original gb/gbc

Actually only the original monochrome models will work correctly, according to oliver (nanoloop creator):

It's only DMG and GB Pocket. GB color has it, too, but its internal high-pass filter kills almost all of the bass while it amplifies the hiss and other noise. With the analog drums being almost sine waves, the effect is much more present than with GB square waves.

Pocket also has a high pass, but not quite as bad as GB Color. In GB pocket, you can bypass the high-pass by sticking two capacitors on the board, you don't even need to solder them. This may be possible on GB Color, too, I haven't tried it yet.

yeah i should've clarified more thoroughly

can i get this on my smartphone ? :emotawesomepm9::emotawesomepm9:

Yep, just needs a couple of tweaks -

iphone-prototype-power-mac-software.jpg

lol. studio of a mad genius

It would be fantastic to know that the photo was taken last week.

god damnit that looks so good, can't wait to get one!

I've been really caning nanoloop(2) recently, last night I got some super acroyear2-ish sounds out of it. Every time I think I've exhausted all of the sound design possibilities, I figure something else out. I'm getting to a point where I haven't heard anyone else making the kind of sounds I'm getting out of nanoloop; must be a good thing :D

Archived