IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

On 9/3/2019 at 5:26 AM, darreichungsform said:

elseq is still the best thing in existence

Agreed. 

I listen to any section of NTS and consider it some of AE's best work.... and then....- THEN -....I throw any part of elseq on and.... every single part of my little pleb mind is completely ripped apart and pieced back together by the otherworldly sounds coming through my never-going-to-be-good-enough-to-fully-present-the-artist's-vision-speakers and I melt into the floor until the only sound I can hear is the low-level hum coming through said speakers after foobar has no more data to read and I open my eyes only to realize that hours have passed and I'm just a lowly mass of worthless cells held together my electromagnetism and clinging to this spinning space rock by fucking gravity and that what I've just heard has left my tiny teeny little clump of whatever brain cells I have remaining are left completely. Fucking. Speechless. 

Fuck me I LOVE this collection of tracks.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I don't have a definite favourite! right now I like latent call and pendulu hv moda

interesting.... those are two of my fav too. ha!

• Burger 1

I've got to be missing something with c7b2 because I've heard quite a few people rate it.

I think it's possibly my all-time least favourite autechre track. I just cannot get on with it all. It even ruins some of the later AE live sets for me.

Autechre are always pushing my mental capacity for understanding and appreciating music. Whenever they release a new album, the previous one suddenly makes a lot more sense and seems less "difficult". So in the last year I've really enjoyed Elseq a lot more, while about half of NTS seems a bit impenetrable to me (and the other half is already my favourite Autechre material ever).

It's really funny to think back when I thought Exai was a mammoth, ultra challenging listen, now it seems pretty easy going ?

9 hours ago, danshoebridge said:

I've got to be missing something with c7b2 because I've heard quite a few people rate it.

I think it's possibly my all-time least favourite autechre track. I just cannot get on with it all. It even ruins some of the later AE live sets for me.

I'm not gonna try to change your mind. Different tastes/opinions, etc.... for different folks. 

=P

I do think it's a little.... head tilting....  that it's your least favorite AE track (really? Out of EVERYTHING?), but <shrug> whatchoogonnado? 

I will say that it took a bit to grow on me - I feel it fits right in with the atmosphere of elseq as a whole. But I'll also say that I don't think it fits very well with the AE_Live material. 

18 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

you are a passionate man!

RE: my passion::

I know that I'm not as passionate as some here on WATMM.... but thank you.

=D

BTW, your music frick'n rocks my socks off.

=D

Edited by Hk47

c16 deep tread has always been my fave, find it very cathartic.

Given it featured fairly prominently on LIVE '15, it might have been overlooked on release by some for feeling more played out or less exotic.

mesh is the only one I don't really care for (still find it indulgent)

Edited by Roo

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2019 at 8:57 PM, mushroom said:

i love freulaeux so much.

This has recently become my new favourite driving track. Especially on the motorway. It makes me feel connected to all the other drivers somehow, like we're all embarking on some grand mission, moving forward in unison and weaving smoothly between lanes, towards the sunset.  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I listened to the first part of elseq and was kinda bored. Sucks too since I love Ae and I really love Exai. Other parts gotta have a track I love right?

no

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I listened to the first part of elseq and was kinda bored. Sucks too since I love Ae and I really love Exai. Other parts gotta have a track I love right?

5 is the best imo

• Like 1