IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

i kinda wanted to refrain from this cos it's kinda just too obvious / cliché but fuck me elseq 5 is giving me serious tron (82 ofc) vibes, especially spaces...

i remember how the monolithic / blank / dark nature of the "sky" inside the computer conveyed this curious combination of endless vastness and claustrophobia at the same time which freaked the shit out of me as a kid, this is what elseq made me feel all over again. pant-shitting alien beauty!

tron15.jpg

Tron%201982%20Disney%20Jeff%20Bridges-06

340e51489a22f81649b4d8a9437cdedd.jpg

tron-3.jpg

tron13.jpg

ps: ready for soundboards now, kthx!

I've never really understood how people conclude an artist is taking themselves too seriously just from the music. Surely you can only infer that from interviews? From the couple of elseq interviews i've read, it sounds like ae are having a fuckin blast at the moment. Didn't they liken their current system to gta at one point, saying it's just like fucking around in a video game and seeing what comes out. Is an artist automatically taking themselves too seriously if they're not making happy tracks? 

why?

just realised i probs shoulda explained myself in original comment to rid any questions but:

bcoz (and not 2 knock the lads) these live sets seem to be more rigid than the other tour (AE LIVE stuff), like i went to 2 of their shows this tour and ive also listened to other bootlegs of other dates, and they all have a formula of ~32 minutes = heavy descending bassline thing (u know which bit im talkin about), ~45 mins = cathedral chords and ~55 mins = 4/4 stuff with what sounds like knocking on a massive metal sheet. they must have timepoints set up for those transition bits coz what they do is all procedural, dont think they sit there with a timer going "right, when this reaches 32 minutes im gunna switch to descending bassline bit". with AE live it sounds like a lot more is able to be moved about within the set

id still buy the shit out of it tho

• 1 month later...

Ok so i always love when the normie bystander comments on my music, especially of the Autechre flavor, but this happened this morning and i'm still smiling..

I was pumping gas and had c16 deep tread (fave from elseq, those fuckin twangy snares are just uughhhh) blasting from an open window (apologies, i'm sorta the type that enjoys showing unwilling people what i listen to) and a truck pulled up on the other side, some early 40's white-collar dude

After a while he's like "man what kinda stuff are you playing?" so i laughed and said "oh it is a bit a loud sorry, it's a group called autechre". Then he asks where they're from, such interest catches me off-guard. So i tell him and he's like "it sounds like this kind of techno...club...dark..." and i interjected "yes! It's like death techno, pretty experimental stuff" and he says "yeah i kinda like it"

I told him to look em up, have a good day, and then i left. I'm realizing encounters like this give me some of the purest feelings of joy anymore. He may have gone and listened to the whole album, he may have forgotten the name as soon as i left, but like at least he knows that song exists ya know?

In conclusion: death techno  :cool:

Well, I played some Autechre to a colleague and now he thinks I listen to music that sounds like the office coffee machine.

lol yeah that makes me think of the AMA when sean said some guy came by his place to fix something and heard what he was working on and asked something like "do ppl just get high in their rooms and listen to this?" lol

tried searching for the proper quote but couldnt find

Sean Ae, on 04 Nov 2013 - 5:31 PM, said:snapback.png

ExtraLife, on 03 Nov 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:snapback.png

What is the first track you play for people that have never heard you before?

i had a guy round fixing my boiler a couple of years ago when i was doing tac lacora so i played him that cos he was asking
he just said 'who listens to this then? loads of guys sitting in their houses smoking weed?'
and i went 'yeah, pretty much'

Ok so i always love when the normie bystander comments on my music, especially of the Autechre flavor, but this happened this morning and i'm still smiling..

I was pumping gas and had c16 deep tread (fave from elseq, those fuckin twangy snares are just uughhhh) blasting from an open window (apologies, i'm sorta the type that enjoys showing unwilling people what i listen to) and a truck pulled up on the other side, some early 40's white-collar dude

After a while he's like "man what kinda stuff are you playing?" so i laughed and said "oh it is a bit a loud sorry, it's a group called autechre". Then he asks where they're from, such interest catches me off-guard. So i tell him and he's like "it sounds like this kind of techno...club...dark..." and i interjected "yes! It's like death techno, pretty experimental stuff" and he says "yeah i kinda like it"

I told him to look em up, have a good day, and then i left. I'm realizing encounters like this give me some of the purest feelings of joy anymore. He may have gone and listened to the whole album, he may have forgotten the name as soon as i left, but like at least he knows that song exists ya know?

Lmao death techno.  Yeah I'm sure lots of people who like metal would love AE_LIVE and elseq, and even Untilted

I played PlyPhon with my sister in hearing range once and she now thinks I listen to Skrillex, lol, oh god.

Lmao death techno.  Yeah I'm sure lots of people who like metal would love AE_LIVE and elseq, and even Untilted

I played PlyPhon with my sister in hearing range once and she now thinks I listen to Skrillex, lol, oh god.

check this out:

http://www.deathmetal.org/review/autechre-ae_live-2015/

pretty decent review imo