IGNORED

spinborn

chronical

Sounds great what’s the setup?

finally got an interface (a focusrite 18i20) so I can multitrack things in renoise, used to do everything with just one input from the macbook's mic in which was rubbish. also got a midiverb II and a tube preamp as a gift from a friend, so now I have a monologue, volca fm, technics e piano, boss delay pedal, midiverb II all going into that.. :) super happy with it. also getting a modded volca beats in the next few weeks, got a kenton thru 5 a few days ago to sequence it properly.

can't wait to sequence more external things, got a bit fed up with sequencing everything inside an overheating 8 year old macbook, now I can set all the routing up and chill out on my couch with a zaquencer on my lap, cant wait! also have a tascam a500 and a tascam 488mkII mixer that are there in case I want some lush tape sounds, recording at higher IPS on the mixer makes for some curious ambient/chillout things like this old thing.. 

Sounds great what’s the setup?

finally got an interface (a focusrite 18i20) so I can multitrack things in renoise, used to do everything with just one input from the macbook's mic in which was rubbish. also got a midiverb II and a tube preamp as a gift from a friend, so now I have a monologue, volca fm, technics e piano, boss delay pedal, midiverb II all going into that.. :) super happy with it. also getting a modded volca beats in the next few weeks, got a kenton thru 5 a few days ago to sequence it properly.

can't wait to sequence more external things, got a bit fed up with sequencing everything inside an overheating 8 year old macbook, now I can set all the routing up and chill out on my couch with a zaquencer on my lap, cant wait! also have a tascam a500 and a tascam 488mkII mixer that are there in case I want some lush tape sounds, recording at higher IPS on the mixer makes for some curious ambient/chillout things like this old thing.. 

Wow you don't have much gear lol. I'm gonna check your latest one. I got a like 7 year old mac too. Wouldn't even attempt to use for sequencer though. Actually its my wife's mac lol.

Wow you don't have much gear lol. I'm gonna check your latest one. I got a like 7 year old mac too. Wouldn't even attempt to use for sequencer though. Actually its my wife's mac lol.

Yeah don't need much more for now I think, I still have to get my head around fm synthesis properly and the monologue can do a whole lot for basslines. Would love an analogue poly synth though, trying to save up for a Vermona Perfourmer :) 

Yeah don't need much more for now I think, I still have to get my head around fm synthesis properly and the monologue can do a whole lot for basslines. Would love an analogue poly synth though, trying to save up for a Vermona Perfourmer :) 

Very true. I just used one of these for many years.

$_86.JPG

That said my music was pretty rubbish on it because I didn't really know what I was doing ha ha.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Totally worth making public.  Lots of people tend to write off more chilled out tracks.  While it's true that they don't tend to get as much 'play' from people at large, I'm always in.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, webby said:

Really excellent chilled-out delicate sounds, very inventive too in the way the pads evolve. I don't know why you wouldn't want to post it public, it's a great track. 

On 7/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

Totally worth making public.  Lots of people tend to write off more chilled out tracks.  While it's true that they don't tend to get as much 'play' from people at large, I'm always in.  

thanks a bunch you two, just saw these two replies. I guess I'm just not comfortable putting older stuff on public. Been on a bit of a break with music the past year, but that'll clear up very soon I imagine. 

Archived