IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I dunno why but i have a feeling that sam and rod gonna touch a wider audience with this batch of new music

the reason you don't know why is because it's quite absurd ;P. not that they wouldn't deserve it but imo this is definitely advanced listening... even for dedicated fanbois. the unusal format might make for a ruckus in the media for a while but that's about it... speaking of which: curious what they'll come up with and when... with such a load to digest. "6.8/10 tl;dl."

Well usually my friends who are not into Ae say "how can u listen to this allday" lol ? But this time, they were "hmm that track is quiet nice actually"

Maybe they understand the power of Ae now and are future fanbois ? :)

ah well, for ae's sake i hope you're right ;).

WHAaat , are guys joking ?? Since Exai they gone complety into nerdish music territory and with elseq its even difficult for ae fans to digest that new stuff.

In my opinion they´ve gone completly anti accessible.

Edited by Kavinsky

WHAaat , are guys joking ?? Since Exai they gone complety into nerdish music territory and with elseq its even difficult for ae fans to digest that new stuff.

No

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff. great view, scenery etc. I am with some woman who just got me really baked. she is stunning. I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in. I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

lol

Debbie Downer here,

I was over at sputnik and someone commented on the price. To clarify, $33 dollars for a ton of music seems reasonable. But does anyone know why it costs more and more to buy WAVs and FLAC when you purchase more music? I was looking around bleep and spotted an EP that costs 14% more from mp3 to wav, an album that costs 33% more, and finally this, which is 67% more. Seems kinda fucked up.

It's ok, there's no valid reason to buy anything other than the mp3, so just think of the markup as an idiot-tax and everything's right with the world.

No

yeah no, i found the tracks are really accessible aswell for ae, just go with it and ride the snake

So last night I moved on to elseq 2 after hearing the first one 3 or 4 times... and I'm greeted with elyc6 0nset? Dear god, this is one of the most beautiful things I've heard from ae!! Especially all that craziness near the end... I was just sitting there with a huge stupid smile on my face. I don't even really remember the rest of the EP since I was kinda traumatized (in a good way). Can't wait to dive back into that one today! I wasn't expecting much because I thought ppl here were complaining that it was too long and boring??! How could that be?? :(

So last night I moved on to elseq 2 after hearing the first one 3 or 4 times... and I'm greeted with elyc6 0nset? Dear god, this is one of the most beautiful things I've heard from ae!! Especially all that craziness near the end... I was just sitting there with a huge stupid smile on my face. I don't even really remember the rest of the EP since I was kinda traumatized (in a good way). Can't wait to dive back into that one today! I wasn't expecting much because I thought ppl here were complaining that it was too long and boring??! How could that be?? :(

it's definitely not too long and too boring, maybe too long, and too mental. I've only listened to it twice so far though, and was cooking the second time so it didn't have my full attention, though the end of it is very good and there are loads of nice bits in it. if it had been put on a regular album it would've been edited down massively no doubt.

Edited by caze

I would say just the hugeness and awesomeness of the sounds would lend itself to a broad spectrum of people being able to listen to at least a few of the tracks like feed1. I guess just the form and long running time are less accessible aspects. Also I associate the eps with _9MOTHER9HORSE9EYES9 now. Was reading the story and it's all good

I remember around the time of quaristice that they'd taken massive jams and then edited them down to one hour, then 20 minutes, then 4/5 minutes. Sounds like here, rather than carrying on compressing them they decided to release the longer versions.

Still not quite sure about the 20 minute+ tracks but I'm glad they're out there one way or the other. I might try to put together a few 'fan-edits' at some point for listening convenience, but even then I don't think you could get this amount of music crammed into a normal album length without losing a lot of what makes it great. So although there's a part of me that misses a vinyl release I can't deny that this is the best way to release this stuff.

That said if they decide to release a purple warp 12" with latentcall on it then I'm in.

It's ok, there's no valid reason to buy anything other than the mp3, so just think of the markup as an idiot-tax and everything's right with the world.

I prefer to think of it as voluntarily giving Rabb and Seamus more of my money.

I remember around the time of quaristice that they'd taken massive jams and then edited them down to one hour, then 20 minutes, then 4/5 minutes. Sounds like here, rather than carrying on compressing them they decided to release the longer versions.

Still not quite sure about the 20 minute+ tracks but I'm glad they're out there one way or the other. I might try to put together a few 'fan-edits' at some point for listening convenience, but even then I don't think you could get this amount of music crammed into a normal album length without losing a lot of what makes it great. So although there's a part of me that misses a vinyl release I can't deny that this is the best way to release this stuff.

That said if they decide to release a purple warp 12" with latentcall on it then I'm in.

Well, we could just be getting unprecedented access to the usual jams they eventually turn every album into.

Maybe this is all the stuff that didn't make the grade for Twelb.....

hi everyone.

passively enjoying the forum for a long time, so thanks!

to me this very much feels like an extension of AE_live, using the same set-up or patch or whatever.

ExtendedLiveSEQuences then?

so far i only made it through once with 4 and 5 being early favourites... kinda prefer the more driven/ less noodly AE_live i must say.

might change with repeated listens obv...

Debbie Downer here,

I was over at sputnik and someone commented on the price. To clarify, $33 dollars for a ton of music seems reasonable. But does anyone know why it costs more and more to buy WAVs and FLAC when you purchase more music? I was looking around bleep and spotted an EP that costs 14% more from mp3 to wav, an album that costs 33% more, and finally this, which is 67% more. Seems kinda fucked up.

The FLAC tax. Yeah, despite all the hype among audiophiles there is virtually no discernible difference between 24 bit WAVs and mp3s. I mean, it's real. But it's only slightly realer than the parables of Jesus.

Just copped the MP3s, downloading now.

So it seems they're playing 13x0 step on Japanese radio. It'd be pretty awesome if they actually played every track on different stations all around the world.

Yeah, this was my thought. They could have turned this into a normal album given more time, but they decided not to and just release it as EPs instead or something. That would make sense if they knew that all of this was more or less leftover material or stuff they didn't think they would put on a full LP so they are giving it to us here in full.