IGNORED

Ancient Youth [Piano Project]

flacid

• 3 weeks later...

Been following for a little while now, and you've done a lot of the most interesting and honest piano music i've heard on soundcloud. Really amazing work and the artwork always seems heartfelt too.

This is really, really beautiful. I love it.

Thanks man, cheers for listening :biggrin:

Been following for a little while now, and you've done a lot of the most interesting and honest piano music i've heard on soundcloud. Really amazing work and the artwork always seems heartfelt too.

Very kind :emb: - Glad that you have said that as I am really pleased with the pieces and it's nice to hear that others like them too. Feel a lot more attached to them than the electronic stuff I make for some reason. Again, cheers for listening dude, appreciate it. :beer:

Pretty and spare, wintery melody. I like how the repeating phrase has a whispy, almost strangled attack, or a lack thereof. I know this is minimalism but I still would've liked to hear some notes from lower registers come in half way through to punctuate things somewhat, but that may lead the piece astray from your compositional intention so, yeah, I dunno.

Nice work :)

Pretty and spare, wintery melody. I like how the repeating phrase has a whispy, almost strangled attack, or a lack thereof. I know this is minimalism but I still would've liked to hear some notes from lower registers come in half way through to punctuate things somewhat, but that may lead the piece astray from your compositional intention so, yeah, I dunno.

Nice work :)

Thanks dude :happy: Some of the other tracks have lower registers via piano or strings but this one was the 1st piano piece I'd done in a while so left it as it was. Also as you mentioned I like the minimal sound with the reverb and sometimes don't want to 'muddy' it.

• 2 weeks later...

i downloaded Acid casualty a few weeks ago. still enjoying. you're the same guy, right? what range!! these are v nice.

Thanks dude, Acid Casualty was a fun little ep, cheers for downloading. I'm a jack of all trades master of none... Got an industrial ep out later this year and an ambient one out next week :)

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just stumbling across these. Some beautiful stuff! Did you take lessons or anything, or are you self taught? I'm just kind of getting back into piano lately but I haven't had lessons since I was like 6.

I like the tones and the reverb. I'm guessing this is a digital piano? 

Just stumbling across these. Some beautiful stuff! Did you take lessons or anything, or are you self taught? I'm just kind of getting back into piano lately but I haven't had lessons since I was like 6.

I like the tones and the reverb. I'm guessing this is a digital piano? 

:beer: Thanks man. I had lessons between 6-8 but quit to play football... I then picked it up again a couple of years ago. The piano is the nicest sounding instrument to me, especially with a bit of reverb. The last track is using Pianoteq, bought because you can play alternative tunings. Can download over 400 scala tunings, this last one was ptolemy, had to use it when I saw it... 

• 1 month later...

Archived