IGNORED

Autechre production methods speculation

zlemflolia

On 11/25/2019 at 10:25 PM, Empirix said:

They create complex patches and sequence them together to create disjointed crap, unfortunately they don't realise this and continue to release "cool" complex crap as if they were pioneers in their field. Hopefully they get the squarepusher virus and return to their roots. ?

I'm actually waiting for the Chre dad funk phase. This will be something..

• Like 3

n

40 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I have a hunch they use Max/MSP a lot.

Yes, you're right. This is how they get that granular sound.

Their recent work mainly lacks melody so I guess that they sample a lot of kicks, snares, hihats, etc. and preprocess them distorting/EQing or whatever

Edited by Diurn

older actually interesting max analysis of alleged Ae patch.. though he spends all this time undoing all the shit that seems important and other stuff that's irrelevant.  audio rate clock/sequencing/synthesis seems pretty cool and important to the stuff they do in max

Edited by ignatius

16 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

sean pls no :trashbear:

this sir, is the most relevant sean pls - i asked the search function

it's important but also depressing

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Kid Lukie said:

autechre make the compooter go boop boop

Reminds me of good oll pasta Ssempa stuff about "anol licking" and eating "da poo poo".

On 11/30/2019 at 6:11 PM, rhmilo said:

No, that’s delay.

Ah you're right. Still I think the Seanrobbers can learn from the more capable BoC guys. The Reverb/Delay combination on Magic Window is unreached. Class of its own.

Edited by Guest

Is it really possible that they working 100% in MAX? I mean patches, instruments, effects, mixing, sequencers for sure but how about really arrange,edit everything and record it? That needs a DAW in my world. 

1 hour ago, cern said:

Is it really possible that they working 100% in MAX? I mean patches, instruments, effects, mixing, sequencers for sure but how about really arrange,edit everything and record it? That needs a DAW in my world. 

m8 th3y R n0+ N Y()uR VV0r|d

• Like 1
  • Haha 3