IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit down and listen to music without doing anything else. Even when I'm at home I'm too busy to only do one thing at a time. Similarly, I personally don't consider cooking, cleaning, public transport, even things like pd patching or the more repetitive stuff I do at work a distraction. I often tune out my work and concentrate more on the music anyway..

Guest WNS000

I can't remember the last time I was able to just sit down and listen to music without doing anything else. Even when I'm at home I'm too busy to only do one thing at a time. Similarly, I personally don't consider cooking, cleaning, public transport, even things like pd patching or the more repetitive stuff I do at work a distraction. I often tune out my work and concentrate more on the music anyway..

What is distraction and what is not is decided by actually measuring the brain reactions. It is scientifically proven that multitasking simply does not happen with the human brain.

Anyway, it is unfortunate that the you are so busy. The best time for me to listen to music carefully is in bed with my headphones on. Darkness and quietness of night is great for listening provided you don't fall asleep or lose concentration. Listening to great music for me has effect similar to sitting in front of a computer so I don't fall asleep.

Listening to great music for me has effect similar to sitting in front of a computer so I don't fall asleep.

For me it has effect similar to transcending space and time but to each his own-- sitting at a monitor trying to stay awake also sounds real fun

At least it keeps you from accidentally enjoying a subjectively mediocre track

For me it has effect similar to transcending space and time but to each his own-- sitting at a monitor trying to stay awake also sounds real fun

:ok: Fuck off lol

***just-free-association-thinking*** :whistling:

it's impossible to really understand music for those whose mind operates at the level of high-end concreteness (''reasons like a prepsychotic person'')

Guest bitroast

somebody rap over TBM2 and post it up. pls?

ok

attachicon.gifwtbm.mp3

awesome thank you !!!

i imagine this is how the chre intended for TBM2 to be listened but simply didn't have the rights. will replace my elseq files accordingly :)

Guest WNS000

Listening to great music for me has effect similar to sitting in front of a computer so I don't fall asleep.

OK, for the less informed of you.

Computer monitor radiates blue light. Blue light prevents you from feeling tired. That is why it is so easy to stay awake when doing anything at least a bit fun on a computer. It was obviously just a comparison that it is hard for me to fall asleep when listening to music - my brain simply stays awake until the music stops. Come on.

I also said in conversation with you that:

Ok good I understand the but what does all the testing get you in the end? Do you enjoy it more that way or just allows you to know which music you truly like better?

OK, so what I get from such listening. If the music is real quality, I usually get a huge emotional experience (sometimes worth crying or even screaming in euphoria). Some of the highly concentrated experiences can be pretty intense. Some long classical pieces are extremely moving.

So please, don't try to make an idiot from me ;-)

Also, you can not accidentally enjoy a mediocre track. At the moment of enjoying it it is simply not a mediocre track. It becomes mediocre when you actually get all the necessary info making it so. You can also perfectly enjoy parts of a mediocre track that are not mediocre. I mean... what are you trying to say?

Edited by WNS000

Guest WNS000

it's impossible to really understand music for those whose mind operates at the level of high-end concreteness (''reasons like a prepsychotic person'')

1) to comment something you have to know the full context (read all of my posts on this topic in the recent days)

2) does euphoria and other emotionally intense experiences when you completely lose your shit sound to you like "high-end concreteness"?

3) by careful listening you actually let yourself experience very deep emotions that would otherwise be missed because you wouldn't have all the information there is that creates the full listening context (you would know if you actually tried) - music is just an information in some form, remember.

hopefully it's up to jev standards now, it's not as repetitive as it used to be, that's for sure

So you actually tried checking TBM2 like that, mate??

Guest WNS000

:cisfor:

Sorry, modey, I am genuinely interested to read your thoughts on this. So I am bumping this:

hopefully it's up to jev standards now, it's not as repetitive as it used to be, that's for sure

So you actually tried checking TBM2 like that, mate??

OK, for the less informed of you.

Computer monitor radiates blue light. Blue light prevents you from feeling tired. That is why it is so easy to stay awake when doing anything at least a bit fun on a computer. It was obviously just a comparison that it is hard for me to fall asleep when listening to music - my brain simply stays awake until the music stops. Come on.

Also, you can not accidentally enjoy a mediocre track. At the moment of enjoying it it is simply not a mediocre track. It becomes mediocre when you actually get all the necessary info making it so. You can also perfectly enjoy parts of a mediocre track that are not mediocre. I mean... what are you trying to say?

I was just kidding about the monitor thing, I knew that couldn't possibly be what you meant but you wrote such a hilariously wierd sentence that I couldn't resist, but I also didn't get what you meant until you explained it

The mediocre thing was adding to the joke but I was also pointing out that if you happen to enjoy something while doing something else doesn't make it less valid, so why worry about all the concentration or whether something is enjoyable while driving - sometimes that kind of focus is good but to your own point you said that you'd have to explain that "this track is good while driving a car", but in the same way you now have to say "this track is good with eyes closed in full concentration" which is not going to be how most people listen 80% of the time, unless you rarely do anything else so you can always focus, or you only rarely listen to music when the setting is perfect

If someone has an aversion that type of setting they'll be rating all music as less enjoyable, so while it may help you with your ratings, i don't think it makes sense to ask whether someone really enjoys TBM2 while free of all distractions, which is what kicked off this discussion - if you can enjoy something with distractions there's a pretty good chance you'll like it without distractions - it's slightly condescending to say "yes but are you sure you enjoyed it, you probably didn't, it's just because you were looking at something cool or being in too good a mood"

Most of the time I think it's harder to enjoy something fully while you're distracted because you can miss many of the elements that make it so great, I would guess that TBM2 is less enjoyable while distracted as you might just notice the main beat and not the subtle elements of it

I have no right to question the musical judgement of anyone, especially someone who likes Autechre, (pretty hard to find in the real world), I'm just wondering if you could appreciate some tough listens more if you relaxed some of your stipulations - you already made it over the hump of liking Autechre so why be so quick to judge at this point? Most people think Autechre is ridiculous and can only be enjoyed with extreme drug use but we know otherwise, gut reactions sometimes need to be pushed aside before we can truly decide if we like something - it often takes time to decide whether something is terrible, or simply so ahead of it's time that we're unprepared to appreciate it :) TBM2 and Elseq in general could be either one, but at least we can agree that they're pushing the envelope

2) does euphoria and other emotionally intense experiences when you completely lose your shit sound to you like "high-end concreteness"?

are you euphoric while you're posting here on watmm too?