IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

damnit I wish tDR would start making interesting designs again

AE_LIVE was alright, but elseq really doesn't do it for me at all. I wonder if the artwork for both was generated based on some data or similar?

I didn't care much for the elseq artwork either, but it's really grown on me... It's like a bunch of black holes eating eachother with squares added as sort of filled in and fractured graphing spots...

... But the music!!!

This album has done to me what Download's Furnace did to me over a decade ago. It's completely changed the way I view and listen to music...

I wonder if the artwork for both was generated based on some data or similar?

Knowing tDr's Ae relationship I'm sure this is definitely the case. Just spent the last 15 minutes staring at the circles and squares like a crazy person, trying to work out some sort of pattern with the track/elseq # they relate to ...

fuck, those cards are some beautiful knickknacks alright... but far to expensive to be sent out as actual postcards, so kinda doomed to end up as dust catchers in some corner...

argl, nope, gonna pass on these, one has to draw the line/circle/square somewhere...

regarding elseq: still beyond reproach of course.

Looking at them, the cards are A6 which is 105mm wide.  As a CD is 120mm, I don't think my elseq CD's will fit in the box.

Which is a real pity as it would be a great place to store them in my collection.

Therefore, no sale.

Think I'll pass on the live and elseq cards, but only because I bought both posters (and paid hefty when considering shipping costs). Unfortunately for me, that 3rd poster has to be an instabuy to complete the collection, and those oversteps cards are tempting, in spite of (or maybe because of?) their absurdity.

Edited by Nenlow66

I didn't care much for the elseq artwork either, but it's really grown on me... It's like a bunch of black holes eating eachother with squares added as sort of filled in and fractured graphing spots...

... But the music!!!

This album has done to me what Download's Furnace did to me over a decade ago. It's completely changed the way I view and listen to music...

Phenomenal album.

I'm starting to think tDR are scumbags, these post cards are an absolute rinse. Combined with the price of the posters? Absolute jokers.

^ They are really pricy.

Postcards though.... I mean a collector isn't going to USE them... Just seems weird to have a box of postcards sitting on a shelf. Posters make sense (price not so much) but postcards are a weird item...

elseq shows up on Pitchfork's Top 20 Electronic Albums of 2016 list:

http://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/9990-the-20-best-electronic-albums-of-2016/

Autechre’s live shows, performed in near-total darkness, can be overwhelming experiences. And in recent years, so are the duo’s releases: Their ongoing series of live recordings is nine installments deep and growing, while this digital-only album sprawls across five virtual “discs” and more than four hours. Even if you don’t pony up the cash for the 24-bit lossless version and content yourself with a damn-near Paleolithic 320 kbps, Sean Booth and Rob Brown’s algorithmic free-for-alls have never sounded more vivid, flitting between cellophane crinkle and ice-crystal fractals, and flecked with stray bits of hip-hop and Stockhausen. If you own a quality pair of headphones or speakers, however, the hi-fi version really is the way to go: Staring down the tunnel of a track like “TBM2” or the gorgeous “pendulu hv moda,” the level of detail is so granular, it can practically inspire vertigo. And even if “cozy” isn't quite the right word for it, there is something soothing about Autechre’s music once you let their silvery space-blanket textures envelop you.

... But the music!!!

Phenomenal album.

I'm starting to think tDR are scumbags, these post cards are an absolute rinse. Combined with the price of the posters? Absolute jokers.

In fairness, they're not posters, they're screenprints, and almost everyone charges a bomb for those. The poster on the Ae store is just a regular printed poster and is far less expensive.

Frankly, I'd be happy with poster repros of these screenprints, like the stuff they used to release on thepeoplesbureau.com, but it's clearly not going to happen. :(

damnit I wish tDR would start making interesting designs again

AE_LIVE was alright, but elseq really doesn't do it for me at all. I wonder if the artwork for both was generated based on some data or similar?

if you look at my avatar, there does seem to be some sort of logic to the sequence (that's all artworks animated in sequential order)