IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

a lot of the elseq 1 tracks seemed more jammy, but then they go full song almost in elseq 4. it's really amazing. latentcall holy. foldfree casual. acdwn2... what a great collection of whateverthefuck to call it

FUCKING HELL SP INTO SPACES D: .... s - u - b - l - i - m - e !

First I want to say how I absolutelly loved 'spaces how V'. It's incredible how they turned the very best part from the Oversteps Tour (my favourite work from ae) patch into something almost like an orchestra epic. Full of moments of space and increasing complexity... perfect!

yeh man the first half was fucking perfect just now, totally getting the orchestra vibe. sp and this one got a tron thing going.

i like how they've used (what sounds exactly like) microphone recordings of the tracks playing out in a room in some segments of the tracks I've heard. adds a cool extra dimension to the sound, fixes my only criticism of the ae_live 'sound' which is that it could seem a little flat/2d at times. what a beast this thing is though, thought I was spoiled when exai came out... then ae_live... everything I've heard sounds great so far. disc 4 is standing out, but not heard all of them yet. is this counting as a new LP then? also someone commented on fb "Hi Warp, media outlets stating that the new EPs will be released physically via your label. Truth?"

omg

omG

oMG

OMG

OMg

Omg

omg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

Guest WNS000

First I want to say how I absolutelly loved 'spaces how V'. It's incredible how they turned the very best part from the Oversteps Tour (my favourite work from ae) patch into something almost like an orchestra epic. Full of moments of space and increasing complexity... perfect!

Also, Jev, I understand your point about the non-fleshed out tracks and their length without much narrative changes. That is why I was looking a lot to albums like Draft or untilted which bring very detailed narrative these days. But I must say, elseq is tremendously worth the penny, even to these standards. it's certainly more fluid, though. Also, i don't know if i read it somewhere but i remember sean & rob trying to give their answer to low-attention-span culture and all that. And from a musical research standpoint, It's also interesting as something we're not quite used to.

Sorry, you probably misunderstood what I said. I said the non-fleshed out ideas were in the livesets and would love them to get the treatment c16 track got - ie I would love some omitted liveset material to appear in a fleshed-out form on elseq. I am not rating elseq yet as I am stuck with previewing them on the store page.

I agree it is a very interesting material for music producers. I have problems with attention but I always manage to fully concentrate on AE when ready (ie, headphones, no distractions, darkness).

Edited by Jev

omg

omG

oMG

OMG

OMg

Omg

omg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

omgomgomgomg

lamar1_400x400.jpg

Listened to about a quarter of this so far...seems like they took the best of Exai (irlite, 1 1 is, bladelores, cloudline, etc...) and ran those concepts through their live Max setup, then jammed & edited it all Quaristice-style. Definitely enjoying everything I've heard so far, and there's so much melody and groove... it's overwhelming. I'm just beside myself. So much to absorb. So much lush. Unprecedented.

EUmmc.gif

bigsound_anthony_fantano_h_0914_v2.ff0df

I AM GLAD TO BE BESS FRIENSZ come see my record collection of records. let us review all the records on each record, best of friends!

:catrecline:

Also, Jev, I understand your point about the non-fleshed out tracks and their length without much narrative changes. That is why I was looking a lot to albums like Draft or untilted which bring very detailed narrative these days. But I must say, elseq is tremendously worth the penny, even to these standards. it's certainly more fluid, though. Also, i don't know if i read it somewhere but i remember sean & rob trying to give their answer to low-attention-span culture and all that. And from a musical research standpoint, It's also interesting as something we're not quite used to.

Sorry, you probably misunderstood what I said. I said the non-fleshed out ideas were in the livesets and would love them to get the treatment c16 track got - ie I would love some omitted liveset material to appear in a fleshed-out form on elseq. I am not rating elseq yet as I am stuck with previewing them on the store page.

Oh, I understand what you mean now.

But you could consider some patches (more than ideas) being reworked in tracks such as pendulu hv moda and acdwn2... right? (even in the previews it is possible to establish those relationships)

Edited by amad

Guest gregminton

my 2 cents for what it's worth:

1. this is a new album, not edited live shows or eps
  2. it's a long new album broke up into 5 parts. it's a lot of music to give away on iTunes for 10 bucks or streamed on Spotify etc. These guys have bills to pay and likely don't have reg jobs with income other than this.
  3. my assumption was the ae site launched last year was the end of the physical release era for them. I can't imagine that being a profitable model for ae or warp. even major label artist have trouble making money off physical product these days
  4. i could be wrong and vinyl/cd is on the way but digital files make more sense for ae at this point in their career.
  5. part 3, 4, 5 are my fav so far.

we live in glorious ae times that our great grandkids will hear about someday…a great day for all nations.

any real guesses on why warp have been completely silent on this so far? other than the streams.. no release page, no news post, newsletter.. nothing on their facebook, etc.

if it wasn't for the catalogue numbers i'd think this was self-released

Edited by setanor

any real guesses on why warp have been completely silent on this so far? other than the streams.. no release page, no news post, newsletter.. nothing on their facebook, etc.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. There's got to be some reason. Like maybe this well develop into something bigger somehow over the next few days?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. There's got to be some reason. Like maybe this well develop into something bigger somehow over the next few days?

yeah, I somehow feel like this isn't all that's coming

downloaded earlier today. cannot wait to listen when I get the chance. not sure if want to go all out and drop the full five hits all at once or space them out to make the trip last longer. fuq. haven't even listened to all the ae_live stuffer yet.
it truly is a great day to be alive.

danke rob, danke sean.

the sky and the cosmos are one

do any other artists have their own store page like autechre? the _______.bleepstores.com seems unique to autechre.

i do wonder if a lot of this new release isn't just them ringing out their patches extra tight and getting some stuff out of their system so to speak before they hunker down for a while longer to make a "proper" release?

really though.. the idea of direct to fans data dump of new stuff whenever they feel like it kind of does away with typical release cycle.. and 5 EPs make sense with the way these tracks are grouped. even as two long halves of an album it would be strange..

whatever is going on i'm stoked to have new AE to listen to. there's some amazing stuff in here. i'm all for it really. i'd rather go to bleepstores.com than soundcloud.

This isn't even mentioned on Bleep

https://bleep.com/

If this were THE official AE release it would just have an entry on bleep with downloads available but no physical items available. I think this is just like Quaristice versions kind of leading up to an official physical release. Even if it's not I'm still BAEYOND satisfied, but I just don't think it is.

New official LP release from one of Warp's top acts and it's not even mentioned on Bleep? Nah. It's a set of EPs on the side which will be followed up with a main release, that's what I think at least.

Edited by Zeffolia

do any other artists have their own store page like autechre? the _______.bleepstores.com seems unique to autechre.

i do wonder if a lot of this new release isn't just them ringing out their patches extra tight and getting some stuff out of their system so to speak before they hunker down for a while longer to make a "proper" release?

really though.. the idea of direct to fans data dump of new stuff whenever they feel like it kind of does away with typical release cycle.. and 5 EPs make sense with the way these tracks are grouped. even as two long halves of an album it would be strange..

whatever is going on i'm stoked to have new AE to listen to. there's some amazing stuff in here. i'm all for it really. i'd rather go to bleepstores.com than soundcloud.

yeah i agree. i like the directness of it and how quickly it can happen. it still would be nice to get some physical releases of something at some point though. i feel that will happen in time.