IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

1) This album needs to be heard on a big soundsystem. The depth of field (I think accomplished through their reverb tricks) is just astonishing. Headphones didn't do the trick. I mostly listen while driving in my car and that didn't do the trick (other than creating atmosphere) either. Lying on my couch with some wine and weed and just blasting this was the way to go. The interplay being the sheer massiveness of the dynamics and all the details at essentially all times is stunning.

2) More and more of these tracks are clicking for me. Today I played Eastre while driving through a grimy part of LA. Perfect.

3) elseq really does has a new and next level compositional style. From feed1 to oneum there's a basic riff (almost like a drone or pedal) that is then manipulated a new way basically every iteration. I guess that's why it feels jammy. Once you're hooked in to the big picture the subtle variations and everything going on (I hear lots of generative /reflextve percussion and sound effects)... its total immersion / entering a sonic mini universe ala Confield.

yeh obviously this is just leftover material from a night they accidentally left their msps and win audiorecorder running. the real record properly edited and composed is coming when they'll have more time on their hands, on good old vinylcassettes. yeah.

srsly, if they "jammed" this one out they really fucking made it in terms of realtime composing etc...

It just feels like a Quadrange situation. This is stuff that they want to release in a more unedited form. But you're also kinda right, now that I think about it, so I will take some blame in saying some stupid things.

well to be fair AE_LIVE showed just how intelligent their setup is, still this is something else entirely imo. right down to the restraint in certain tracks it feels painstakingly thought out to me. not like quadrange at all actually. on the other hand it'd be cool if you'd turn out to be correct because that'd mean even more ae round the corner ;) ...

1) This album needs to be heard on a big soundsystem.

yup. 3d madness.

3) elseq really does has a new and next level compositional style. From feed1 to oneum there's a basic riff (almost like a drone or pedal) that is then manipulated a new way basically every iteration. I guess that's why it feels jammy. Once you're hooked in to the big picture the subtle variations and everything going on (I hear lots of generative /reflextve percussion and sound effects)... its total immersion / entering a sonic mini universe ala Confield.

yeah. was thinking about basic channel from time to time while doing the elseqs. the beat running like a heartbeat through the entire track while hiss, noise and tonal changes continuously morph around it. it sounds different in the ae world, but the philosophy seems similar, if you know what i mean. most obvious example is freuleaux perhaps - because of the 4-4. it's less dubby than bc, but the similarity is there. in my ears at least.

Guest Chesney

Not impressed by some behaviour in here. I mean fucking hell.

Also, Jev, I get you, you know that. But Lots of people don't. You are doing well by not trying rise to it but Herr's advice was solid. For the sake of twatty tender ae fanboys, maybe listen to it before going into huge detailed responses. Trouble is you expressed a valid opinion based on what you had heard which is fine but because that was picked upon, it spiraled from there and the amount of responses seem to be you trying to defend yourself. But you're triggering people that have heard it and most of them seem to be not reading your posts fully anyway.

This is a thread for appreciating ae and talking about the new release, I believe in the most part everyone including Jev have expressed that, and of course, people have expressed less positive sides which is great, opossing opinions are what make forums interesting, Not stupid spergy bullying. We're all spergy! that's why we're here and listening to insane tech music, we like the detail, the OCD, the introverted world. If the trumped up bullying edgelord side of you starts to take over the lovely sperg side then you need to leave this geeky hole and take up a popular sport.

Anyway, This release is stellar! Not all, of course, some weaker jam tracks but also some insane worked out structures which keep you locked in for the duration. Their audio damaging skill has jumped tenfold, the way they can open up layers of dense sound like it's paper and let you peak underneath at the next layer is something I have not heard before in this way.

*exhales*

Curious about the reasoning behind the track title tho. Was it recorded on March 27th this year, I wonder?

I don't think trying to find an explanation for titles to Autechre tracks will ever prove fruitful.

Although I will say when I first heard "eastre" it felt kinda creepy to me, and the title put the image of Easter Island in my head.

maybe a :zoviet*france: reference?

ZOVIET-FRANCE-EOSTRE-W-75-300x295.jpg

This thread is a bit zany in parts. People thinking this will bring Autechre back into the mainstream? That it's accessible and approachable? Lol, what am I reading. I think you (us?) guys have a skewed perception of reality... there's no way this is anything other than the super imposing to anyone other than the fans. Which is fine by me!

I had my first listen to all 5 yesterday, and my favourite from that play through was probably part 4. I'll be chewing on this release for months to come.

The sound design is out of this world. So rich with details. No one does it like Autechre. That said, I do like the idea of this being the last hurrah for their current set up. I miss the 90's where basically every album had a radically different sound palate, and hope they have one more transformation left in them. Quite a greedy mindset I know, and ultimately I'm just happy that they can seemingly comfortably do whatever the fuck they please.

Final thoughts:

- This is very good

- Can't believe they dropped 4 hours of new music on us, the mad bastards!

curvcaten throughout the entire middle feels like a 3d missingno shape is being materialized and the little worker robots on the left and right are welding it all together. Really stupid comparison but honestly this is all just SO visual for me like I'm high or tripping but I'm actually not, my eyes are just closed. This is drugs.

raf,220x200,075,f,fafafa:ca443f4786.u5.j

Aaaaaaand those synthtopia comments are pathetic.

Guest bitroast

^ aye, check the comments here for example:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/05/21/new-autechre-album-elseq-1-5/

People commenting on synthtopia must be a very special kind of basement dweller, but one would think that the synthesizer nerds there would be more receptive of the 'chre? no way AE is getting more popular again...

jezus.. *burns eyes out*

^ aye, check the comments here for example:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/05/21/new-autechre-album-elseq-1-5/

People commenting on synthtopia must be a very special kind of basement dweller, but one would think that the synthesizer nerds there would be more receptive of the 'chre? no way AE is getting more popular again...

4 all the ae fans out there, dont click on that link or even read the comments unless you want to die of a painfull death.

also i have a feeling that the elseq ep´s are made for the ae fans, no one else seems to enjoy their new stuff except of "us"

Guest Chesney

you gotto remember that while they are very silly comments, they are only opinions. Not to be taken seriously as the people who are talking ARE synth nerds, they basically wank over oberheim jump patches.

you gotto remember that while they are very silly comments, they are only opinions. Not to be taken seriously as the people who are talking ARE synth nerds, they basically wank over oberheim jump patches.

but thats exactly why its weird because they should understand the work & knowledge these kind of musicians but into their music !

i would rather understand if they criticize Avicii or Deadmaus.

Edited by Kavinsky

Guest Chesney

nah, alot of these people are getting old and have already stood still in their music thinking so it's not worth getting weird over. some people keeping listening and finding new stuff as they get old and most people just listen to the music that keeps them rooted in their happy place and the time where they felt at their peak as a person.

nah, alot of these people are getting old and have already stood still in their music thinking so it's not worth getting weird over. some people keeping listening and finding new stuff as they get old and most people just listen to the music that keeps them rooted in their happy place and the time where they felt at their peak as a person.

8c955583f9342ef64dc795fdb170ff86.640x360

that and also, perhaps they never had the right attitude towards "appreciating music" from the start. They might as well be talking about car engines and motorbikes.

Guest bitroast

its so weird and hard to wrap head around. you'd think syro with its gear list on the back and the album being an opportunity for those instruments to get groovy and sing would be right up classic gear heads alley .. i mean, ches is 100% right in that it's just opinions on things that doesnt matter one way or another. but still. v cooorious.