IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I love defensive Ae fans get when someone turns round and says actually some of these tracks are a bit wank...

example: TBM2 6 mins beat not going anywhere?[/size]

you sure theyre not trolling?[/size]

this one has a lot of interesting & subtle little details actually..

try headphones

Edited by Guest

A weird effect about Obel's penis is that after a few days, it doesn't seem too long or overwhelming at all.

that vinyl/cd is an inferior and cumbersome format in every way to actually put out your music to the world is not even an question, it's a fact. it's simply a byproduct of music industry preceding internet and becoming sort of a norm. and maybe they themselves have some nostalgic hangups to vinyl and shit because they're in their 40's, but everything about their act says they don't need it (and probably won't return to it).

what people are missing here is how other people listen to music...

when i listen to music i listen on a nice stereo on my sofa with a coffee and a spliff letting the music take over my body and mind..

I look at the artwork (which i think is just as important as the music) and let it tell a story...

If i buy digital i have no artwork unless i stare at a screen, if i want to listen to the highest quality i need some ridiculous DAC attached to my stereo unless i listen on my computer...then i'm not im my fav position.

I totally get that everything is going digital and i need to change my listening habits but when i can buy Kamasi Washington - The Epic on vinyl which is nearly 3 hours long for £25 which has 15 minute tracks etc....I'm like ....i don't get it..

if you are complaining about costs here, a vinyl release of this would be more than 4 or 5 times what the digital vinyls cost and you'd be waiting for 5 months.

you are totally missing the point of what they are doing right now.

that vinyl/cd is an inferior and cumbersome format in every way to actually put out your music to the world is not even an question, it's a fact. it's simply a byproduct of music industry preceding internet and becoming sort of a norm. and maybe they themselves have some nostalgic hangups to vinyl and shit because they're in their 40's, but everything about their act says they don't need it (and probably won't return to it).

no

yawn

anyway. my body is finally ready to receive part 5 now. see you homies on the other side.

maybe they didn't release it on vinyl cause they didn't thnk it was good enough?

just needed the cash?

I take it all back, just got to the end of 13x0 step and it's making sense now lush vibez

you haven't even finished listening to part one and already complain about this release being throwaway material? what gives man?

anyway, yeah 13x0 is just so good. eclectic, in the best possible way. that melody from 3:30 onward is still killing me, i can't remember having such feels from ae since late 90s.

(personally I don't care about physical, haven't bought cd/vinyl in the last 10 years or so... been probably even longer since I've burned anything to a disk, I mean lol? People still have computers which can do that..? seems as backwards as printers to me....)

lol!? a functioning desktop computer, how BACKWARDS of me. I should just chuck it and get an ipad.. love those touch screens!

seriously, i like that all of the elseq mp3s fit on one cd-r, and i can play it on my stereo. CD is still a viable medium, despite your super-advanced mentality

i mean, lol!?

Edited by barbara planar

if i want to listen to the highest quality i need some ridiculous DAC attached to my stereo

uh, do you know how a CD player works?

Yea it's limited to 16bit 44.1khz

:facepalm:

you can't just be stupid with one topic, huh? you have to be stupid in every way it seems, like it's a whole package.

did you by any chance ask yourself why this particular bit depth and sampling rate was chosen as a standard?

So straying even further off-topic, but I don't want to create a whole thread for this. At least one more UK date might be happening some time soon, certainly not confirmed at the moment, but seemingly very likely. Local to me so very excited.

if i want to listen to the highest quality i need some ridiculous DAC attached to my stereo

uh, do you know how a CD player works?

Yea it's limited to 16bit 44.1khz

:facepalm:

you can't just be stupid with one topic, huh? you have to be stupid in every way it seems, like it's a whole package.

did you by any chance ask yourself why this particular bit depth and sampling rate was chosen as a standard?

highest quality of this release is 24bit

so if you want to listen at the highest quality you have to use soem thing that p-lays 24bit files IE not a fucking CD you bellend

(personally I don't care about physical, haven't bought cd/vinyl in the last 10 years or so... been probably even longer since I've burned anything to a disk, I mean lol? People still have computers which can do that..? seems as backwards as printers to me....)

lol!? a functioning desktop computer, how BACKWARDS of me. I should just chuck it and get an ipad.. love those touch screens!

seriously, i like that all of the elseq mp3s fit on one cd-r, and i can play it on my stereo. CD is still a viable medium, despite your super-advanced mentality

i mean, lol!?

egh, don't throw a fit now ok?

yeah I vaguely remember CDs... ;)

gotta say it's been a while since I've seen a desktop computer tho..

not sure where I'd go to buy a pack of CD-Rs tbh...

So straying even further off-topic, but I don't want to create a whole thread for this. At least one more UK date might be happening some time soon, certainly not confirmed at the moment, but seemingly very likely. Local to me so very excited.

some months ago, someone (hi spiral? triachus?) said that saenae dropped into chatmm saying that there would be a tour this year, the legend goes. is all I remember.. could be trollering..? needs clarification..

the idiotic assumption behind this argument is that 24bit wavs contain anything more than 16bit do, and if they do that you can physically perceive that.

So why would Autechre the purveyors of the finest electronic music this century would release it then?

Probably because they record in 24bit and don't want to dither? Or because a good DAC and a massive system can probably work better with a audio format that has a better dynamic range?

So why would Autechre the purveyors of the finest electronic music this century would release it then?

Probably because they record in 24bit and don't want to dither? Or because a good DAC and a massive system can probably work better with a audio format that has a better dynamic range?

dithering doesn't decrease the quality, it increases it. 24 bit only has a better dynamic range in terms of numbers, 16 bit is already more than enough dynamic range for actual human beings. we covered all this back around page 25 or something, it was a thrilling discussion.

dithering doesn't decrease the quality, it increases it. 24 bit only has a better dynamic range in terms of numbers, 16 bit is already more than enough dynamic range for actual human beings. we covered all this back around page 25 or something, it was a thrilling discussion.

Lol