IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

https://youtu.be/mKPDR7m99EQ?t=8m38s

fantano hinting at possible review?

at least he aknowledged it. i mean i get why he hasn't reviewed it yet.

He's mentioned it a few times before. On twitter, and on one other video. Also if you watch to the end of the video you linked, he explicitly says he doesn't know if he will review it yet, but he might have time during a classics week coming up to fully listen to it.

@jaderpansen: hard to put my finger on it. sometimes something just makes Alco cringe. that was such a something

aye, fair enough. anyway, "this is supposed to be a happy thread, let's not bicker and argue about who embarrassed who".

i think it's safe to say by now that this release henceforth completes my "no1 ae" list to a holy trinity (lp5,draft, elseq). impeccable.

yeah i can't really comprehend how amazing this is. i love it so much and i've barely scratched the surface. i find myself genuinely wondering how music this amazing is possible.

He's mentioned it a few times before. On twitter, and on one other video. Also if you watch to the end of the video you linked, he explicitly says he doesn't know if he will review it yet, but he might have time during a classics week coming up to fully listen to it.

yeah, I did see the end. didn't know his other mentionings of it however.

i loving elseq so much, this is a dream, best band ever!!!

theneedledrop aka Anthony Fantano has just uploaded a preview of the highly anticipated elseq review

lol

I don't even remotely understand the complaints about lacking melody

Every snippet you can choose from elseq contains hummable melodies. I mean am I missing something here or hearing things that don't exist? There's all melody, this could all be played (albeit losing important timbral details) on a piano with lots of time spent transcribing it. Lacking melody? What?

This week at work I ain't been able to sit at my desk and listen to the headphones too much so I've been getting tracks stuck in my head, tracks I've listened to the previous night and are in the subconscious. First thing I do when I get home is try to find the track in my head, but I have no idea what its called or what elseq chunk it's from. So I end up immersed in the whole thing, and forget the track I was looking to begin with. And so the weekday cycle continues.

Yeah Fantano, think I heard about him here on watmm, around the time he reviewed Exai I guess.

Will be watching his exaggerated face forming opinions on Elseq too, it's just irresistible.

Guest bitroast

Part 1 sounds flawless upon repeated listens. You just listen to it all the way through.

pendulu hv moda is one of my fav tracks of the whole bunch. so lush !!! :^)

I'm probably the only person on WATMM that feels this way, but the AE live stuff is more for me. I'm enjoying tracks off the Elseq1-5 releases but overall the live stuff is more for me.

It's more accessible I guess. I find it difficult to get into really long sporadic tracks, that's all. Not slagging the releases, there are some gems on here for sure.

Maybe over time I'll change my mind.

I'm probably the only person on WATMM that feels this way, but the AE live stuff is more for me. I'm enjoying tracks off the Elseq1-5 releases but overall the live stuff is more for me.

It's more accessible I guess. I find it difficult to get into really long sporadic tracks, that's all. Not slagging the releases, there are some gems on here for sure.

Maybe over time I'll change my mind.

since elseq came out ive been listening to ae_live a bunch. digging elseq plenty, its like i dont want to get behind or something.

theres so much to still unlock or whatever. krakow makes me suspect owdegger snuck in an hour long composition, standing behind their gear watching the crowd listen to it for the first time. the beginning section, the first 10 minutes or something, i dont see how any of that could be improv, it's so intricate, layered, perfect, and demonstrative of masterful composition.

Edited by very honest