IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

There is a review of elseq in the newest The Wire (386, July 2016) by Derek Walmsley. Really brilliant piece with good quotes: ' elseq can be as dense as 2013's Exai, as gently reflective as 2010's Oversteps, and as obsessively detailed as 2001's Confield' (quite fitting but it doesn't say much)

or

"'eastre' explores a hypnotic melodic figure, which shudders into shape as it from a twang and groan of lift cables, for 22 minutes, at the end of which you're uncertain whether the music has changed or you have'.

Go and grab it!

"at the end of which you're uncertain whether music has changed or you have" he put it in good words, that's what this whole release is about.

Am I the only one who calls it else-cue?

I started with el-sek, but now just go with the cue as well. But more like el-seh-cue. I won't make a youtube about it though (owdicker)..

Well since technically there is elseq 1, elseq 2, etc., I called them elseqs which of course sounds like elsex which I think is a reference to El Sex, a mythical city in the deepest deserts of Mexico which is full of lots of the sex being had.

Well since technically there is elseq 1, elseq 2, etc., I called them elseqs which of course sounds like elsex which I think is a reference to El Sex, a mythical city in the deepest deserts of Mexico which is full of lots of the sex being had.

That's a good point. Has anyone else noticed the Mayan influenced melodies?

looks like jev's left watmm and moved on to reviewing stuff on discogs

Cardia1June 15, 2016
edited 4 days ago
referencing elseq 1–5, 21xFile, WAV, 24b, WARP512

This last Album is one of the less interesting by Autechre, nevertheless its satisfying. Starting with Elseq 1, there's this track that i dislike called "C16 deep tread" its distressing and i can't understand it, as opposite my favorite track on Elseq 1 is "Pendulu hv moda" and i also like alot "13x0 step". Moving to Elseq 2, this one is the less interesting elseq part. The first track "elyc6 Onset" is too long , besides there isn't much going on with this track, it reminds me a music that was made a couple years ago for a unofficial quake 3 arena used on a spaceship with the CPU out of control, the second track "chimer 1-5-1" is my favorite of Elseq 2, the third track "c7B2" is somehow aggressive and long. going to Elseq 3, this part has two long tracks which can be monotonous at some point despite their beautiful melodies, track "TBM 2" is my favorite of Elseq 3, it sounds like Loess, and the track is not long. Now Elseq 4 is my favorite part of this Album. "Latencall" is my favourite track of the whole Album, it sounds like a fusion between Aphex twin, Autechre and Loess. I also like the rest of the tracks, but "Accdwn 2" is too long and a bit boring. last but not the least Elseq 5 is also a satisfying part, my favorite track is "Freulauex" the rest of the tracks are good but not outstanding. if i don't give a higher rating to this Album its because it wasn't released in CD format , and also because there should have been a better selection of the tracks included on Elseq, its better to have few outstanding musics than alot of musics and find among them ordinary tracks. Thank you torrent for giving me this Album for free. I don't support digital.