IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Perfect soundtrack for my old school Doom session ha !

Have you basically just said that you haven't really listened to the music because you use it as a background noise for your gaming sessions?

My brain can actually process and properly enjoy both yeah. But describing Autechre as "background noise" just isn't right and you know it as much as me :)

(and, well, Doom is one of those games where you actually don't really have to focus that much lol)

Edited by StocKo

Listened to about a quarter of this so far...seems like they took the best of Exai (irlite, 1 1 is, bladelores, cloudline, etc...) and ran those concepts through their live Max setup, then jammed & edited it all Quaristice-style. Definitely enjoying everything I've heard so far, and there's so much melody and groove... it's overwhelming. I'm just beside myself. So much to absorb. So much lush. Unprecedented.

pendulu hv moda - it's something unreal, it's art of electronic music

Отправлено с моего Lenovo A6010 через Tapatalk

Guest WNS000

Have you basically just said that you haven't really listened to the music because you use it as a background noise for your gaming sessions?

My brain can actually process and properly enjoy both yeah. But describing Autechre as "background noise" just isn't right and you know it as much as me :)

(and, well, Doom is one of those games where you actually don't really have to focus that much lol)

Human brain cannot do multitasking. It just constantly skips between the activities you do at a given time. I have noted your name in my list of people who to not trust in music rating. :rtfm:

4 hours of music was released about 7 hours ago, might should digest it a touch more first before we get too deep into dissecting it. But, ya know, WATMM.

sent using magic space waves

Listened to about a quarter of this so far...seems like they took the best of Exai (irlite, 1 1 is, bladelores, cloudline, etc...) and ran those concepts through their live Max setup, then jammed & edited it all Quaristice-style. Definitely enjoying everything I've heard so far, and there's so much melody and groove... it's overwhelming. I'm just beside myself. So much to absorb. So much lush. Unprecedented.

EUmmc.gif

Human brain cannot do multitasking. It just constantly skips between the activities you do at a given time. I have noted your name in my list of people who to not trust in music rating. :rtfm:

From 1997's Chiastic Slide onwards, Autechre's music has provoked ever more polarised opinions. Naysayers accuse them of abandoning the sleekness of line and engaging depth of their previous work (1995's Tri Repetae in particular is still senn as an IDM primary text) in favour of a hyper-complexity that can become convoluted and inaccessible. "I usually ask people what they do when they sit on a train, look at every single blade of grass that comes past window?" bristles Booth. "That's bogus, that line of conscious appraisal, it's led by previous programming of how to appraise product. Some people are so tied up with the whole issue of understanding - they think you need to understand something in order to like it. People have been programmed by American advertisers and various other cultural forces throughout the 20th century. They feel they have to be rewarded on their terms. The want you to hold the mayo. That's very much where this comes from in my opinion, this idea that 'We're an audience, and we've got various expectations that you're supposed to fulfill'." Neither are they happy with the line of argument that characterises them as white-coat-wearing eggheads conducting sonic experiments in their studio-cum-laboratory. "That's when you get these bogus theories, because they've used one to explain what should be a basic feeling," complains Booth, Brown is slightly more forgiving: "Our music is there to be analysed if you want to," he concedes, "but there are so many events to consume, you shouldn't tie yourself down to worrying about whether one event is material to the one before it. you should let it come at you like a wave, not look at every bit of froth of a wave that breaks on a shore."

Just settling down with this now for the first listen... I'll probably try to take it one or 2 EPs (discs? albums?) at a time, but I know myself and that never works. This will be a LOT of digesting!

uYG9pOU.gif

Edited by crono3

ehhhhh ... just like cleaned-up versions of their live sets, which I already have a billion of? I dunno man. $33 is literally highway robbery imo, but the quality is high. I guess I'd buy if it came out as a physical release

ehhhhh ... just like cleaned-up versions of their live sets, which I already have a billion of? I dunno man. $33 is literally highway robbery imo, but the quality is high. I guess I'd buy if it came out as a physical release

Not if you consider that it's over 4 hours of music... many albums are 45 mins or less and sell for $10 no problem. Personally, I don't care WHAT they charge... new ae is new ae,

From 1997's Chiastic Slide onwards, Autechre's music has provoked ever more polarised opinions. Naysayers accuse them of abandoning the sleekness of line and engaging depth of their previous work (1995's Tri Repetae in particular is still senn as an IDM primary text) in favour of a hyper-complexity that can become convoluted and inaccessible. "I usually ask people what they do when they sit on a train, look at every single blade of grass that comes past window?" bristles Booth. "That's bogus, that line of conscious appraisal, it's led by previous programming of how to appraise product. Some people are so tied up with the whole issue of understanding - they think you need to understand something in order to like it. People have been programmed by American advertisers and various other cultural forces throughout the 20th century. They feel they have to be rewarded on their terms. The want you to hold the mayo. That's very much where this comes from in my opinion, this idea that 'We're an audience, and we've got various expectations that you're supposed to fulfill'." Neither are they happy with the line of argument that characterises them as white-coat-wearing eggheads conducting sonic experiments in their studio-cum-laboratory. "That's when you get these bogus theories, because they've used one to explain what should be a basic feeling," complains Booth, Brown is slightly more forgiving: "Our music is there to be analysed if you want to," he concedes, "but there are so many events to consume, you shouldn't tie yourself down to worrying about whether one event is material to the one before it. you should let it come at you like a wave, not look at every bit of froth of a wave that breaks on a shore."

*hugs spiral*

swap jev with jeb :dadjoke:

Guest WNS000

Yeah right. That is why they create painstakingly complex compositions of interacting elements that sounds like a pure noise to a casual listener. You have to remember they spend a lot of time with their music so it feels natural and not really confusing to them. It is a completely different story for a fresh listener who doesn't have the experience of building the individual bits together.

Sure, you can get general atmosphere of the music or catchy bits when looking at macro only but inevitably, with repeated listens, you will notice the details and when one get the details he/she will write to a thread "I finally get this track!! It's awesome! I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me!". You cannot really rate music after a gaming session because so much of the essential context in the music is lost with such approach. Knowing the exact context of the music is absolutely essential for proper rating because it influences the decisions artists make when creating the music. It is like rating a picture on a puzzle before actually completing it and without seeing it beforehand.

Guest WNS000

Not if you consider that it's over 4 hours of music... many albums are 45 mins or less and sell for $10 no problem. Personally, I don't care WHAT they charge... new ae is new ae,

Just hypothetically speaking (and not dissing Ae because I love them and they are really committed): if you got 4 hours of pink noise for 33 dollars would you base your argument on runtime?

had to take a break, only got to mesh by now but still, at least so far: no, no jammy release like quadrange. autechre's trademark meticulousness is in full effect here. this shit is edited as fuck. jav, don't judge it from snippets, sit through the whole thing, it's an experience. also really like how tracks seem to have a dramatic over-arc connecting each other. i feel it has a certain narrative quality, album feel fo sho. freaking stoked i'm supposed to only be at midpoint by now, it's been such a ride already. this shit is a fucking gift, like really.

edit: yeh there are snippets of live stuff here and there but c16 is the only track really recognizable as being directly extracted from it.

Edited by jaderpansen

Just hypothetically speaking (and not dissing Ae because I love them and they are really committed): if you got 4 hours of pink noise for 33 dollars would you base your argument on runtime?

lol no of course not, but this ain't pink noise

Guest WNS000

had to take a break, only got to mesh by now but still, at least so far: no, no jammy release like quadrange. autechre's trademark meticulousness is in full effect here. this shit is edited as fuck. jav, don't judge it from snippets, sit through the whole thing, it's an experience. also really like how tracks seem to have a dramatic over-arc connecting each other. i feel it has a certain narrative quality, album feel fo sho. freaking stoked i'm supposed to only be ad midpoint by now, it's been such a ride already. this shit is a fucking gift, like really.

Mate, I don't judge the release at all. I haven't heard it properly yet. I just expressed a few things that occurred to me in the context of the release. From what I heard in the previews it contains some incredibly well produced stuff. Will rate the whole context when I get it.

had to take a break, only got to mesh by now but still, at least so far: no, no jammy release like quadrange. autechre's trademark meticulousness is in full effect here. this shit is edited as fuck. jav, don't judge it from snippets, sit through the whole thing, it's an experience. also really like how tracks seem to have a dramatic over-arc connecting each other. i feel it has a certain narrative quality, album feel fo sho. freaking stoked i'm supposed to only be at midpoint by now, it's been such a ride already. this shit is a fucking gift, like really.

edit: yeh there are snippets of live stuff here and there but c16 is the only track really recognizable as being directly extracted from it.

yeah agree, not sure how anyone has been able to completely digest this so quickly to get really opienated, give it a couple of listens over some days to sink in at least

Guest WNS000

lol no of course not, but this ain't pink noise

Sure but if the release contains a 27 minute track that you really dislike then those 27 minutes basically gets reduced to the pink noise, no (I like the pink noise in the background though haha)?

The example of the 27 minute long track was taken from the guy (not remembering the name) who expressed his disappointment with the lack of progression in the track. Not my rating.

Most posts still = jev

Most depressed still = jev

Theory holding true, data backs up hypothesis, will write paper soon

make sure you build in some pls