IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Card sleeves like that EPs box (and I'm guessing the NTS box) would be ideal, but that would take up a lot more cash and time. The fatbox jewel case was much easier to put together!

Later > earlier

Having given this a much more thorough listen since making my CD box up, I think elseq 1-5 might be my favourite Ae since Tri Repetae. 

tri repetae++ is great
Edited by very honest

Having given this a much more thorough listen since making my CD box up, I think elseq 1-5 might be my favourite Ae since Tri Repetae. 

Aight man, keep us posted

• 4 weeks later...

c16 deep tread followed by eastre were always my elseq standouts, but I do need to revisit following NTS.

previously for me it was;

Elseq1 - adore

Elseq 2 - remove elcy6 (for flow reasons)

Elseq 3 - keep eastre

Elseq 4 - good

Elseq 5 - needs further listening

I apologise, gone back to elcy6 0nset a couple times this week, and my god that takes me places, it does feel like an elseq centerpiece. As a result, Elseq 2 is pretty great as a whole, top 3 for me.

Elseq1-4 to me now is a case of "bangers & mesh" (meme alert!). Still searching for that mesh moment of clarity.

c16 deep tread followed by eastre were always my elseq standouts, but I do need to revisit following NTS.

previously for me it was;

Elseq1 - adore

Elseq 2 - remove elcy6 (for flow reasons)

Elseq 3 - keep eastre

Elseq 4 - good

Elseq 5 - needs further listening

I apologise, gone back to elcy6 0nset a couple times this week, and my god that takes me places, it does feel like an elseq centerpiece. As a result, Elseq 2 is pretty great as a whole, top 3 for me.

Elseq1-4 to me now is a case of "bangers & mesh" (meme alert!). Still searching for that mesh moment of clarity.

You SHOULD be apologizing!!

elseq 2 is the most amazing part of this set!!

And Elcy6 0nset is one of the most amazing pieces of music ever constructed.

=P

Welcome to the 'lovin' it' club.

=D

**to be clear, all of these parts are equally amazing in my mind. 4 is just as great as 2, and 1 is just as amazing as 4 and 5 is completely mind-blowing while 3 is an endless abyss that your mind can just get sucked in to, emerging a changed blob of organic material each and every time those last notes hit... Right before acdwn2 comes blasting through the speakers...

And all pieced together they present this indescribable mass of unstoppable sounds that, once in its grasp, no one can ever escape from.

And I'm off to listen to this album from start to finish yet again.

=D

• 2 weeks later...

Ian Anderson on Instagram...

Linky

Get on it people, let's make this happen

lol of course he wants it, he wants an easy check for some art he already pumped out. Must've seen the numbers on the NTS Sessions sets and thought hm....

Edited by auxien

Ian Anderson on Instagram...

Linky

Get on it people, let's make this happen

no thanks.

____

still undecided if NTS </> elseq overall, hm... kind of an uneven comparison anyway.

lol of course he wants it, he wants an easy check for some art he already pumped out. Must've seen the numbers on the NTS Sessions sets and thought hm....

Ha, was my first thought too, but I'd gladly pay for a physical copy, CD or vinyl.

On the topic of fitting this sort of long tracks to vinyl:  Ive read that 20+m per side will start to compromise sound quality, but then how come albums such as Miles' Get Up With It, Bitches Brew, still sound excellent at 30m/side.  Is it changes in mastering, or DJ use that necessitate wider groove spacing?  Because i dont think the main audience for autechre vinyl are to dj with.  My point being, I would love each elseq on single LP, but can anyone tell me definitevely that it would sound like shit that way?

Edited by Marked x 0ne

I would love each elseq on single LP, but can anyone tell me definitevely that it would sound like shit that way?

elseq is gonna sound like shit no matter what

:trollface:  :duckhunt:  :diablo:  :dadjoke: