IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Spaces how V is nice. I'm liking what I've heard from 4 and 5 more so than what was on the first three parts.

I'll have to get to pendulu/curvcaten and the rest of 2-3 later, but feed1 and the first 3 minutes of c16 blow my mind. I have yet to dig into the last part of c16 which feels kind of silly atm. Also eastre is beautiful and c7b2 is a 'banger.

and yeah good times, lets chill and have fun

Edited by coax

I loved the tracks in the latter part (don't have the names of everything locked down yet) that slowly built up and then in the last few minutes a driving rhythm comes out of nowhere to finish things off, there were two of them I think.

Spaces how V is nice. I'm liking what I've heard from 4 and 5 more so than what was on the first three parts.

I'll have to get to pendulu/curvcaten and the rest of 2-3 later, but feed1 and the first 3 minutes of c16 blow my mind. I have yet to dig into the last part of c16 which feels kind of silly atm. Also eastre is beautiful and c7b2 is a 'banger.

and yeah good times, lets chill and have fun

yeah, those were standouts for me as well. I'm not a big Autechre fan by any means, but when something does resonate with me it's really cool. Theres been quite a few really cool tracks and moments throughout. I think 5 is the best yet. Freulaeux and, currently oneum that I'm listening to are two really cool ways to draw the whole thing to a close.

aaaaaaand it's over.

Enjoyed it more than I was expecting honestly. First impression is a 7/10. Could very well prove to be a grower though. Time well tell.

Will jam again.

Fuck of Herr Jan, learn to read and piss of with your cyber-bullying attitude.

I have never ever written that I don't like the new release. I have stated numerous times that I am not rating it yet as I have not heard it (obviously). I have only said I didn't really felt feed1 whereas I have also said that I enjoyed c16. I have also had enriching exchanges of opinions with fellow AE fans.

Now you at least finally have a reason to ban me cause you couldn't ban me just for my passionate interest in AE's music. Was everything I have written in this thread a senseless bullshit, off-topic spam? I am so tired of this shit. FUCK YOU. You can now ban me, you prick.

Consider taking a break from this thread, I said. Enjoy fresh new Autechre, let it sink in and come back and let us know what you think. It's not obvious someone has such an amount of posts in a new thread about an album he hasn't bothered listening to. I'm definitely not the first one to say this either, so don't act so triggered and suprised.

I haven't said anything about banning you or you breaking the rules, man up.

It was likely just transference. Jev saw people over at 4chan lightin' her up and couldn't lash out or defend herself. You strolled in and called her out and shit got personal.

pendula hv moda makes me feel like I am in aruba on the one side of the island that is just cliffs and stuff. great view, scenery etc. I am with some woman who just got me really baked. she is stunning. I am driving an suv . we get out to take it all in. I slam the door and just keep slamming it cuz the seatbelt is in the way. just keep slamming the door.

lol

I simply analytically enjoy music. There is a content and I want to hear it all if possible (not possible I know). What is wrong with that if the content matters? I am not satisfied hearing macro only. I am satisfied hearing micro and connecting it to macro. That was always the main reason why I enjoyed AE and some Drukqs material so much. Those incredibly detailed compositions with all those mutually interconnected elements creating amazing compositions - therefore creating amazing music, creating a final context. Every single piece of the music matters. If I can hear "mistakes" or stuff I don't like, they are still there and I hear them and that eventually influences my final emotion from the music. I think, guys, you misunderstand what analytical listening means in my context. I have a very good music memory (unfortunately) and once I find out about something I dislike it is there to stay. If there are elements that I can hear, those elements has to be good. Simple as that. What is wrong with it? Are you all listening to the music only on your way to work when sitting in a bus? I am not.

Whoa, this is a really good description. I'm basically the same way.

If macro works for you, that is great. It doesn't work for me. I dislike shallow listening because I hate being disillusioned when I find out about something I dislike in the details (that infamous Surripere part comes to mind instantly)...

Wait, what is the infamous "Surripere" part?

Also, Jev, I'm very curious. What are some specific examples from the Autechre discography where one small detail/part ruined the rest of the song for you? And also what are some parts that you consider really perfect?

Okay sorry I feel I've led the charge in fucking this thread up. Sorry Jev for the negative attention you have recieved. Let's make this about the badass load'a 'techre we've got amirite???

love the emotional eruption in latentcall at around 6 minutes too.

yeah! latentcall, at first, seems a more "traditional" song, then it happens this "storm" around 6, and you go on a journey into the subconscious. The latent cal / artov chain / 7th slip sequence, could be one of the most intense phases of the entire elseq.

Jav, do not disappear, there is also need a radical dissenting voice (so, you), it's fuel for the dialectic ... ok, but... well... maybe give a listen to this elseq... yes

"eastre" on #3 is the farthest I've gotten so far. Really sticks to me for some reason. Sorta reminds me of the soundtrack from Hyper Light Drifter, but with more high-pass filter.

Curious about the reasoning behind the track title tho. Was it recorded on March 27th this year, I wonder?

yeah eastre is a highlight so far, for me; not sure why there are complaints about the length/lack of variation.

This is exactly the kind of autechre release I wanted to hear :D

Edited by modey

Curious about the reasoning behind the track title tho. Was it recorded on March 27th this year, I wonder?

I don't think trying to find an explanation for titles to Autechre tracks will ever prove fruitful.

Although I will say when I first heard "eastre" it felt kinda creepy to me, and the title put the image of Easter Island in my head.

I don't think trying to find an explanation for titles to Autechre tracks will ever prove fruitful.

I agree it's nigh-impossible for most tracks since Quaristice.

yeah eastre is a highlight so far, for me; not sure why there are complaints about the length/lack of variation.

This is exactly the kind of autechre release I wanted to hear :D

I like the track but i don't think it deserves its length. Around the 10 minute mark, i was just waiting for them to change up that melodic phrase backing up the music