IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Yeah, artov chain is off the hook. it's the one I currently have of re-listen. It's 3rd on my faves list behind acdwn2 and curvcaten.

Curvcaten is my current favourite. Fantastic track!!!!

Buying and listening to these one at a time (I know its more expensive this way, but I can't afford the whole thing at the moment) this way I can really take in each track better. Loving it so far!

Same here ! Doing it the same way I'd watch a tv show, one episode a week !!! the AE_Live were just too much to handle and I never managed to wrap my head around it so...

Exactly!

I was actually just beginning to really dig Exai, which I consider to be their least accessible music yet released barring their pure ambient stuff (perlence subrange 6-36, hafler trio stuff), and now I have these EPs to digest...I should consider myself lucky to have all this awesome music but there's a very small amount of stress involved in having so much choice lol

One thing to keep in mine is that an expert improviser does not play wrong notes. A great long form collective improvisation makes every idea count. Regardless of whether this is all belabored painstakingly sequenced stuff or total free jams has little effect on the artistic content at this point. The 'techre bros are singularly confident in what they do on this record and honestly everything sounds like it has swinging dick swagger.

All true

Oh for fuck's sake!

There I was convincing myself on the basis of previewing the elseq EP's that it was all going to be Untilted-levels of inaccessible (please don't hate me when I say that album is nothing more than eight unbearable ice cream headaches to me), AND that it was just too expensive.

And what happens? I can't get the damn thing off my mind all weekend. I simply couldn't stop thinking about it. Then I read this entire thread and caved yesterday evening.

Good god, this thing is utterly incredible.

In terms of this being accessible / not, my girlfriend, who finds most post-Tri Repetae stuff gives her a headache, is absolutely fine with almost all of this. There are definitely more grooves and melodies to stick on here than we've been used to for a while.

Of course it's still not even a remotely mainstream record in the slightest, its structure alone is enough to put most people off, but I get where people are coming from.

I'm trying to work out the logistics of making a nice box for some CDrs of this.

I dunno man. Post tri rep? Chiastic Slide has heaps of tracks with clear and present melodies, LP5 has a few nice one's, cichli suite, envane, oversteps. Not seeing how this release is any more approachable than many things they have done! Unless it's the textures of the sounds themselves that are inducing these haedaches... in which case there's still many a headache to be had from Elseq!

Oh for fuck's sake!

There I was convincing myself on the basis of previewing the elseq EP's that it was all going to be Untilted-levels of inaccessible (please don't hate me when I say that album is nothing more than eight unbearable ice cream headaches to me), AND that it was just too expensive.

And what happens? I can't get the damn thing off my mind all weekend. I simply couldn't stop thinking about it. Then I read this entire thread and caved yesterday evening.

Good god, this thing is utterly incredible.

Untilted is everything I love about ae. I'm curious what your fav album is?

Yeah I don't get how people are hating on curvcaten, its certainly in the top 3 elseq tracks imo. Sooo good.

feels likes a very 'live' track - could easily be dropped in a live set with its intense moments towards the end of the track

Just heard elseq 4 for the first time.... dear lord, that was epic!

acdwn2 - really gave me an untilted vibe... great start!

foldfree casual - FINALLY something a little more laid back (casual), but they couldn't even keep it chill for a whole song lol

latentcall - what did I just hear? Awesome!! I've been reading that title a lot in this thread and it didn't disappoint

artov chain - short & aggressive... a little gantz graffy. Love it!

7th slip - wooooo!!

This is my favorite set so far FOR SURE!

Edited by crono3

pendulu hv moda

if I could keep only one track and had to return the rest, I would pick pendulu hv moda.

epic ae vibes

Edited by Guest

The second half of elyc6 0nset should've been like...two or three minutes instead of 13

I don't know man, I'm never sick of it by the time it ends. If anything I wish the first half was shorter!

yeah by the time elyc6 0nset gets to the point where it dissolves into tones I'm like "wait, when did this happen?". very hypnotic track.

Yeah I don't get how people are hating on curvcaten, its certainly in the top 3 elseq tracks imo. Sooo good.

Yeah the bassline at the end makes it excellent. It does start kinda crappy though imo..