IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

• 1 month later...

Relistening to ely6 onset: oceanic. So fucking good. Do yourself a favor...

This (along with 7 slip) is my favorite track across all of elseq... 

Fucking insane... I love it so much. 

Relistening to ely6 onset: oceanic. So fucking good. Do yourself a favor...

This (along with 7 slip) is my favorite track across all of elseq...

Fucking insane... I love it so much.

Yes! +mesh cinereal + feed1

c16 deep tread followed by eastre were always my elseq standouts, but I do need to revisit following NTS.

previously for me it was;

Elseq1 - adore

Elseq 2 - remove elcy6 (for flow reasons)

Elseq 3 - keep eastre

Elseq 4 - good

Elseq 5 - needs further listening

Elseq 2 exists for the purpose of elcy6 onset... Also: eastr was weak/boring imo (not trolling) #meshcinereal

It took about 6 months for eastre to grow on me, but once it did... it became a standout track. I love it...

Hell... I love all of elseq. Even more so since the NTS sessions... 

Elseq 2 exists for the purpose of elcy6 onset... Also: eastr was weak/boring imo (not trolling) #meshcinereal

I can understand the viewpoint. I'm all about chimer, c7b2 and eastre in 2 & 3.

I can understand the viewpoint. I'm all about chimer, c7b2 and eastre in 2 & 3.
Interesting that those are my least favorite on all of elseq (tho c7b7 is cool)

the sequence of pendulu casual to freulaeux is one of the most intense musical journeys i know, be it from ae's discography or in general. special mention goes to spaces how which is pure magic.

so many other hits tho... 13x0 step got its own thread from yours truly. mesh is so good it's unereaL. acdwn2 an obvious banger.

surprised curvcaten and chimer don't get mentioned more often. in a perfect world those two could spawn whole new genres.

I thought that and feed1 were sort of give-ins

I don't even know what that means.

Don't like... 98% of the people on this board enjoy those two tracks? They're brought up all the time... I just assumed that everyone knew that those two tracks were obvious bangers... 

=P

Sorry... didn't mean to confuse... 

curvcaten is an awesome closer to elseq 1... and chimer 1-5-1 is a great track to throw into the middle of elseq 2... 

I really can't name one track throughout all of elseq and the NTS Sessions that I don't like or haven't clicked with at some point in time... 

Both collections are such great mind-tripping journeys.

Crazy that the duo were able to release 12 hours of music that's this mind-blowingly amazing over the course of 2 years (I know they worked on it for longer than that... but... I highly doubt any other artists out there could have released such a massive collection, that's this fucking great - even if given 10+ years)

Maybe I'm just an obsessed Autechre fanatic... I dunno... 

But all of this blows my mind....

Add in AE_Live and it's even more amazing... 

<deep breath>

So fucking lucky to be alive right now... 

"give-ins" isnt really the correct choice of words. a better one would be "taken as read" but he explained it in another comment so doesnt rly matter 2 much now

"give-ins" isnt really the correct choice of words. a better one would be "taken as read" but he explained it in another comment so doesnt rly matter 2 much now

givens.

Yes, yes, poor spelling and wrong terminology.

I suck.

Sorry to cause such a controversy.

=P

I was listening to feed1 while falling asleep last night and heard some sounds I hadn't noticed previously. Love how AE songs can keep opening up even after years of listening to them.

And I know it's been said (even by me) already, but it's kind of crazy how one's perception of an Autechre album can change quite a bit after they release new material.

I already loved elseq, but after the NTS Sessions, I love it even more. I'm enjoying certain songs more than I did previously... Different sections of songs are standing out... I'm getting attached to different sounds throughout the whole collection of tracks...

<geeking out>

Fuck I love Ribby and Sealy.