Sign in to follow this  
auxien

elseq 1-5

How is it more disappointing? Sonically, maybe? But for me the people who cut off at Amber are especially irksome because it's only the 'chre's second album

yeah that makes sense, those people are just flat out missing out on a bigger chunk of their music. but still. with people who just like incunabula and amber it's like 'ok, it's just that you prefer relatively simple, conventional music and aren't really interested in ae's idiosyncrasies" (not trying to imply that those albums are bad, of course). whereas lp5ers are sort of interested in Ae at their more experimental/idiosyncratic but won't follow the lads' artistic journey very far. it's like someone who doesn't want to go exploring vs someone who sort of wants to but won't go more than 500 feet away from their house.

(anyways that's just my dumb, uncommitted opinion. not trying to personally attack anyone lol)

Edited by tneuvm

I get the feeling the delivery of elseq is the reason some people are stuck on it (ie like everything that came before AND NTS).

Like, maybe their attitudes towards it would be different if it was dropped like Quadrange. elseq 1 released in May, elseq 2 released in June...etc

i hardly touched the elseq's and i feel like i'm missing out, they got too much damn good music

i'v fallen in love more then ever before with confield recently and i got that album like 15 years ago

best fuckin band ever

I get the feeling the delivery of elseq is the reason some people are stuck on it (ie like everything that came before AND NTS).

Like, maybe their attitudes towards it would be different if it was dropped like Quadrange. elseq 1 released in May, elseq 2 released in June...etc

If they just released El seq 4 as a standalone LP people would have jizzed and analysed it in an autistic manner ... the volume of it definitely put people off

best fuckin band ever

ain't it the truth.

best fuckin band ever

ain't it the truth.

best fuckin band ever

ain't it the truth.

I am having in on this

elsex

sorry if jazz...

elyc6 0nset  

he likes sex on set ?

nah I'd say the last part at least is onset, like the onset of a virus/plague

c6 is def an artistic representation of a broken infinity symbol.  The rest is def some letters + a 0.

Arf, my english is so bad sorry

More, I thought set kinda means stage, and imagined one of r&s having sex on stage in the pitch black, lol

idk, they have different sounds. which is interesting, because both are enormous releases put out within only a couple years of each-other, and both were presumably made on the same set-ups. i've also been enjoying returning to elseq, post-nts, and it's like many or most of the songs would not fit on nts, and many or most nts tracks would not fit on elseq. elseq has like a drier, confined, mechanical feel, and the compositions are more direct. nts tracks have a more advanced sound quality, the compositions are darker and jazzier, and there are some new patches being used.

Interesting. I'm still digesting NTS (probably will be doing so for several years), but I prefer Elseq at this point (which I'm still digesting as well). Regarding their different sounds, I remember reading an interview where one of the Autechre guys said that mixing-wise, the AE_Live stuff was more up front (which I assumed he meant in terms of front-to-back depth and gain staging), while with NTS they were trying to do 'deep mixing'. Not 100% sure what that means, but maybe this helps narrow down the sonic differences between the two projects. 

Arf, my english is so bad sorry

More, I thought set kinda means stage, and imagined one of r&s having sex on stage in the pitch black, lol

lol

I happened on a Josef Albers poster today, which led me on to the "Provocative Percussion" LP series that he designed the covers for.

330060-1200x1200-1360109655-primary%20(1

I happened on a Josef Albers poster today, which led me on to the "Provocative Percussion" LP series that he designed the covers for.

:facepalm:

best fuckin band ever

ain't it the truth.

I am having in on this

belts out a john bercow 'Aaayyyyyeee'

?

?

..nahh, I have mistaken the symbol: it seemed to me a thoughtful sir, instead it is a desperate one...

?

..nahh, I have mistaken the symbol: it seemed to me a thoughtful sir, instead it is a desperate one...

iWKad22.jpg

c6 is def an artistic representation of a broken infinity symbol feeling seasick.  The rest is def some letters + a 0.

fixt

cool! not a coincidence, imo!

Best fucking band ever? Hell yeah! And those album covers designed by Josef Albers definitely are reminiscent of the elseq art. Reminds me of how similar some of the art for Quadrange (and individual tracks on Quaristice) were to Kazimir Malevitch and other abstract suprematist types. If you were to paint the elseq art in the style of the Oversteps track artwork, it'd really remind me of Robert Motherwell.

c16 deep tread has me all hyped at work atm

After one year of intense nts sessions listening, i’m Rediscovering with delight elseq 1-5. Man, chimer hit me right in the face, so good !

I love how an ae track can change with the context of new material. Eastre didn’t seem boring at all as I remembered.

Damn bloody me from the past !!

wew