IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

too much stuff...

er, no. if you haven't even come to grips with Exai yet, as (iirc) you said earlier itt, then I daresay the problem is with you keeping up.

4 and half hours of autechre jams is great but i bet they didn't spend half as long making this as oversteps

and yet I already like it a shitload more than Oversteps, which is excellent in its own right. these are not throwaway jams, people trying to cheapen this stuff like so is kind of annoying to read.

Edited by usagi

who gives a shit how long it took? do you honestly think the more time you spend on art the better it is? you can't be that silly

Are you saying that % wise that this has better material than their last 3 albums? theyre about the same length

who gives a shit how long it took? do you honestly think the more time you spend on art the better it is? you can't be that silly

Are you saying that % wise that this has better material than their last 3 albums? theyre about the same length

I'm not taking copious notes and comparing it to everything they have released. I'm listening to it and enjoying the fuck out of it.

what people are missing here is how other people listen to music...

when i listen to music i listen on a nice stereo on my sofa with a coffee and a spliff letting the music take over my body and mind..

I look at the artwork (which i think is just as important as the music) and let it tell a story...

If i buy digital i have no artwork unless i stare at a screen, if i want to listen to the highest quality i need some ridiculous DAC attached to my stereo unless i listen on my computer...then i'm not im my fav position.

I totally get that everything is going digital and i need to change my listening habits but when i can buy Kamasi Washington - The Epic on vinyl which is nearly 3 hours long for £25 which has 15 minute tracks etc....I'm like ....i don't get it..

All these people who need substances to listen to Ae need to wake up and realize that you don't need to alter your mind to listen to this fantastic ground breaking music. Why are you so weak willed people. Get a life...

All these people who need substances to listen to Ae need to wake up and realize that you don't need to alter your mind to listen to this fantastic ground breaking music. Why are you so weak willed people. Get a life...

Aye, chill out man. Substances are just an extreme way of getting into different mindsets. Some music I like to drive to, some music I want on a big stereo in the forest, some music is for walking through the city headphones on, some music when I'm sad or happy etc. It doesn't mean I can't appreciate that music at different times/in different mindsets but these things can have a huge impact.

Saying you need to be on some sort-of substance to enjoy music is just as dismissive as saying you must be stone cold sober and giving it your utmost attention. There are many different ways to approach music listening!

They probably don't NEED it to enjoy the music but it enhances it for them? I don't know, since I don't do that, but why hold it against someone who does?

Substances are indeed used to enrich the music even more. Great music will be better. It's an extra interesting layer/dimension.

Recently I listened this after a night of stimulants. Trust me, this was an epic experience. This live set sounds like a mellow alien autechre. Really good.

Also try doing MD once with a girl on a cosy evening, on a coach with some nice music in the background. Enjoy the love trip. :)

Edited by Fredd-E

I'm just browned off I guess with people who need to show off about taking drugs to enhance their experience. It's so passe. Also it sort of belittles what Ae have achieved - I think you can better appreciate the sonic experience without synthetics which only lead to delusion and psychosis.

I'm just browned off I guess with people who need to show off about taking drugs to enhance their experience. It's so passe. Also it sort of belittles what Ae have achieved - I think you can better appreciate the sonic experience without synthetics which only lead to delusion and psychosis.

I don't have the inclination to take substances, but saying it will only lead to delusion and psychosis is pretty dismissive. I actually don't think that's a balanced or truthful perspective. Two sides to every coin you know?

Substances are NOT needed to enjoy, but rather add another dimension. You get to experience the music differently. Is all, yo. And I know: drugs r bad, m'kay.

Would it made a difference if i said a beer?

oh i hope i'm not late to a party shitting on vinyl/physical format requirement cunts?

not having a physical format for autechre is really the most natural thing for them to do, it's exactly the same thing as them turning off all the lights on their live shows. it's a pointless superficiality they never needed but had to include due to being on a label with its own requirements..

and fuck that "not buying digital files" thing too, you're not buying anything, you can literally get the links to download this album for free in the first few google pages with the "autechre elseq" search string. you're just paying them money for their effort. why the fucking need to own some piece of mass produced plastic? jesus i hate you fucking twats.

Edited by eugene

cause taking drugs and listening to amazing music is awesome ,especially with autechre?

Edited by Ivan Ooze

oh i hope i'm not late to a party shitting on vinyl/physical format requirement cunts?

not having a physical format for autechre is really the most natural thing for them to do, it's exactly the same thing as them turning off all the lights on their live shows. it's a pointless superficiality they never needed but had to include due to being on a label with its own requirements..

and fuck that "not buying digital files" thing too, you're not buying anything, you can literally get the links to download this album for free in the first few google pages with the "autechre elseq" search string. you're just paying them money for their effort. why the fucking need to own some piece of mass produced plastic? jesus i hate you fucking twats.

rude but word. petty traditionalists.

edit: mixing drug with music experience is (potentially) cool but not mandatory. end of discussion.

Edited by jaderpansen

4 and half hours of autechre jams is great but i bet they didn't spend half as long making this as oversteps

Your+continued+references+to+me+stalking

i don't hear jams either, are their last 7 albums jams?

I got pretty scary convulsions 7 February 2013 while being stoned and listening to CD2 for the first time. You had to see it lol! They peaked on cloudline and i had to go to the kitchen and drink some cheap bourbon to stop this shit.

autechre have released on a variety of different media. in addition to cd, vinyl and cassette they also released a minidisc and sean seemed to flirt with the idea of releasing a dat at one point and said he thought serious music listeners should have a dat machine. they've also designed some of their own album art which included frosted jewel cases, embossed sleeves and sean claimed that for a time lp5, which utilized special material for the cd and uniquely curved sleeves for the lps, was his favorite of ae's album art. additionally we are familiar with the whole "incomplete without surface noise" indication.

now, i'm totally on board with this new shit being totally digital, zero complaints from me. but to suggest that physical releases are "antithetical" to the autechre project is utterly ridiculous. the brothers are obviously interested in experimenting with the possibilities unique to different formats.

people who are self righteous about formats are boring as fuck.

you're listening to autechre wrong if repetition/slow and gradual mutation of the same idea bothers you. i think at this stage they are an improv-psychodelic duo using digital instruments. they're not doing songs or tracks or whatever it is that requires an X amount of musical ideas per Y amount of time.

I love defensive Ae fans get when someone turns round and says actually some of these tracks are a bit wank...

example: TBM2 6 mins beat not going anywhere?

you sure theyre not trolling?

it goes from eastre to mesh. it's comparatively sparse alright but that's quite the opposite of wanky innit. anyway i think it has its place on this rec... alb... thingy.

Edited by jaderpansen