gbtr

pom,ptmeve

"Lets go with pom.ptmeve" says Sean.

"Nah, I prefer qweqn 923" says Rob.

Sean sighs, "Lets just finish eating this pizza and decide later"

a.png

b.png

c.png

elcy6 0nset looks nice in a x/y oscilloscope.

the snaps were taken towards the end of the track..

(other ae tracks are good too but mostly because of so much reverb... some of them have neat phasing stuff even without reverb/delay... e.g. y7 from move of ten)

Edited by Guest

if this is aelive extended .. then where's all the acoustic physical modelling sounding folk idm ???

I'm assuming you're talking about the "campfire" chord progression that was clearest near the end of the Krakow set, and processed/modulated to varying degrees in the other sets.

If you listen closely to the beginning of elyc6 0nset, the chords sound really similar, and might even be the same, although they're even more heavily processed than in any of the live sets.

It's kind of awesome that they took this really pretty thing and fucked it nearly beyond recognition until it became a chaotic nightmare :)

Nice Stephan Mathieu comments below this article re: compression of last two Autechre releases...

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2016/05/hours-and-hours-and-hours-of-autechre/

wtf is this article and the production is fantastic in my ears

I'm torn. The production IS fantastic but it also clips the meter continuously with every player I use. If you pull up one of the files in any editor, you can see how clipped it really is. Honestly, this is loudness-war mastering and does their music a disservice. The fact that it still sounds good is probably due to the sheer loudness and obviously Rob and Sean's untouchable skills.

But, selling this at anything higher than 16 bit is pretty ridiculous.

Actually, I take that back. And shouldn't have opened my mouth. My bad.

Looking more closely with a better editor, in fact, I see I was mistaken about the clipping. I know that different systems have difference tolerances, though, so -.1 might clip lower-res meters, etc.

Sorry!

Anyone can see for themselves with a good audio editor and this information as a guide:

https://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb14/articles/loudness-war.htm

Unfortunately, we'll probably never know how an alternative, more sympathetic mastering would sound.

Either way, I'm truly grateful for the music. I've been listening all day and I love it more and more.

Edited by cebec

a.png

b.png

c.png

elcy6 0nset looks nice in a x/y oscilloscope.

the snaps were taken towards the end of the track..

(other ae tracks are good too but mostly because of so much reverb... some of them have neat phasing stuff even without reverb/delay... e.g. y7 from move of

nice

the accordion work is top notch throughout... when did the space accordions develop to this level and focus? Dilankex? elseq bringin some dilankex accordion creature tunnel tour to the elevator vibes...

Alright just listened to this thing front to back. What an amzaing experience.... how nice it would be to have all the EPs on wax....

Elseq definitely has the most nocturnal/nighttime vibe of all ae lps/eps. My fav is still ep1, but that is subject to change