IGNORED

The Pattern Forms - Peel Away the Ivy

• 2 months later...

I like it - sounds like late 1980s soft rock but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.  It's certainly a long way from the hauntology stuff that Ghostbox normally do. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is out tomorrow. Gonna wait until I can hear previews of everything. So far it sounds like some contrived mash-up of Hall & Oates with Phil Collins. 

About as far away from Ghost Box as you could probably get.

I don't know what Ghost Box are doing lately. After the Belbury Poly album a few months back, and now this. It's like they want to reinvent themselves as some kind 70s prog label.

lots of nice moments throughout but i don't like the vocals

absolutely this. 

i've been really turned off by their output with vocals ever since john foxx and the belbury circle. i wouldn't mind so much if it were just a few tracks but entire albums with vocals is just argh.

also, what the hell happened to john brooks' applied music series? he said they'd come out occasionally but it's already been 3 years since the last one and the closest thing has been sequences which isn't even for sale

lots of nice moments throughout but i don't like the vocals

absolutely this. 

i've been really turned off by their output with vocals ever since john foxx and the belbury circle. i wouldn't mind so much if it were just a few tracks but entire albums with vocals is just argh.

also, what the hell happened to john brooks' applied music series? he said they'd come out occasionally but it's already been 3 years since the last one and the closest thing has been sequences which isn't even for sale

Have yo ever heard the DD Denham thing? The title is a nod to an early 1970's Dracula film.

didn't know that about the name; that was my favorite cafe kaput release, but i gave up that anything even remotely close to that will be released again. unless brooks is waiting for a ten year anniversary to "discover" more compositions from the classroom

• 1 year later...

didn't know that about the name; that was my favorite cafe kaput release, but i gave up that anything even remotely close to that will be released again. unless brooks is waiting for a ten year anniversary to "discover" more compositions from the classroom

A still from 'The Satanic Rites of Dracula' (1974)

pxEBNb5i_o.png

Archived