IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

"The physical release will also reportedly be released on double CD and four-LP and it appears to be arriving via Warp"

from here: http://exclaim.ca/music/article/autechre_announce_five-disc_elseq_lp

The whole thing won't fit on a double CD, so it would either need to be missing a few tracks, or have some of them edited down (the 20min+ ones most obviously).

Is this old information regarding Exai?

Guest bitroast

Someone already pointed el=1, seq=2

?

I see a questionmark, but dont understand the question...

I mentioned this a couple pages back. Trying to link elseq to twelb, you can kinda translate el=l=1 and seq= short for second= 2.

It's a bit of a stretch admittedly, but who f-ing cares. If tou want to see a follow-up to exai, elseq definitly fits the shoe, imo. Both in size and naming!

ah yep sorry. that was pretty much my question, "How does el = 1, how doe seq = 2 ?"

Cheers for answering. can see the connection, even if a stretch :^)

"El" means "the" in spanish : this could stand for 1

"Seq" evokes second, in latin langeage, number 2 : this could stand for 2

probably, as far as Autechre, we must stop thinking in terms of "new LP" "ep single" or other: these categories could be outdated ... there is this new space, AE_STORE, and occasionally appears new music. This is the way Autechre is manifested in the world in 2016.

the fact that elseq 1-5 costs so much it makes me hope for elseq 6-10 coming soon, with discounts for those who have already taken the first (like me... so, pls). We can not know how many hours (or how many aeons) of material, they hide in archives. If elseq are jams session, then it has also revolutionized their conception of producing music, and we will have longer pieces of aleatronic, than short fragments full of variations as was the case of Quaristice. And so much material...

anyway... I'm finishing now to download the five chapters.. I think it's wrong to judge this in perspective of a "progression". this is music conceived on the "persistence", not on progression.
I do not think it's a coincidence that they have paid homage the seminal electronics in recent podcast radio: for example, for a first quick listen, I find a certain familiarity with Moebius Tietchens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= vUQF4JURF6A
Will be hard days of work to my ears, those coming
thank you world for this day.

Fuckin amazing. Only listened to elseq 1 so far. Completely mind-blowing stuff, how these guys keep one upping themselves so consistently is just ridiculous. Absolutely love the long form, evolving style, and some of the most alien sounds i've ever heard. Sounds like i'm listening to some huge alien parade lol. The space in the mix is crazy as well, so many different elements all at once and yet everything feels so clear and uncluttered.

i believe "el seq" is what you say in spanish when your mom asks you to mow the lawn but you're busy covering your windows with cardboard so you can listen to ae in complete darkness the way they intended it.

"honey, I asked you to mow the lawn like 2 hours ago!"

"ell seq mi madre! i'm busy "

Edited by Alcofribas

If they are doing physical I imagine it will be on the ae bleepstore, and those that already bought the tracks will have a discount applied..?

also, it surely couldn't fit on either 2xCD or 4xLP. maybe the physical will be like an elseq best picks kinda thing that's more of a typical album/double album length?

Edited by TheTransitionary

If they are doing physical I imagine it will be on the ae bleepstore, and those that already bought the tracks will have a discount applied..?

also, it surely couldn't fit on either 2xCD or 4xLP. maybe the physical will be like an elseq best picks kinda thing that's more of a typical album/double album length?

I will probably make my own CD.

I'm gonna call it elsedit.

All I need to do now is listen to it all loads and figure out what makes the cut.

Hows you bitches pronouncing it to your lower class friends...

else q

el sec

elsk

el seek

soulseek could be the pronounce for those who do not have € 55

... Of course, for me that I spent them, it would be unpleasant news of a physical release....

A1C0 freebase

Hows you bitches pronouncing it to your lower class friends...

else q

el sec

elsk

el seek

ill sick

Guest WNS000

someone mentioned that some file(s) have a glitch or two...

in 13x0 step, at 0:40 and around 0:50 there's something which I'm not sure if it's part of the music or file glitch - what does watmm think?

Personally thinking it's the music just not sure..

It is definitely deliberate. It has rhythmical properties.