IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

they're five separate EPs, there's really no obligation to listen to them in order

They are literally numbered sequentially

gotta distinguish them somehow

they're five separate EPs, there's really no obligation to listen to them in order

They are literally numbered sequentially

gotta distinguish them somehow

They could just have different names, or suffixes or something.

I mean, you can purchase any given EP separately. that would point to ae considering each EP as its own thing, would it not?

Edited by mushroom

wish this was on the release

AE_LIVE_DOUR_180715 - Autechre @ 25:25

Lots and lots of those tracks on the live thing didn't make it on to elseq.

Almost as if the finished versions of those tracks were saved for something like an album...

At the risk of beating the dead horse: I can't see why we have a hard time accepting that AE-Live is a new/actual album, considering it's all new material that doesn't appear on any other album.

lol all ae album artwork has been awful starting with untilted

BS quaristive oversteps exai and ae_live are great. l-event I sort of dislike the color scheme though but it's grown on me

Also at the people saying "Anyone who takes drugs to listen to music is a loser who can't appreciate it the right way" ummm you don't know what you're talking about

It's perfectly possible to enjoy both. ;You can have your brain melted by AE completely sober or if you want on an occasion you can drop some acid and melt into your fucking bed and BECOME the music. ;Enter the mental landscape that the music creates in a way deeper than is even slightly possible when sober. ;Hear details you never knew existed after 100 fucking listens. You don't get it unless you've done it but just don't talk shit

That being said I prefer sober listening but psychedelic drug listening is a whole new level

edit: wtf my post just got interlaced with tags

Edited by Zeffolia

Stop replying to mushroom. The gimmick has worn off. He's posting too much and these aren't acute observations.

what the fuck

do you think I'm trying to troll or something...?

A weird effect about this release is that after a few days, it doesn't seem too long or overwhelming at all.

Very true! I find myself wishing there was more, which is pretty crazy after what we were given. After I finish one I look to see which one to put on next and I think, "but I just heard all of these sighing the last day or so"

Also, so no word on mastering? Is anyone else hearing the dullness of these recordings, or am I losing my mind? I'm loving a lot of the release, so I don't mean the tracks are dull but the actual sound of the tracks is very...gray. there's no brightness and the dynamics are weaker than much of their recent work...but very much like the AE_LIVE soundboards, they had that dull mush to them. Someone else has to be hearing this...

I 100% am with you on this.. the release sounds flat, especially compared to past Autechre releases.

If i may put on my audiophile dork hat for a second.. i've listened to this on floor standing KEF speakers and also through Chord Mojo with Ultrasone headphones, i can say for certain this release wasn't mastered in the same way past Autechre releases have been. The sonics of the album are overall flat, nothing jumps out and the highs almost sound clipped.

This takes nothing away from the release for me, i love it and still think its their best in years. I just find it interesting that the mastering came out the way it did.

lol all ae album artwork has been awful starting with untilted

BS quaristive oversteps exai and ae_live are great. l-event I sort of dislike the color scheme though but it's grown on me

I liked Quaristice (beautiful blue & white, plus it was their first to offer individual track artwork) and Oversteps, but Exai was weak for me and L-Event is just disgusting to look at. I'm digging the AE_LIVE and elseq stuff a little more, but it is quite lazy.

Elseq. It landed same day I received some sclerotia. Downloaded the flacs slapped them onto my mp3 player, packed my rucksack, chomped down the sclerotia and headed out on my bike. Along the coast and to the forest. What an experience. Warm sunny weather and a deep blue/purple sundown. Standing atop a museum built into a hillside listening to pendulu hv moda and gliding along back home with 7th slip (the ooh's & ahh's) freulaeux (our friends from frolix 8) and pendulu casual (scoop the rice, sift the rice) were highlights, but it really all meshed together nicely. Real profound pleasure, meditation and movement. Haven't felt this connected with the techre since Oversteps.

Also, so no word on mastering? Is anyone else hearing the dullness of these recordings, or am I losing my mind? I'm loving a lot of the release, so I don't mean the tracks are dull but the actual sound of the tracks is very...gray. there's no brightness and the dynamics are weaker than much of their recent work...but very much like the AE_LIVE soundboards, they had that dull mush to them. Someone else has to be hearing this...

I 100% am with you on this.. the release sounds flat, especially compared to past Autechre releases.

If i may put on my audiophile dork hat for a second.. i've listened to this on floor standing KEF speakers and also through Chord Mojo with Ultrasone headphones, i can say for certain this release wasn't mastered in the same way past Autechre releases have been. The sonics of the album are overall flat, nothing jumps out and the highs almost sound clipped.

This takes nothing away from the release for me, i love it and still think its their best in years. I just find it interesting that the mastering came out the way it did.

why do you think the mastering is to blame for?

I'm not necessarily blaming the mastering, if the sounds aren't there in the master recording it's going to be hard for a mastering tech to bring it up to snuff. But the release does not sound like an Autechre release in terms of clarity or dynamic range.

I'm not necessarily blaming the mastering, if the sounds aren't there in the master recording it's going to be hard for a mastering tech to bring it up to snuff. But the release does not sound like an Autechre release in terms of clarity or dynamic range.

i hear no lack of clarity and dynamics can't be excessive whit so many things going on within a single second of material. it's not a jazz nor folk music.

edit: imho

Edited by xox

I have the same. It somehow lacks, as you wrote, clarity & dynamic range. Interestingly, I had the same feeling with the AE_Live batch...

Nevertheless, great release!

I think it's really clear and sounds amazing. You can put it as loud as you want and it doesn't hurt your ears (or maybe that indicates it's unclear?). It's kind of weird. Idk but I love how it sounds either way I don't see any justification for complaints

I think it's really clear and sounds amazing. You can put it as loud as you want and it doesn't hurt your ears (or maybe that indicates it's unclear?). It's kind of weird. Idk but I love how it sounds either way I don't see any justification for complaints

It's not that its bad quality. It is. Maybe it's the amount reverb they use? Everything seems to be bathed in it. There're a few sharp and crisp sounds and the overall impression, imo, is that the sound is kind of noodley...