IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Not only is this release different from anything else they've done, it's different from everything else that's out there. Nothing compares...

That my friend, is the essence of Autechre.

The second half of elyc6 0nset should've been like... non-existent.

guy no, best acid trip i never took

Ae psychedelia to the max.

so hard to go through, keep on just either to one track non stop or going through the 5 in one go...

Listening on headphones mostly, brain going completely nuts on latentcall right now...

I guess only autechre could make accordion sound like the devil...

this been posted yet? sorry if it has

http://www.factmag.com/2016/05/24/autechre-elseq-review/

its a good article actually, except of the typical music journalist sentence calling a new record their"most ambitious release to date".

Edited by Kavinsky

its a good article actually, except of the typical music journalist sentence calling a new record their"most ambitious release to date".

Welp it could be justified this time by Elseq being indeed their most ambitious release to date :cisfor:

Lol, Twells

he runs the label "type" and has released records as "xela."

i believe long lost but not forgotten watmmer "zelah" was originally gonna go w the username "xela" but changed it after finding out about twells' moniker.

please see my "Annals of WATMM" volume IX for further details.

Twelb

First half of the amazing elyc6 0nset has a strong parhelic triangle vibe to me. No elements in common but it puts me in the same headspace.

Guest mrgypsum

fav on 1 is curvcaten when that loud klanging comes on!!!!! so far still digesting 1 moving onto 2 soonish

Ha, that Fact review was fucking great. Maybe AAA has finally rendered obsolete all those meaningless, ill-informed Autechre reviews we got more often than not throughout the 90s and early 00s that had pretty close to nothing to say. I liked his little anecdote about Confield too, although I have been waiting fruitlessly for Oversteps to do this for me for a long time.

I was such a fool to hesitate for a day on this purchase--outstanding work going on here.

While I've still only listened to parts 1-3, mesh cinereaL is so far my favorite

Though from what people have been saying, it sounds like part 4 and 5 are quite the gems

While I've still only listened to parts 1-3, mesh cinereaL is so far my favorite

Though from what people have been saying, it sounds like part 4 and 5 are quite the gems

Oh yes you're in for a treat! Not to hype it up too much, but 4 is my favorite.