Sign in to follow this  
auxien

elseq 1-5

Was formatting the individual track artwork for my player and thought they looked nice overlayed.

cover art for 1through 5 & individual track artwork combined for each.

post-22224-0-89725600-1535656243_thumb.jpg

post-22224-0-08652100-1535656251_thumb.jpg

post-22224-0-74790600-1535656261_thumb.jpg

post-22224-0-82874800-1535656275_thumb.jpg

post-22224-0-20772700-1535656285_thumb.jpg

post-22224-0-89063500-1535656296_thumb.jpg

^^ lush!! I like those more than the actual covers tbh

Looks pretty 70's. Would look nice in browns and oranges.

foldfree casual is so good. What else have I been sleeping on??  :ohmy:

Looks pretty 70's. Would look nice in browns and oranges.

Ha that's what I thought. Like a really nasty pair of curtains in a bedsit in Birmingham, circa 1974.

For the record I like it.

Yeah sweet idea.  If it were a true multiply though, there would be white space where no graphics overlap (plus no border).  I might make the nofrills version later.  Someone else can take the 70´s shag rug version

Remind me a lot some Important Record's covers. Mainly Eleh.

I'm listening to elseq after all that NTS craze and man, it sounds like a pop album compared to the new release. I'm finding a new appreciation for esleq. But that seems to be the classic AE effect.

I'm listening to elseq 4 right now. I'm right in the middle of 7th Slip and I think I've never listened to elseq in the way I just did. I used to think about the music as "big" if that makes sense, maybe meant be be played really loudly in a really large hall or outside. But it also makes a lot of sense to listen to it like jazz, kind of. Those morphing beats are so tactile, you can almost see them coming out of the speakers

That one is a personal favourite of mine... is it even a beat at that point though

elsex

NTS 1-4 is really elsex 6-9

elsex

i thought this was common knowledge

idk, they have different sounds. which is interesting, because both are enormous releases put out within only a couple years of each-other, and both were presumably made on the same set-ups. i've also been enjoying returning to elseq, post-nts, and it's like many or most of the songs would not fit on nts, and many or most nts tracks would not fit on elseq. elseq has like a drier, confined, mechanical feel, and the compositions are more direct. nts tracks have a more advanced sound quality, the compositions are darker and jazzier, and there are some new patches being used.

Edited by very honest

Good post day today:

elseq1.png

elseq2.png

elseq3.png

elseq4.png

GORGEOUSITY!!!!

yep, this is sexy

elsex

i thought this was common knowledge

I meant it as a stupid joke, like:

What if I told you: NTS 1-4 is really elSEX 69   ....   Grade-school humor fail

I don't really see NTS as elseq, just connected and part of the same continuum. It stands on it's own.

Edited by eczem

I don't think that every Ae release is better than the one before it, one after the other, after the other in a simple way so that the absolute newest thing is always the absolute best, but they are do get better and better, which I don't know how many bands you can say that about. I enjoy almost everything they've ever put out, not surprising considering they're my favourite band... But I do think that they've reached such jaw dropping, colossal heights in this decade that it's absolutely fucking staggering. I am fairly certain, that elseq 1-5 is going to remain my favourite of theirs. Oversteps doesn't sound that much like anything else (besides Move of Ten lol), but as far as I'm concerned, elseq expands on some ideas that were only begun to be hinted at on Exai, l-event, and Quaristice (even with all the bonus fun of Quaristice (versions) and the Quadranges).

The fact that some people can't listen to them post LP5 is still so incredibly sad to me. Even worse are those who only like Incunabula and Amber.

Oversteps doesn't sound that much like anything else (besides Move of Ten lol), but as far as I'm concerned, elseq expands on some ideas that were only begun to be hinted at on Exai, l-event, and Quaristice (even with all the bonus fun of Quaristice (versions) and the Quadranges).

The fact that some people can't listen to them post LP5 is still so incredibly sad to me. Even worse are those who only like Incunabula and Amber.

totally! the thing that blew my mind about elseq was definitely how it felt like an expansion of autechreland. it seems like they reached roughly their current 'power level' (i know) in terms of sound design, etc. at the beginning of the 2010s, and since then have mainly just explored its possibilities further and further. expanding outward more than moving forward maybe.

to me lp5 is a more disappointing cutoff than amber lol