IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

no

deco loc is currently my fav atm. followed by pendulum hmv moda, laughing quarter, cloudbusting, foldfree casual and probably about the rest of elseq 1-5.

not allowed to talk about how good any one track is tho because they're all good and to isolate any one track is to diminish my appreciation for the album as a whole (it's an album split into 5 parts btw, not EPs, btw, and if you disagree you are clearly not a true fan)

essentially

no

deco loc is currently my fav atm. followed by pendulum hmv moda, laughing quarter, cloudbusting, foldfree casual and probably about the rest of elseq 1-5.

not allowed to talk about how good any one track is tho because they're all good and to isolate any one track is to diminish my appreciation for the album as a whole (it's an album split into 5 parts btw, not EPs, btw, and if you disagree you are clearly not a true fan)

El oh el Larry, el oh el.

listening more to the elseqs again in anticipation of live event -

this shit is amazing, untouchable,,,

there's still some things which don't really click, but others have grown immensely, such as eastre & mesh cinereal...

elseq 5 is still largely mysterious to me..

bleak autumn weather suits it so much better than summer heat imo.

latentcall turns out to be the single track that I quite dislike, was fav track on first few listens but kinda sounds like dramatic/epic squarepusher in a not so good way..? It's very forward and immensely long and suspenseful in this obvious kinda fashion.... it has this thing where a delay gets faster and slower and when it's in the fastest setting it's kind of a snare that goes "bep, bep,bep"- this element somehow really annoys me dunno..

Edited by Guest

Latentcall managed to bend space and time in my house last night. Not sure how and why but it was weird.

latentcall turns out to be the single track that I quite dislike ...

it has this thing where a delay gets faster and slower and when it's in the fastest setting it's kind of a snare that goes "bep, bep,bep"- this element somehow really annoys me dunno..

Damn latentcall and its annoying time-warping!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally bought elseq 5 and thus completed my collection...Not quite sure what to think about elseq 5 in its entirety but it definitely has beautiful moments. Elseq as a whole is a masterpiece but I still have to listen to it, feel I have so much to discover...

So yeah I burnt it on a CD-R I found on my shelf and I'm blasting it on my stereo. Feels good to rediscover the album without headphones, elseq 1 is such a beast :music: Cheers to my neighbors !

ha I had eastre and oneum on repeat while we sat outside with the candles n pumpkins handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters this last monday on halloween. cheers to the neighbors indeed

ha I had eastre and oneum on repeat while we sat outside with the candles n pumpkins handing out candy to the trick-or-treaters this last monday on halloween. cheers to the neighbors indeed

Hahaha that's awesome !!! Did the children still come ask for candies with eastre playing as background music ? Must've been quite scary for them !

Hahaha that's awesome !!! Did the children still come ask for candies with eastre playing as background music ? Must've been quite scary for them !

Haha, damn, I should have tried this. Would still be fun next year... and by the sound of the recent sets, there might be more creepy AE to put on repeat by then :)

yeah it was very scary......somehow eastre seemed classically halloween synthy that night..usually the harmony sorta smiles n laughs at you when it briefly hits more major-ish intervals in the course of the changes...but on halloween outdoors on a spooky monday in the dark by candlelight I never felt the smirk n wink...the harmony was pure occult n witchy vibes throughout . Everyone seemed to appreciate the atmosphere...my wife listened to two hours of Ae on a loop and dug the vibes! Highly recommended...

Those two are great haelloween picks, nice one.

Elyc6 0nset

:wub: :wub: :wub:

At first I felt it meandered on too much towards the second half of the track (after the beats breakdown), but this track has totally grown on me.  Its constantly evolving, with elements shifting in pattern and priority as the track opens up.  The creepy fax-modem sounds in the background are the glue that hold it all together, until it implodes towards the end. 

Amazing.

These guys are the reason I stopped making music; I can never get anywhere close to what they achieve.

Elyc6 0nset

:wub: :wub: :wub:

At first I felt it meandered on too much towards the second half of the track (after the beats breakdown), but this track has totally grown on me.  Its constantly evolving, with elements shifting in pattern and priority as the track opens up.  The creepy fax-modem sounds in the background are the glue that hold it all together, until it implodes towards the end. 

Amazing.

These guys are the reason I stopped making music; I can never get anywhere close to what they achieve.

On it now - we're on the same fucking page today big style

I was just thinking about something : given the facts that :

- they plan on releasing new AE_LIVE stuff anytime soon

- we're almost 100% sure elseq means edited live sequences

- elseq has not been released as a single entity, nor has it been officially announced as Ae 12th album (might be wrong there tho)

- the "onesix" bootlegs seem to share a common sound palette with the five first elseq installments...

I'm actually thinking we could get elseq 6 - 10 one of these days. I mean that's totally something they could do beside regular album releases !

Pure speculation here but if elseq was this kind of "side project" my mind would be more than blown !

I was just thinking about something : given the facts that :

- they plan on releasing new AE_LIVE stuff anytime soon

- we're almost 100% sure elseq means edited live sequences

- elseq has not been released as a single entity, nor has it been officially announced as Ae 12th album (might be wrong there tho)

- the "onesix" bootlegs seem to share a common sound palette with the five first elseq installments...

I'm actually thinking we could get elseq 6 - 10 one of these days. I mean that's totally something they could do beside regular album releases !

Pure speculation here but if elseq was this kind of "side project" my mind would be more than blown !

...well, the hypothesis that elseq1-5 is a side project, entirely independent by the conventional outputs (so that it's not twelb), is perhaps a bit 'optimistic, personally i am inclined to think that at present Ae do not find any need to adhere to the conventional aspects of the market, considering obsolete the physical format (after all, as they are projected to an innovative vision of music, it is legitimate to imagine that adopt the same attitude in commercial choices): the very idea of ​​"Album" - a time needed to access the music, but bound to an inevitable capacity limit - seemed to decline today, as there is this new support, completely free of constraints. In these terms, Twelb has no more reason to exist.
Rather..: the fact that elseq1-5 (whatever it is: in an interview they said something like "an album? We do not know absolutely what Elseq1-5 is, if not the music that we played") have a numbering from 1 to 5, it's sufficient, alone, to tell me that it is just the beginning ....

I realize that I have  written a treatise for a very simple concept: you need to bring patience, sometimes I seize this way ...  :cerious:

^ I actually agree with what you're saying (very likely the case) but I hope it's not the case.

else-q are my least favorite autechre release, pretty much ever. I'm holding out hope there is a "twelb", a more focused effort + cohesive tracks compared to these more organic/freeform jams.

I'm not hating btw, these just aren't my cup of tea. I don't have 26 minutes to let ONE track meander.

disclaimer: I also don't like ambient/noise/drone/non-music if that's relevant?

I do enjoy feed1, acdwn2, etc.

edit: I realized after posting that it sounds kind of harsh. It's a focused, very technical and impressive effort I'm sure. I was more referring to the elseq series being more "jammy" than a record proper.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj