IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I'm just here to say that exai is a fuckin pop album compared to elseq. And that i like both.

:catrecline:

best n00b 'testing the water' post ever. Go back to deadmouse.

LOL £50 for a poster. TDR are a bunch of fucking clowns. If you spend £50 on that poster then YOU are the artwork.. and nobody gets you.

But it's printed with ultra black! :cerious:

Mmm, not sure I agree, I think it's pretty good and I hope it doesn't sell out...ahhh....wait...ahhhhh...yes...yes!....I see, I see, I see!!!!

Yeah that poster is well crap, fuck those clowns at tDR!!! What do they know about anything? Nothing!! Zilch!! Fuck All!! Squat!!!

(keep those fuckers off the scent and in a few more weeks and my piggybank will be full, then it'll be hanging in The Cave)

Edited by beerwolf

Every time I revisit elseq I'm floored by it. Something unfolds in a new way on each listen. 13x0 step is a recent favorite.

A logical conclusion along Autechre's trajectory will be installing the next album and letting it unfurl organically forever.

I personally love the long format, 20+ minute let everything hang out and shift around tracks. It complements the mind perfectly. I hesitate to call elseq my favorite release, but I am in love with their output from Exai forward.

They will make a bot that continually processes and spits out albums every 3 years. Eventually it will sputter out and die, perhaps in 150 years. It's final dying breath will be an album of beatles covers. Thus ends the story of autechre.

some really good points buried in a lot of floofy doof bullshit there in that review....good stuff tho!

the emphasis on FM synthesis on this record seems misinformed and out of date...fuck knows what's going on in the land of elseq. did I miss an interview or something discussing technique?

using laptops as protest and resistance he he love it.

kinda seems like a computer wrote that review.....

Edited by monoppus

LOL £50 for a poster. TDR are a bunch of fucking clowns. If you spend £50 on that poster then YOU are the artwork.. and nobody gets you.

But it's printed with ultra black! :cerious:

Mmm, not sure I agree, I think it's pretty good and I hope it doesn't sell out...ahhh....wait...ahhhhh...yes...yes!....I see, I see, I see!!!!

Yeah that poster is well crap, fuck those clowns at tDR!!! What do they know about anything? Nothing!! Zilch!! Fuck All!! Squat!!!

(keep those fuckers off the scent and in a few more weeks and my piggybank will be full, then it'll be hanging in The Cave)

Got mine quickly after it sold out on TDR...since I'm a grown ass man I can blow $80 on occasion. I'm surprised it's not sold out on bleepstores yet

when listening to this, it's not difficult to imagine autechre will be releasing music long after these two dudes pass away. it seems inevitable.

morbid thought but i agree. it's almost as if that's what rob & sean are trying to build with their software system, something that incorporates their decision making process & aesthetic sense and can run on autopilot & keep generating new material to a certain extent. they still have their hands on the controls but what will their system be capable of 10-20 years from now?

ok finally gonna give part 5 a first listen tonight

On a first step, I liked that record, but for different reasons that seemed the easiest chapter of Elseq... Maybe overly minimalist. Then, after two months of listening, here repeated the characteristic Phenomenon AE. Even seemingly elementary songs, I discovered them on an unexpected depth... The variety of sound in Pendulu Casual and it's spacial nature, the combination of notes and sounds and the rhythmic trap of "Spaces Hov V" (this track, probably, is an evolution of Atoms Vectors Pixels Ghost... listen at 00:47 https://i.imgur.com/s6sCTCk.png ) , the entire universe of variations that are followed in the Oneum's ocean of reverb, and the 'interminable backbeat fight between kick and bass line in "Freulaeux"...
This thing of discovery sub-dimensions in music, in an instant - but after months of listening - it happens only with Auetechre. And, reading, it seems to me that mine is not an isolated case.
it's as if they had conceived the musical equivalent of 3D graphics, (aka "Magic Eye"). I remember that I could look at those drawings for minutes, but only in an instantaneous act, the image appeared. And it was not an image, it was an image with depth.

Now I'm finding the harmonic conspiracy inside Mesh Cinereal ... it's a sublime journey.
it is possible that from 16:58 onwards, a human singing appear, filtered through a vocoder?

great post!!

yes the magic-eye thing...imagine developing the same concept behind the trippy posters beyond mere stoner black light novelty, beyond functional special fx shots...into a richly emotive and expressive art form with incredible depth of detail

one way to describe their work that works for me

Yeah, great post AE35unit. I'm finding part5 different from the rest but I don't know if that's cos I waited so long to hear it after the other tracks which I listened to as a bunch, repeatedly. Listening habits dictate appreciation? 5 was isolated. sPth was the one I got into instantly. I'm gonna have to spend some time with the other tracks on 5.

Also, after much deliberation I bought that poster today :facepalm:Arrives tomorrow via DPD. I am the artwork