IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

yea that's a questionable rating. i get that he can give a particular release a low rating based on the poor quality of a pressing (he does so for an lp that's just a shit pressing of mp3) but to give a release a 2 star rating bc it's available in 24bit? da fuk?

unless he's suggesting that there's something wrong with the 24bit version, like it's only 22.8 or something...

I saw Stephan Mathieu rate this release with a 2 star out of 5 on discogs, 4 for the stuff and minus 2 coz of "the joke that is 24-bit version". Wonder what he meant (i prefer listening to 128 mp3 since it was my peak days habit and i never move on)

considering he sells his own stuff in 24 bit as well it's probably not about the "humans can't tell difference anyway" thing. anyhow i don't quite get the point, it's like "wagner yeah, 5 points for the music, -3 because he's an antisemite."

Your example isn't really comparable, discogs is the place for finding out about cut quality as much as about music. Sure there could be a Holocaust music lovers site, where they rate nazi loyalty level. Needless to say, rating habits are differ, some are giving 1-stars to the best stuff and don't give much of a fuck, at least Mathieu left a note.

So what's wrong with 24-bit version then? Any non-humans?

He's on same path now. He is going to release 12 CDs of his music and raised 12K euros for it via kickstarter.

I saw Stephan Mathieu rate this release with a 2 star out of 5 on discogs, 4 for the stuff and minus 2 coz of "the joke that is 24-bit version". Wonder what he meant (i prefer listening to 128 mp3 since it was my peak days habit and i never move on)

considering he sells his own stuff in 24 bit as well it's probably not about the "humans can't tell difference anyway" thing. anyhow i don't quite get the point, it's like "wagner yeah, 5 points for the music, -3 because he's an antisemite."

Your example isn't really comparable, discogs is the place for finding out about cut quality as much as about music. Sure there could be a Holocaust music lovers site, where they rate nazi loyalty level. Needless to say, rating habits are differ, some are giving 1-stars to the best stuff and don't give much of a fuck, at least Mathieu left a note.

I also guess he's point that selling 24 bit files more expensive than 16 bit is trickery.

This was posted a couple pages back, friend.

ah! sorry... I'm drowning in the four hours of elseq to notice what was happening around me.

The first acoustic phenomenon capable of bending space-time: today i'm shure that the entire elseq not last more than 13 minutes. every time I hear it gets shorter. I wonder if it has effect even on my aging process.

I also guess he's point that selling 24 bit files more expensive than 16 bit is trickery.

that was my assumption, that he's rating the artist's "greediness" instead of the product, hence the classic (pun semi-intended) example of an influental albeit asshole music person...

ANYWAY

let's return to wanking over elseq! enjoying eastre as i type... it's certainly more of a "stage" than a "scene" track, but it's mix of both which makes this release so epic.

that was my assumption, that he's rating the artist's "greediness" instead of the product, hence the classic (pun semi-intended) example of an influental albeit asshole music person...

ANYWAY

let's return to wanking over elseq! enjoying eastre as i type... it's certainly more of a "stage" than a "scene" track, but it's mix of both which makes this release so epic.

we should all go to discogs and rate his $3,400 release of acetates and gramophones 5 stars for content 1 star for wtf is this $3,000 shitty as old acetate shit?

so I'm converting the wavs to ALAC to use them instead of the MP3s, but the wavs don't come with track-by-track artwork... how do we get the track artwork...? gotta extract from the mp3s...?

lol all ae album artwork has been awful starting with untilted

sorry, this came off as overly dickish. standing by my opinion tho

photo-19870.jpg?_r=1464096330