IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

This isn't even mentioned on Bleep

https://bleep.com/

If this were THE official AE release it would just have an entry on bleep with downloads available but no physical items available. I think this is just like Quaristice versions kind of leading up to an official physical release. Even if it's not I'm still BAEYOND satisfied, but I just don't think it is.

New official LP release from one of Warp's top acts and it's not even mentioned on Bleep? Nah. It's a set of EPs on the side which will be followed up with a main release, I think at least.

Yeah I think this is what's happening. Autechre isn't the type to release a 4-hour long album with 80% of tracks >10 minutes. Their albums are always very focused and well sequenced. This does not seem like an LP. Oh well, only time will tell. As you say, these 4 hours gives us plenty to chew on whether it is an EP or LP or whatever.

Oh man. This is so good. 13x0 step and pendulu hv moda are so... shit, liberating.

This is the sound of people who have broken free of the shackles of gear.

Sorry I doubted you guys but WHY did you pick c16 deep tread as the preview?? Oh well.

acdwn2 damn.. some juicy stuff in there.

the more i listen the more obvious it is that this stuff just had to happen and get released.

any real guesses on why warp have been completely silent on this so far? other than the streams.. no release page, no news post, newsletter.. nothing on their facebook, etc.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. There's got to be some reason. Like maybe this well develop into something bigger somehow over the next few days?

yeah, I somehow feel like this isn't all that's coming

feel the same about this.... there is nothing about elseq on warp website and twitter ... how come this happen, there should be somethi n g e l s e

I appreciate your constructive input into the debate. I would love to know your opinion on this.

That elseq video from 9 years ago already foreshadowed your party pooping capabilities, your will to destroy someones art and joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NMPx0VE59I

Your mission is hopeless. But you won a nice chick in that video.

Edited by Guest

ya.. the format is pretty interesting in itself... A lot of these tracks are strangely stagnant in their progression, kind of hanging in the air.. but since there is so much time, it's well ok and they have breathing room... Quadrange was kinda similar to this innit, but here everything is even more spread out and bold. On an album, we wouldn't have a crazy track like elyc6 0nset... so lovin this

This feels more cinematic in a non-cheesy way than any other Autechre I'm aware of. When I was saying I wanted to hear more stuff like their last two remixes (Oberman Knocks and Haswell), this is basically it. I love these sprawling jams, yes, lots of breathing room - not in a way that feels wanky or overly indulgent but more allowing things to develop. It gives them a completely different, dreamlike, organic quality.

• Like 1

Finally made it to the end of ep 4. I always like Autechre aesthetically and Exai was top for that, but this is the first time I've had a visceral reaction to Autechre like this in years.

I like short tight composed stuff but personally I also like the whole long form jam vibe. Maybe because I spend so much of my own time tweaking knobs and jamming. This is what self releases on the net are all about, the freedom to do whatever the fuck you want.

Edited by TwiddleBot

I haven't even scratched the surface of this yet, but god damnit the sound design on this stuff is super top notch, especially tracks like pendulu hv moda which just has so much cool shit going on.

I'm very excited about the prospect of repetitive, long form tracks. I've been heading down this path with my 0F.digital stuff as well; getting a release like this is inspiring me to compile all of my recent minimal tech jams for an album full of 15–30 min sprawling pieces.

I like this release schedule. I hadn't even digested AE_LIVE yet and this comes along. I'm impressed that they're so prolific.

Anyone else notice that c7b2 on elseq 2 is EP7 track(s) being digitally mauled? Can't remember off the top of my head but it might be Zeiss Contarex.

seriously guys the second half of journey's dont stop believing is really uplifting

until you hear it in a NYC bar sing-a-long at 2am

This isn't even mentioned on Bleep

https://bleep.com/

If this were THE official AE release it would just have an entry on bleep with downloads available but no physical items available. I think this is just like Quaristice versions kind of leading up to an official physical release. Even if it's not I'm still BAEYOND satisfied, but I just don't think it is.

New official LP release from one of Warp's top acts and it's not even mentioned on Bleep? Nah. It's a set of EPs on the side which will be followed up with a main release, that's what I think at least.

New Ae release June 27th confirmed?

seriously guys the second half of journey's dont stop believing is really uplifting

until you hear it in a NYC bar sing-a-long at 2am

i start those bro

Wasn't there some physical limit for track durations of 22 minutes on 12" vinyl records? A couple of elseq tracks wouldnt even fit on 12" vinyl, unless edited. I think I'm going with the quadrange theory already mentioned. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually meant as their 12th album. And they've basically freed themselves from the idea of releasing physical.

Still confused about the lack of attention (marketing) from Warp though. But I'm guessing this is very much booth/brown taking control of how their work is released. Too bad about the (current) lack of marketing, as I believe the artwork could do well on poster format. With the black blobs morphing into letters that spell autechre, or something. I always feel the artwork for ae albums works better on a bigger format.

straight up elyc6 0nset is a waste of 27 minutes. I hate to be so dismissive, it sounds just like a live jam but there's nothing in there I find interesting at all. Throw that track in the bin.

On my first listen, I liked the track, but it did feel overly long. I think it could have easily been ten minutes instead of thirty. I was definitely more into the first half of the track, but the second half seemed to have much less development. It was just a bunch of glitch noises. I'm curious to see how my opinion will change as I listen to it more.

Feels like hecker's stocha acid zlook, but doesn't get in my head in the same way.

I think I speak for many of us when I say: This is very good.

quite.

seriously, what a fuckload of new music. I can't wait to dig into this properly.