IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Good news is I enjoyed the noisier elseq 2. Even if elyc6 0nset felt a bit too long for me (I’ll get used to it since this was my first ever like Autechre song since Drane2), it sounded pretty cool and makes me think of what live albums would probably be like. ? 

chimer 1-5-1 is my favorite track thus far in the elseq series. I get a kick out of the beat and all the synth touches. The best makes me think of Digging Remedy-era Plaid, as if it were a collab. XD

c7b2 does what elyc6 does, but I prefer it since i love the rhythm to it. Kicks some ass. Look forward to seeing what the next 3 do for me once I get everything else on my todo list cleared up a bit

• 2 weeks later...

Really digging spTh right now, revisiting elseq 5Really digging spTh right now, revisiting elseq 5

• Like 1

I usually don't care all that much about track sequencing, but the progression of elseq is really interesting and evocative. like a journey into the huge central control rooms or engine rooms of some sci fi world (elseq 2 and 3). and then out to the sparse borderlands (elseq 5).

Edited by Guest

They have always been masterful at pacing. They put together an album so expertly. And their long-form stuff like elseq and NTS only exemplify how genius and detail-oriented they are at it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

wtf freulaeux is TOO good

the rave-stabs are more evident here than on other recent tracks- almost sounds like a sample was the starting point?  but then it gets super mangled and processed into alien shapes.  and then the last part of the track launches into ambient space-orbit using the same pieces.  absolutely mental track.

• 3 weeks later...

While I love pretty well everything they've ever released (not always equally, mind you) elseq 1-5 is definitely my favourite album of theirs.

[Temporarily omitting Oversteps and Move of Ten, the run from Quaristice through to and including NTS Sessions is unimpeachable, but then, so is their catalog either way]

• 4 months later...

I was listening to "c7b2" this morning when my nine-year-old walked in, listened for a second and said, "That sounds like farts."

I guess it's time for her to have her own WATMM account. They grow up so fast ... ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

For years I had decided I didn't care for Eastre

After maybe 2 listens I just opted to skip it, and for the past 4 years when going through elseq I would exclusively listen to mesh cinereaL when I got to elseq3. It was a huge issue I had with elseq; my inability to just listen through as i always felt there were tracks I had to skip to get to the gold level stuff

But today after thinking about how I have been more than happy to live in the slow burns on NTS like e0, I went back and gave eastre a try
I can't see what I didn't like about it. I thoroughly enjoyed the listen 
It obviously wasn't the length I took issue with, as there are longer tracks on elseq and NTS that I immediately liked. 

Eastre is definitely one of those right-place right-time kind of listens imo. I found it strangely fitting this past September when the skies were filled with American wildfire haze for days on end. It has a pretty tense atmosphere for a 22 minute listening commitment, but in the post-apocalyptic (or presently apocalyptic?) world of today, it's not so hard to settle into.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Eastre is definitely one of those right-place right-time kind of listens imo. I found it strangely fitting this past September when the skies were filled with American wildfire haze for days on end. It has a pretty tense atmosphere for a 22 minute listening commitment, but in the post-apocalyptic (or presently apocalyptic?) world of today, it's not so hard to settle into.

i'd say pre-apocalyptic

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

listened to Elseq 5 last night and its still the one.

I wonder how much of their trickery is with noise gates? carefree counter dronal is a good example but some of the way that things seem to be gated based on the kick drum in spaces how just knocks my socks off

Will need to add my reply to this release as well as it's possibly my favorite one by them. As opposed to the way I felt back in '16, I see this record as a proper release and not just some "jams", no  idea why I felt that way back then. I still listen to this on a regular basis, it just doesn't seem to get "old". I love playing acdwn2->latentcall. ♥² 

Edited by __f37d1-_
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 10:07 PM, toaoaoad said:

I've been listening to elseq 3 a lot the last few weeks, it really does fit the moment well.

3 remains my favorite installment, and eastre is my favorite track of the whole collection. it's minimal yet so bold, just grabs hold and doesn't let go. deeply engrossing murky doomscape

• 2 weeks later...

7th Slip! Whoaaaaaa ??? Six and a half minutes is too short!

Edited by splesh
  • Like 1