IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Actually this is pretty close although the mood is a lot different:

Don't hear it, i'm generally OK with Actress, but this track is just generic British house of late 90s sorta instagrammed into current fashion.

Now 7th slip really reminds me of All Tomorrow's Linoleum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2QJQlZpSwE

Don't hear it, i'm generally OK with Actress, but this track is just generic British house of late 90s sorta instagrammed into current fashion.

Harsh! I see why you'd think that; I think I'm zeroing in on that droney chorused-out chord in the background. I always thought he was just using house as a structural template for his textural exploration, but now that I try to look at this particular track at the macro level I think you might have a point.

I'm not hearing the All Tomorrow's Linoleum similarity except for the stuttery bits with the wide pitch modulation.

I guess it's pretty par for Autechre for everyone to hear such different stuff in there :)

The last half of elyc6 is now no.1 fave. Too fucking immense for words.

I think you have the halves mixed up...

Booth havles are greta

Harsh! I see why you'd think that; I think I'm zeroing in on that droney chorused-out chord in the background. I always thought he was just using house as a structural template for his textural exploration, but now that I try to look at this particular track at the macro level I think you might have a point.

I'm not hearing the All Tomorrow's Linoleum similarity except for the stuttery bits with the wide pitch modulation.

I guess it's pretty par for Autechre for everyone to hear such different stuff in there :)

i guess whole thing is in umami-melodies that swarming in background drone
Edited by telefunken

Whoa, I had never heard of this song. Thanks for sharing.

So just skimming through all the previews I have noticed there is a common property to all those tracks: how they start is usually how they will be all their runtime.

Dunno if you're still lurking the thread but if so you should definitely try to listen to pendulu hv moda.

feeling some weird middle eastern vibes on elyc6, like being stuck in an opium den with someone doing some furious snake charming. Some of the most bonkers sounds they've done on this track

feeling some weird middle eastern vibes on elyc6, like being stuck in an opium den with someone doing some furious snake charming. Some of the most bonkers sounds they've done on this track

Its a pretty mental track, I was listening to it on the way to work this morning.

I love how that beat builds up over the first part of the track until you get this solid 4/4 kick drum for about 2 bars, then it all disintegrates back down into nothing... then the chaos really kicks in. Then somewhere in amongst it all, the drums sorta surface again.

oneum is a masterful closer, not only to elseq 5 but to the whole thing. I get simmilar vibes from it as I do from VLetrmx21. only oneum is much more visual for me. those high frequencies are just gorgeous.

Guest bitroast

accidentally started listening to elseq 5 the other day with shuffle on ( shuffle was switched on cos i wanted to listen to cheetah afx tracks, then that lead to turning shuffle on and listening to the sounddump traxxx on random ). this discovery lead to me listening to elseq1-5 with shuffle on. nice way to mix things up :^)

^ apologies for lamest post in forum.

DID YOU KNOW u can listen to your music with Shuffle on ?

Wait, six time world snooker champion Steve Davis is an Autechre fan and is doing DJ sets?

http://crackmagazine.net/cracktv/music/steve-davis-at-bloc/

This may appear off topic, but Steve is likely listening to ElSeq at this very moment. Probably ElSeq2.

Edited by iamconsume

Its a pretty mental track, I was listening to it on the way to work this morning.

I love how that beat builds up over the first part of the track until you get this solid 4/4 kick drum for about 2 bars, then it all disintegrates back down into nothing... then the chaos really kicks in. Then somewhere in amongst it all, the drums sorta surface again.

This is the only track of the bunch I've really gotten into so far. Taking it slow. It's great though. I tend to like the more skeletal tracks, like elyc6 and cloudline, where you can really hear everything going on in the background. A lot of the heavier elseq and exai tracks have detail buried under all the bass and percussion and you gotta dig for it, but with this track it's all out in the open and you can hear every little thing.

oneum is a masterful closer, not only to elseq 5 but to the whole thing. I get simmilar vibes from it as I do from VLetrmx21. only oneum is much more visual for me. those high frequencies are just gorgeous.

This. One of my favourite tracks of the whole series. Evocative as fuck.

The last minute of elyc6 sounds like they're using Richard Devine's fancy gear to try and contact the aliens.

they use some interesting "geometric" phase-based synthesis there, not unlike what's used to drive laser animation projectors..

sounds similar too..

The last minute of elyc6 sounds like they're using Richard Devine's fancy gear to try and contact the aliens.

they use some interesting "geometric" phase-based synthesis there, not unlike what's used to drive laser animation projectors..

sounds similar too..

....Anyone run it through an XY scope yet?

sounds similar too..

....Anyone run it through an XY scope yet?

I'm inclined to think it's maybe accidental? You can make some REALLY FUCKING AMAZING LOOKING SHIT on oscilloscopes in xy mode, and that's just kind of standard compared to these things so I assume if AE were really aiming for this they'd do better?

Look: