IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

acdwn2 is my top track. I get a vague nostalgic vibe from it for some reason. Maybe it reminds me of music from more obscure SNES titles. Also makes me think of dashing thru a tropical rain forest.

finally warming up to this track... it seemed way rigid and too concise at first, but then it starts to splinter and fray like some gleaming, spidery coil -- badass flexing and shedding/chipping off harmonic shards, a burred cable or metallic weave - loosening and contracting. or some bullshit steampunk metal sculpture, or clock. it also seems like a track that might appeal to the casual/unconditioned listeners looking for more straight/identifiable, 'easy' autechre

the fartest behind the now autechre musics i've every been. fart sounds squeeze the ketchup out sooon.

huh!? is that good or bad? 

my favourite farts are on the 4th dart btw ...heart heart

Guest WNS000

acdwn2 is my top track. I get a vague nostalgic vibe from it for some reason. Maybe it reminds me of music from more obscure SNES titles. Also makes me think of dashing thru a tropical rain forest.

finally warming up to this track... it seemed way rigid and too concise at first, but then it starts to splinter and fray like some gleaming, spidery coil -- badass flexing and shedding/chipping off harmonic shards, a burred cable or metallic weave - loosening and contracting. or some bullshit steampunk metal sculpture, or clock. it also seems like a track that might appeal to the casual/unconditioned listeners looking for more straight/identifiable, 'easy' autechre

The basic structure is simple but there is such a huge amount of unique, never repeating yet not random (and actually meaningful) details it is insane. I would say the main composition happens in those crazy glitches and the beat is only supportive even though most prominent. I also enjoy the progression of the whole track. Loving it. Still my favourite together with Elseq 1.

Edited by WNS000

artov chain is my jam lately. I'm a sucker for spooky diminished chord progressions in general but there's something else to it. It's so bare and desolate even compared to most of the rest of elseq. It brushes with playfulness and optimism in a way that somehow just makes it seem even darker, as though nothing matters anymore. It's like the latent, calculated violence to T ess xi's teen angst. Having latentcall in front of it helps seal the deal.

artov chain as in Markov-chained Art Of Noise. The buffering artifact at the very beginning is freaking hilarious.

artov chain is my jam lately. I'm a sucker for spooky diminished chord progressions in general but there's something else to it. It's so bare and desolate even compared to most of the rest of elseq. It brushes with playfulness and optimism in a way that somehow just makes it seem even darker, as though nothing matters anymore. It's like the latent, calculated violence to T ess xi's teen angst. Having latentcall in front of it helps seal the deal.

artov chain as in Markov-chained Art Of Noise. The buffering artifact at the very beginning is freaking hilarious.

Ah, nice one. The "art of" occurred to me but I never caught the nod to Art of Noise. The lead does have a whiff of that Synclavier flavor.

• 2 weeks later...

7th Slip has easily become one of my favourite AE tracks ever now - every single time man, I cannot get enough of that stretched metallic choir thing going on, and the really zappy percussion and psychedelic sounds that just pop in are super bonkers. It's always a total brain-rejigging experience every time I listen to it :music:

same. i already posted it in the elseq minutiae thread, but god DAMN when those high freq metallic zaps come in around 4 mins in i can't help but turn the volume up a bit more and just jam out.

One of my current favs along with pendulu hv moda, mesh cinereaL, 13x0 step and acdwn2

I'm still finding myself just listening to 1 and 4. The others have some cool moments but it's pretty rare that I actually find myself wanting to hear something from them. I think I need to blast through the whole thing 1-5 again.

Yea 3 has mesh cinereaL

But other than that I don't much care for it so I end up listingng to that one the least. Even though I adore mesh cinereaL

acdwn2 is so awesome.

quite awesome. One of the few tracks off elseq I jam to.

I can agree with this. elseq 1 and then selected tracks from the rest with acdwn2 being my favourite.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't know. these eps just don't feel like they have staying power to me.

there are some good tracks here for sure but ultimately most of this just feels too empty. a lot of tracks go on too long and don't have enough in them to justify their length in my opinion.

i feel like ae should have held onto these tracks for a little longer and then edited them down some more once their novelty wore off a bit or something.

with most ae, the more i listen to their music, the more i discover deeper structures or certain nuances that reward further listening. i'm not getting that with elseq for some reason. the tracks are so long that you usually 'get it' by the end of the track, so on the third or fourth listen there's not much more to discover. :shrug:

dunno. i had these on heavy rotation when they first dropped but after a few listens of each ep i just don't feel much like revisiting them. i definitely can't say that about any of their other albums.

i don't know. these eps just don't feel like they have staying power to me.

there are some good tracks here for sure but ultimately most of this just feels too empty. a lot of tracks go on too long and don't have enough in them to justify their length in my opinion.

i feel like ae should have held onto these tracks for a little longer and then edited them down some more once their novelty wore off a bit or something.

with most ae, the more i listen to their music, the more i discover deeper structures or certain nuances that reward further listening. i'm not getting that with elseq for some reason. the tracks are so long that you usually 'get it' by the end of the track, so on the third or fourth listen there's not much more to discover. :shrug:

dunno. i had these on heavy rotation when they first dropped but after a few listens of each ep i just don't feel much like revisiting them. i definitely can't say that about any of their other albums.

Agreed. There's a few tracks that feel fully realized, but 75% of this I could never hear again and I wouldn't care.