IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Guest bitroast

Not talking about the music (seriously i thinks the tracks are the most important event since man walked on the moon : i'm totally loving those tunes) but the price is really expensive for a digital release (compared with bancamp usual prices : see Colundi or KTL archives).

bizarre comparision

1 colundi release = 28 dollars

all 5 elseq releases / 4 hours = 33 dollars

thats 1 colundi album of 16.

the ae asking price is nothing worth worrying over / its a four hour long new autechre album !!!

anyone else wear a condom while listening to this?

me neither.

i mean, not necessarily a condom per se.

Had to insert a pessary as the bass was giving my Chalfonts some considerable gip...

Not talking about the music (seriously i thinks the tracks are the most important event since man walked on the moon : i'm totally loving those tunes) but the price is really expensive for a digital release (compared with bancamp usual prices : see Colundi or KTL archives).

bizarre comparision

1 colundi release = 28 dollars

all 5 elseq releases / 4 hours = 33 dollars

thats 1 colundi album of 16.

the ae asking price is nothing worth worrying over / its a four hour long new autechre album !!!

Well you must be right, i thought the price was less expensive. Anyway, i feel like i'm a merchant in God's temple : talking about money in the context of a miraculous piece of art ! AEMEN...

Jesus_Chasing_the_Merchants_from_the_Tem

yea dunno it's not like millions of people will buy this innit... with the dedicated store, probably most of the proceeds go straight towards simmbob. Even so, I doubt this will afford them golden Aston Martins or anything..

Is all good, be happy to be able to support your fav+ music superheroes directly...

Edited by Guest

From yesterday's listen I felt the same way about spaces how V that someone previously mentioned. Seems to be an epilogue to Nodezsh. Super chill vibezzzz on elseq5.

To add some buzzkill to the discussion, the one I was least into upon yesterday's complete playthrough was elseq3. Would maybe work better if eastre and mesh cinereaL swapped positions? As it is you have 29minute build up to mesh cinereaL.

This was a listen while walking with headphones though, possibly elseq3 is more suited to sat-on-arse listening.

I dunno why but i have a feeling that sam and rod gonna touch a wider audience with this batch of new music

i have to disagree on this one. right from the start feed1 begins with this noisy aggressive alien electronic music. pretty dense stuff for the untrained ear, imo. the slow but aggressive and bitchy hiphop beats seem to remain throughout. and only later some more melodic pieces arrive. but the noise and aggression never seems far away really. the tracklengths are long. prolly too long for wider audiences. there seems to be more detail in the sounds than (ever?) before. but i dont see this drawing in wider audiences. few people will be able to make pleasant emotional connections, imo.

this music seems to be about men creating and taming complex beasts of technology. and i'm in awe with what they have done here. they progressed even a step further from exai, imo. but i don't see this wider audience potential you're seeing. the emotional content seems way too inaccessible. and even moreso than previous work perhaps. i don't think this is a good place to start with getting to know autechre. but i admit i still need to get a better grasp on the music myself to make a fair judgement.

yea that one's a pleaser :catbed:

even so, imagine latentcall being played at a party... most people would leave the room to grab a drink innit

latentcall is such a banger. Dat beat.

Was one of the standout tracks on my first listen too. Badass track. Love it when it seems to be fading out and that beat comes in. 7th slip is pretty awesome too.

Good times.

So just skimming through all the previews I have noticed there is a common property to all those tracks: how they start is usually how they will be all their runtime.

Autechre, most of the time! :D

I dunno why but i have a feeling that sam and rod gonna touch a wider audience with this batch of new music

the reason you don't know why is because it's quite absurd ;P. not that they wouldn't deserve it but imo this is definitely advanced listening... even for dedicated fanbois. the unusal format might make for a ruckus in the media for a while but that's about it... speaking of which: curious what they'll come up with and when... with such a load to digest. "6.8/10 tl;dl."

Edited by jaderpansen

is that the singer of judas priest on your pic ?

ya. about to record stained class.

Robnsean Halford!

kek.

intelligent daft metal ftw.

Edited by jaderpansen

the reason you don't know why is because it's quite absurd ;P. not that they wouldn't deserve it but imo this is definitely advanced listening... even for dedicated fanbois. the unusal format might make for a ruckus in the media for a while but that's about it... speaking of which: curious what they'll come up with and when... with such a load to digest. "6.8/10 tl;dl."

Well usually my friends who are not into Ae say "how can u listen to this allday" lol ? But this time, they were "hmm that track is quiet nice actually"

Maybe they understand the power of Ae now and are future fanbois ? :)

Well usually my friends who are not into Ae say "how can u listen to this allday" lol ? But this time, they were "hmm that track is quiet nice actually"

Maybe they understand the power of Ae now and are future fanbois ? :)

ah well, for ae's sake i hope you're right ;).