IGNORED

Autechre - feed1

sysyphus

i love autechre for the innovation, so a small part of me wishes this was more of that then a refinement of the exai/live thing. i still haven't given each live set more than a few plays... but knowing these guys it will probably click with me in like 7 years.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was ok. couple of cool moments but overall just more of the same, which, I imagine if you're an autechre fanatic, is great.

wish I enjoyed this stuff as much as so many other people seem to.

WfvI3qo.jpg

lolol

can't stop replaying :D

I take a one-day break from WATMM and BOOM NEWTECHRE. Just when I was lamenting about the lack of things I have to look forward to.

Well, it's sounding cool although I would also like to hear something a bit more different from the Ae Live stuff. Maybe they've finally found a sound they're really happy with and are moving from radical mutations to finer-grained refinement. I trust they know what they're doing and I'm sure I'll discover more juicy hidden details as I play this on repeat until the next thing is released.

For people saying they would rather it not sound like the liveset.. do you think you have maybe been spolied a wee bit by them releasing the livesets?

I mean would you feel differently if the universe was exactly the same but those awesome live sets had never been recorded and released?

This is awesome.

Pointless technical observation: The radio broadcast brutally shaved off everything above 18kHz (not that it makes a difference to my ears). Mentioning this as Ae usually leave the entire spectrum intact (i.e., no low pass). Interested to see what the release version will sound like.

It might look like a very loose connection, but this track as well as many similar passages from the AE_LIVE recordings remind me of Ghanaian donno drummers

https://youtu.be/V6TxfAZTUeE?t=35m20s

Sounds cool. Might play it to the next door neighbors when they come round for Sunday tea and a slice of cake. I think I'll put this on instead of the usual viewing of Songs of Praise.

Just like Mr Kipling, Autechre serves up exceedingly good treats. Maybe not exceedingly delicious for the taste buds but definitely exceedingly delicious for the brain. Specifically the darkest corners of the cerebrum.

The jammy-ness, and the snare splutters really remind me of Quaristice. Is it relevant that the album art is also quite similar to quaristice track art?

It sounds like tac Lacora, gantz graf, and Gescom's Slow Acid recreated through their live setup.

The thing I keep thinking about is how they said recently that they were almost to the point they can just spit out an album on the fly...like, could this upcoming release be the first real iteration of that idea? It's obviously either directly made from the live setup or at least incorporating many ideas/pieces of it.

I'm fucking excited no matter what; even though it's touching on similar ideas they've been exploring lately, it seems to be fresh takes on that sound more than just retreading old ideas. And AE have never gone stale, so I'm generally unafraid of that happening. There's a lot in the track that can't be heard well at the quality we have it in currently.

sent using magic space waves

Archived