IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Yeah, got it from AE_STORE this arvo. Invest now, Spiral. Before it's too late.

I did this because the Quaristice steelcase thing still haunts me.

Edited by Schlitze

Yeah, great post AE35unit. I'm finding part5 different from the rest but I don't know if that's cos I waited so long to hear it after the other tracks which I listened to as a bunch, repeatedly. Listening habits dictate appreciation? 5 was isolated. sPth was the one I got into instantly. I'm gonna have to spend some time with the other tracks on 5.

Also, after much deliberation I bought that poster today :facepalm:Arrives tomorrow via DPD. I am the artwork

Yeah, I feel like elseq 5 is different from the rest, too. It's currently my least appreciated just cuz it seems so diff from the rest and I'm really into the rest. Like more minimal...idk. I'm sure it will change.

Still...as a grown-up, spending $80 on a poster is not that outrageous.

Yeah, pretty happy with it, don't regret buying it although I did take a long time to decide. A release of this quality needs showcasing on the walls.

DSC_0001.jpg

Just scouring amazon for a descent 70x50 clip frame to put it in. Wonder what frames the others ended ended up in, or if anyone just stuck some blue tack on and postered it.

What's that 86-16 at the bottom?

Shit, oh yeah. I thought they might have done a number on it so you know which one of the batch you got like my Alien extended cut poster,

DSC_0002.jpg

damn, that does actually look kinda cool. I have such a design boner for debossed text. It's probably a good thing nobody lets me be a real graphic designer because pretty much all of my stuff would use no visible ink, only spot varnish, diecutting and em/debossing.

Still have no fucking clue what to think about this release overall. I think ultimately it'll be kind of like Exai for me - a few tracks I absolutely love, a few I just can't get into, and lots somewhere in between.

feed1 reminds me of Fleure - an opener that seems designed to repel the weak and timid. I don't really like either track but at least Fleure has that lovely atmospheric outro to kind of redeem it. Feed1 I just feels pointlessly abrasive. I like the rest of elseq 1, especially c16, but fuck feed1.

Guest bitroast

damn, that does actually look kinda cool. I have such a design boner for debossed text. It's probably a good thing nobody lets me be a real graphic designer because pretty much all of my stuff would use no visible ink, only spot varnish, diecutting and em/debossing.

possibly the closest thing to elseq physical release ... *must .. not purchase*

Still have no fucking clue what to think about this release overall. I think ultimately it'll be kind of like Exai for me - a few tracks I absolutely love, a few I just can't get into, and lots somewhere in between.

feed1 reminds me of Fleure - an opener that seems designed to repel the weak and timid. I don't really like either track but at least Fleure has that lovely atmospheric outro to kind of redeem it. Feed1 I just feels pointlessly abrasive. I like the rest of elseq 1, especially c16, but fuck feed1.

"feed1" is already one of my all time Autechre songs. It may not work for you, but it does for me, and I can tell you with confidence it is not just pointlessly abrasive.

I'd say there's an element of that in those tracks, pushing the heavy/fast/rough up at the gate, but it serves almost as a palate cleanser as much as a repellant imo. But I like feed1 and FLeure both quite a lot, feed1 is the one of the best tracks on elseq to me. Gimme that grit.

Listend through elseq 1 - 5 in one run and made this:

attachicon.giflvl66_boss_ach.png

Looks very ancient

Shit, oh yeah. I thought they might have done a number on it so you know which one of the batch you got like my Alien extended cut poster,

I think the first 50 ordered through TDR itself have a number and signature from them. I'm in US and haven't received mine yet but will confirm.

Yeah, pretty happy with it, don't regret buying it although I did take a long time to decide. A release of this quality needs showcasing on the walls.

DSC_0001.jpg

Just scouring amazon for a descent 70x50 clip frame to put it in. Wonder what frames the others ended ended up in, or if anyone just stuck some blue tack on and postered it.

What's that 86-16 at the bottom?

arrrglmpfglrx....... on the brink of caving in before they're gone... kinda surpised they're actually going that fast considering tdr's apparently still sitting on aevstdr14 prints. would you mind posting maybe just one more pic for an impression of the scale to push me over the edge? :3

I know I'm in the extreme, extreme minority here but the elseq eps are in general, not for me.

At least not yet.

I much prefer the AE live stuff.

Very brave Stephen, bet that took some guts to post :happy: