IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

^ lol you mean queen in my empire?

yes, freulaeux but also pendulu casual imo

i agree with maurizio but these bc two tracks somehow radiate through el-seq ...as if i can hear them in the background. 

maybe i can relate bc to l-seq more than maurizio and r&s tracks, cause imo el-seq is their the most ''spacial'' release so far with lots of reverbs, gated and ducked verbs and echos, feels like an outer space, and that's how i feel bc tracks, as related to space while r&s track are also spacial but related to planet earth and coasts, while maurizio are somehow the most related to indoors states... dunno, mostly (not 100%), in essence, something like:

1. maurizio - clubs, metros, halls

2. r&s - open space on earth, coasts

3. bc - space and space travel

4. el-seq - oblivion (movie) type earth, space, orbiting, preparation for space travel

...japan bonus...

5. perlence subrange 6-36 - pure space traveling

Edited by xox

I can see why TBM2 made you think of BC, the delayed stabs in Quadrant Dub I have some sort of resemblance. Mutism also has these randomly chopped noise echoes that are similar to the snare drum mayhem in curvcaten. Ae's remix on Fat Cat is much closer to BC aesthetics.

Personally, both TBM2 with its chord stabs, and the AE_LIVE section starting around the 18' mark, make me think of someone scanning an AM/FM radio, which in turn brings Michel Chion's Dies Irae to mind.

Huone is one of my favouritest tracks of all times. I love 'progressive' tracks where the track builds up layer by layer a la the game Rez - Would love to find more tracks that did that (see also Speedy J - Loudboxer & Richie Hawtin - Closer To The Edit)

• 4 weeks later...

been revisiting this as of late. so much goodness. But I think I can say now, without question, that 5 is my favorite. Love all of them. spTh and spaces how V are just absolutely amazing to me. love the vibe of 5.

Edited by jules

• 4 weeks later...

I was walking around an indoor food market place when c7b2 came on my iPod playlist of 1000 picked tracks (but all of elseq on there) and i've still not listened to the whole collection in full to get any sense of it, just listened to bits. I don't know why I haven't already found a remote place in the middle of nowhere yet and listened to it at ear destroying volume as I fall asleep, which is the way to listen to Autechre I think, besides the art installation idea of a cushioned room of walls that slowly rotate and spin as you bounce everywhere. Anyway, it came on and i had to suppress the urge to laugh, i thought it was the most mental thing i'd heard. And I've had the urge since to listen to it again. I think it has a propulsion too that i get a kick out of. Generally, i don't get that from Autechre anymore, just amazing sounds.

It's probably the most boring name ever given to a track though. They could at least blindly hit the keyboard a few times and see what comes out and go with that. Hang on. gurjfioj. pghuiighnr. egfgiitnnn. werjsi. ekodloool  gnnnj. Then again. Okay, i'll look now. yutkslcand. ibogzeferlepin. enogfelsiom. wkcrosk Bmco. ok thatll do

Is there a poll anywhere with peoples favourite tracks ?

They could at least blindly hit the keyboard a few times and see what comes out and go with that. Hang on. gurjfioj. pghuiighnr. egfgiitnnn. werjsi. ekodloool  gnnnj. Then again. Okay, i'll look now. yutkslcand. ibogzeferlepin. enogfelsiom. wkcrosk Bmco. ok thatll do

this is the Bola method. those are all Bola track names.

It's 2017 and you're all still talking about Autechre having weird song titles.

That said, I listened to most of elseq over a couple days a week or two ago and it wasn't quite as blah as I remembered. Also I was only half paying attention to it so I think that helped a lot, treating it like background ambient basically. At least for me, obviously.

lmao

i made an "elseq favorites" playlist long ago and it's the fucking jam. really amazing work on these tracks. mind blowing at times really.  i got way into it after i made the favs playlist. it's still a lot of tracks but i've found that it sounds like an album after a couple listens.  

lmao

i made an "elseq favorites" playlist long ago and it's the fucking jam. really amazing work on these tracks. mind blowing at times really.  i got way into it after i made the favs playlist. it's still a lot of tracks but i've found that it sounds like an album after a couple listens.  

Maybe this is how it's supposed to be listened to. I should do this. Maybe even multiple playlists.

• 1 month later...

I don't suppose you want to share your playlist there mr ignatius?

aside from feed1 and acdwn2 I just can't get into these releases. I need some playlist magic.

will do asap.. my internet is out at home.. currently at work but will copy paste from itunes asap.