IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

15 hours ago, very honest said:

didnt get the full scope of freulaeux until blasting it on a good car system on a nice summer day.

One of the best track of the whole release IMHO immediately loved it.

17 hours ago, mushroom said:

i wouldnt think of pretty much any autechre track as "summery' but yeah freulaeux mostly fits the bill

I find a lot of it summery, actually. Tri Repete, Chiastic Slide, and Draft 7.30, especially. EP7, LP5, and Oversteps (ironically, considering Sean's AAA response to seasonality), I find most wintry.

It's spelled "summary", not "summery". I'd prefer that you guys stick to a correct spelling. I mean, it's your mother tongue. If there is anything they could teach you guys at school it's the correct spelling of the language that you make use of every single day. But it seems they failed. Maybe they taught you other things like dick sucking, who knows

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

It's spelled "summary", not "summery". I'd prefer that you guys stick to a correct spelling. I mean, it's your mother tongue. If there is anything they could teach you guys at school it's the correct spelling of the language that you make use of every single day. But it seems they failed. Maybe they taught you other things like dick sucking, who knows

? very funny feigned cuntiness and homophobic slurs.

25 minutes ago, bitchroast said:

? very funny feigned cuntiness and homophobic slurs.

Thanks pal. Still working at it. Maybe you can give me some tips on how to enhance my cuntiness? You seem to be good at that specific aptitude ?

3 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

I find a lot of it summery, actually. Tri Repete, Chiastic Slide, and Draft 7.30, especially. EP7, LP5, and Oversteps (ironically, considering Sean's AAA response to seasonality), I find most wintry.

I don’t recall Sean’s response to seasonality, but I’ll be damned if Oversteps is not a fresh coat of snow!

To me most of the early albums and also MoT and Oversteps are pretty summery. Some are though maybe night tracks, like rew(1) is a hot summer night with a red Lamborghini getting assembled and disassembled while it's cruising down the city streets.

• Like 1

Oversteps is more blue sky pastoral to me. Like walking around farms and such. MoT is fairly flexible as far as ae goes, but summer evening is its forte.

Most people in Australia have probably never seen snow, so seasonal seldom goes quite that far down here.

• 1 month later...

Really getting into Elseq these days. Happened sooner than I thought it would. Kind of feels like a continuation of the Quaristice theme. CD 1 and 2 feel like a boiling bucket of radioactive lava, quite evil. So far, it exais more than Exai. There are so many themes, details and layers. This album is a first place contender for me right now, specially because it kind of combines themes from all previous albums and sounds into something.... more accomplished? idk I'm only slowly unpacking, and this post might become obsolete in a couple of days/weeks ?

feed1 is so angry, furious
13x0 step and chimer 1-5-1 has some reprise to Oversteps I think, really good
pendulu hv moda is like having a synth controlled by accordion
curvcaten has a Quaristice ala plyphon feel, but the bass layering is just sick
elyc6 Onset has that signature Ae metric underlying that I love, and the second half goes crazy with the highs
c7b2 again furious, for terrorizing neighborhoods
eastre is this an Ae take on Zoviet France?
TBM2 is proper shit, back to hiphop
acdwn2 feels like a throwback to earlier heavy stuff also in the way it decomposes
foldfree casual is so Vangelis you have no idea, I love it, there's an accent in there that takes right into Blade Runner
latentcall with details and layers again
7th slip !!!!!! fav
pendulu casual !!!!!!!!!!!! more fav
too much. I'll be back.

• Like 5

So much more into Elseq than NTS. 

I tried the other night to listen to NTS 3, I was at breaking point by half time! I know Autechre possess the witchcraft to cast the sonic magic eye, but there are some of their releases I genuinely throughout years of trying do not like (except maybe the odd track). Ep7,  Draft 7.30 and Confield just aren't my cup of tea and NTS seems in the same vein.

I sort of breezed through the Elseq sets, the great tracks are easy to spot, so it's a case of simple editing FLACS and away you go. Some of their best stuff ever here imo.

Hmm yes. My Elseq collection is on flac on my HD portable player, so I just meant 'deleting' the tracks I don't want, so I have just a long horizon of AE mind bombs.

All killer, no filler as one might say.

Edited by beer badger

On 8/15/2019 at 9:22 PM, beer badger said:

Ep7,  Draft 7.30 and Confield just aren't my cup of tea and NTS seems in the same vein.

Ha, I think we must have the opposite taste in Autechre as far as that is possible. EP7 and Draft are possibly my favourites (apart from, uh, loads of other stuff that is also my favourite depending on the day/time/season/what I'm eating/any other variable).

I do feel what you are saying re the length of NTS. I love NTS 3 but giving anything that intense the attention it deserves for 2 straight hours (outside of that first listen on NTS which was incredible) is pretty grueling. Especially since I killed my attention span with my phone.

It's one of the best things about listening to Autechre on vinyl for me - bitesize chunks I can give my entire attention to, then have a little break before further digestion.

16 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

It's one of the best things about listening to Autechre on vinyl for me - bitesize chunks I can give my entire attention to, then have a little break before further digestion.

I can see how your vinyl tactic would work. Lucky I still have my old fashioned attention span still firmly intact, so that's not the issue, some Autechre stuff I just can't get into. Elseq seemed like a breeze. Who knows the AE sonic eye may be cast with NTS sometime in the future.

Yeah as it happens I don't have NTS on vinyl as it was a) bloody expensive and b) seemed a bit absurd given All End's unsuitability for the format.

Elseqs parts seem like the ideal length in a way.

9 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

seemed a bit absurd given All End's unsuitability for the format.

that's why you get 2 copies of the vinyl and get a 2nd turntable and mix all end into all end. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

that's why you get 2 copies of the vinyl and get a 2nd turntable and mix all end into all end. 

Yeah, if anyone had bothered to open their NTS boxset they'd know there's a turntable in there too

• Haha 5