IGNORED

spinborn

chronical

Here's some of my recent music under the spinborn name. I know I already made a thread but I can't seem to edit it so I made a new one here. Been making music for a good year now, Renoise only (besides a broken tascam tape mixer I used for two tracks).

Criticism is very welcome! I don't know jackshit about music theory, if anyone could point me to a good book or something like that I'd appreciate it.

https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/janus-llywen
https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/calneva

https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/ravine-ravers

after a week of almost just listening to Analord:

First attempt at making an acid track:

njoy!

I like it all, nicely produced (especially after only a year) and you have a good sense for melody already, so wouldn't worry too much about music theory unless it's something you're particularly interested in.

• 2 weeks later...

I like it all, nicely produced (especially after only a year) and you have a good sense for melody already, so wouldn't worry too much about music theory unless it's something you're particularly interested in.

thanks caze :) well if you say so I'll gladly continue the way I've worked till now, I just don't have the .. how would you call it, audible imagination for something like an arpeggiating sequence of harmonies. I guess that will either form with time or I'll have to read up on it..

(also thanks Djeroek)

great stuff and i agree that its probably not necessary to worry too much about theory unless incorporating harmonies is something you're specifically interested in! for what its worth, ableton is a great environment for playing with arpeggios and you can even put renoise inside it now..

great stuff and i agree that its probably not necessary to worry too much about theory unless incorporating harmonies is something you're specifically interested in! for what its worth, ableton is a great environment for playing with arpeggios and you can even put renoise inside it now..

I wouldn't dare put Renoise in anything but thanks for the info :)

like the acid track. i'd like to hear more like that :)

On it!

Here's today jam:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up. If you've only been producing music for a year then this is really well done!

Yeah, that pretty much sums it all up. If you've only been producing music for a year then this is really well done!

Thank you, hopefully I'll be able to get some gear soon. Starting to feel the limitations of digital knob twiddling.

definitely one of my favourite EKTers, and this would be impressive even for 5-10 years of experience. Great artwork too.

Aw thanks clevreuse! always motivating to hear. I missed replying to your comment about ravine ravers, it's gonna be on a CD soon, just for fun - with CDR (an artist) from Japan :)

Artwork for me is part of it, especially when uploading on Soundcloud.. gotta keep my synesthesia in check, lol.

Aw thanks clevreuse! always motivating to hear. I missed replying to your comment about ravine ravers, it's gonna be on a CD soon, just for fun - with CDR (an artist) from Japan :)

Artwork for me is part of it, especially when uploading on Soundcloud.. gotta keep my synesthesia in check, lol.

nice man, might have heard a bit of cdr's stuff (do you mean cdr1200?) i forget the number now.. remember it being more on the dnb/noise side so that could be interesting - and i'm the same with artwork lol.. I like the concept with the ship, should definitely stick to that imo

nice man, might have heard a bit of cdr's stuff (do you mean cdr1200?) i forget the number now.. remember it being more on the dnb/noise side so that could be interesting - and i'm the same with artwork lol.. I like the concept with the ship, should definitely stick to that imo

cdr1234 on bandcamp :) yeah I really dig the images of the ship, I'm working on things that fit it – for now I just finished this one..

https://soundcloud.com/spinborn/goteki

hope WATMM digs it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived