IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

^ aye, check the comments here for example:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/05/21/new-autechre-album-elseq-1-5/

People commenting on synthtopia must be a very special kind of basement dweller, but one would think that the synthesizer nerds there would be more receptive of the 'chre? no way AE is getting more popular again...

4 all the ae fans out there, dont click on that link or even read the comments unless you want to die of a painfull death.

also i have a feeling that the elseq ep´s are made for the ae fans, no one else seems to enjoy their new stuff except of "us"

I actually don't think Autechre make music for anyone but themselves.They just make what they want to make, and have done so for a long time!

Listened to 1 and 2 last night and it was the first time since Quaristice that I've found new Ae genuinely confusing. On about my third listen now and they're sounding great. This is a very good sign.

Ill take this new stuff over the old. Melodies others can do. This stuff is meditative. The modular guys tend to get turned on by car alarms. They want to see the patch and have it explained to them. Nerd brownie points. Even smaller audience than us

Edited by marf

that and also, perhaps they never had the right attitude towards "appreciating music" from the start. They might as well be talking about car engines and motorbikes.

That's what a lot of them are about. Not that they aren't music lovers, it just seems that many become far more interested in the gear as gear than the music one can make with the gear. Certainly not all, but there's a lot of that.

^ aye, check the comments here for example:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/05/21/new-autechre-album-elseq-1-5/

People commenting on synthtopia must be a very special kind of basement dweller, but one would think that the synthesizer nerds there would be more receptive of the 'chre? no way AE is getting more popular again...

4 all the ae fans out there, dont click on that link or even read the comments unless you want to die of a painfull death.

also i have a feeling that the elseq ep´s are made for the ae fans, no one else seems to enjoy their new stuff except of "us"

I actually don't think Autechre make music for anyone but themselves.They just make what they want to make, and have done so for a long time!

A lot of artists say they're only making tunes for themselves, but rarely do I believe it because their actions often prove otherwise. But AE have been rather consistent, certainly for the last couple decades, at seeming to hold to that idea, only releasing what they want. The email someone posted from Bleep/Warp saying that the Bleepstores releases have been essentially straight from the artist to the consumer with essentially no interaction from Warp seems to be truth.

Listened to 1 and 2 last night and it was the first time since Quaristice that I've found new Ae genuinely confusing. On about my third listen now and they're sounding great. This is a very good sign.

I'm with you there. Some is confusing good, some just confusing...overall I'm certainly enjoying the tunes, but there's tracks and moments that I'm not sure I'll ever warm to. The good stuff is just getting better with each play...but I'm trying not to overdo it. :)

At what point do we make separate threads to discuss each track? Considering almost every one of them are over 10 minutes and would qualify as an epic on other releases, plus have nano-detail throughout it seems inevitable each one is good for 20 pages or so.

"I'm making tunes for me self the real artist" - No, you focking sell dat shit with all economic implications of this act.

Yeah? Artists who sell their art vs. artists who don't are different in your mind?

So I had a great time at this festival over the weekend but last night I got back to my tent and there was a hella lot of background noise and I was still buzzing from the days activities so i listened to elseq-2 and it was an amazing experience

"I'm making tunes for me self the real artist" - No, you focking sell dat shit with all economic implications of this act.

Yeah? Artists who sell their art vs. artists who don't are different in your mind?

We live in a capitalist world and everyone's gotta eat.

I think the difference is in where that money's coming from. Someone whose profits come from mainstream appeal depends on its narrow band of acceptable taste (see: synthtopia comments). And people who make a living from separate day jobs, especially those who have mortgages, families, etc. often lack the time required to answer the hard economic / aesthetic / philosophical / technical / logistical questions involved in making a living off art, or even in making good art.

Autechre's situation actually seems ideal to me - they have tens, maybe hundreds, of thousands of incredibly loyal fans who expect them to do interesting things, so it's basically a requirement that they not let themselves get bored.

this is the kind of music i was hoping to hear in 2016. this is incredible. awe inspiring. thanx ae

Edited by Kingdom of Heaven

this album - yeah, calling it an album - has some chiastic slide-ish qualities to it. the mix between melodies and the stuff which is a middle between noise and rhythms on artov chain for instance. could have been called "art of chiastic".

My favourite thing they've done since Draft. I thought about making a disc of my favourites for regular listening but ended up with more than 2 CDs worth so gave up on that idea.

feed1

13x0 step

pendulu hv moda

c7b2

eastre

acdwn2

freulaeux

latentcall

mesh cinereaL

foldfree casual

spTh

oneum