IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Guest WNS000

I only listen to this music without distraction and when I am in an identical psychological state. Having thoughts is too distracting from the music so I up my olanzapine dose for a few days whenever I plan on listening to Autechre

lol

beating a dead horse, but i'll often pick up on things in music that I otherwise am not receptive to (listening intently), while engaged in other activities. Driving is a good example, as it can be very relaxing -- it calms the mind (I don't have a car, but used to drive a lot)

nowadays, I cherish opportunities to drive around and listen to music, as it's one of my favorite ways to engage with it.. the act of driving is a release, a sort of mild catharsis (not in stressful situations, obv.), and music is the perfect compliment to it. finally warming up to elyc6 0nset... it's a wonderful thing

After the 15th time playing this through, I've decided that it's a metallic time travel novel. Sometimes time slows way down (eastre) and sometimes time seems to jump and sputter and quicken. It's a long beautiful dance with time.

Guest WNS000

"feed1" has really opened up for me. I can finally orientate myself in the track and feel the subtle, yet significant progressions. Really cool track. Probably my 3rd favourite atm. The whole elseq1 is worthwhile to me.

On the other hand, "foldfree casual" is still awfully boring and "random" to my ears. It leads nowhere. The beat in the end is so underwhelming. It does not help that I am no really a big fan of the sound design in the track. Too cold and too much reverb in such context for my ears. Can change in the future of course.

I thought foldfree casual was one of the trippiest things they've done in years.. that morphing scraping granular sound reminds me of lsd auditory hallucinations

there were some tracks that i jelled with right away but can say that after listening all the way through a few times and several times to big chunks of it that it all really jells after a while.

the personality of it as a whole comes through a bit more now. it's really great to listen to if you have some house chores to do or something like painting a room. yesterday i pressure washed the house/walkway/patio and it took quite a while so i was nicely transported out of the menial tedious task of it into a digital autechre weirdness headspace for most of that time.

Does the word "elseq" mean anything in any language or is it gibberish?

Think earlier in the thread someone suggested its could stand for Edited Live SEQuences, which seems plausible.

Either a discontinued equaliser module, the E15 EQ, by BAE.

Or a pun on programming conditional statements i.e.

if( /* this thing happens */ ){
// do something
}else{
eq( /* this much */ );
}
Edited by IOS

Or el/L being the twelfth letter of the alphabet, ie this being the 12th release, and there are a sequence of albums for it. (That was probably already mentioned and I'm just too lazy to check)

Guest WNS000

Lol at listening to El seq whilst operating a pressure washer .. How does that feel WNS

lol, I was just thinking the same while reading his post

It feels... well, I won't trust his reviews in the future, that is for sure :catrecline:

Lol at listening to El seq whilst operating a pressure washer .. How does that feel WNS

It feels... well, I won't trust his reviews in the future, that is for sure :catrecline:

i have etymotic er4 in ear ear buds so they block out about 28 db of outside noise. like wearing good ear plugs with headphones in them. i love them great on planes or anywhere. makes the music feel like it's inside my head.

also, my pressure washer is a dinky little thing so isn't an air compressor type thing.

Guest WNS000

i have etymotic er4 in ear ear buds so they block out about 28 db of outside noise.

I was thinking about getting inears too but I am paranoid about what would happen if I forgot to decrease the volume on my portable player after listening on different headphones (I switch them often) and then blasting the inears super loud in the ear canal, or if a youtube audio glitch suddenly happened...

I would love for headphones to have integrated limiter by default (similar to BBC standards for their employees).

Edited by WNS000

i have etymotic er4 in ear ear buds so they block out about 28 db of outside noise.

I was thinking about getting inears too but I am paranoid about what would happen if I forgot to decrease the volume on my portable player after listening on different headphones (I switch them often) and then blasting the inears super loud in the ear canal, or if a youtube audio glitch suddenly happened...

I would love for headphones to have integrated limiter by default (similar to BBC standards for their employees).

no big deal. they aren't that loud. these aren't in ear monitors for stage like singers use. they're just good headphones inside an ear plug. i've used them for more than 10 years. they just came out w/a slightly improved version.. info here

https://www.headphone.com/products/etymotic-er-4sr-studio-reference-earphone

you can find them cheaper some times on amazon etc but headphone.com has good reviews and is good for research. they trash headphones in reviews and will stop carrying them if they really don't like them.. but leave the review up. points for honesty.

Guest WNS000

Everything can be too loud in a pretty much sealed ear canal. I would love the noise insulation though.

Everything can be too loud in a pretty much sealed ear canal. I would love the noise insulation though.

yeah. these aren't 'sealed' really. just attenuate outside noise. i use these headphones for everything so the volume on my ipod lives in pretty much the same place all the time. it's easy to remember to check the volume before pressing play which is what i do before i press play on anything ever regardless of what it's plugged into ;)