IGNORED

The Advice Thread

LimpyLoo

Thought i'd spitball another speculative thread idea...a thread to solicit advice from the sexy sages of watmm:

Q: Should i try to convert my anti-vaxxer mom?

(After you have sex with her, of course)

She is not a brick wall by any means, but in the last 5 years she has taken to all the pseudo-science this world has to offer: from ESP to 'The Secret' to you name it. She caught bacterial meningitus a couple years ago and was ved-ridden for a month...she later claimed that it wasn't physical illness at all but rather some sort of spiritual struggle. And she regularly visits a quack 'doctor' who sells her expensive herbal supplements and aligns her chakras and all that fun stuff.

I did try to talk to her about this stuff and she was disappointed in my negativity and 'lack of belief'.

So yeah...

How/why did Ivan's posts get "best answered"?

I didn't do it...i thought OP had the power to crown "best answer"

(Not saying it's necessarily bad advice...)

Forum-AI-Upgrade "PalHal 9000"

As long as she's not responsible for raising any more children she shouldn't do too much damage. Presumably she was fine with vaccinating you when you were wee though?

As long as she's not responsible for raising any more children she shouldn't do too much damage. Presumably she was fine with vaccinating you when you were wee though?

No this is a recent development

I got every medical affordance under the sun when i was a kid

I'd only interfere if it's likely to affect her well-being.

If she were to get cancer, i'm pretty sure she'd try to cure it with vitamin C supplements instead of going to an oncologist

So yeah i'm kinda worried about her making decisions like that

Archived