IGNORED

Wagon Christ used in Hawking's new television series

Snickerfritz

So, about 13 minutes into episode one of Stephen Hawking's new PBS television series, "Genius," I was surprised to hear Wagon Christ's Nighty Night used as backing music. Hawking apparently has some pretty good taste in music.

Hawking apparently has some pretty good taste in music.

it's not like he himself put the whole show together with Sony Vegas on his wheelchair computer

:dadjoke:

I have heard music from the featured artists in many scientific docs/series most often autechre (altibzz, and perlence suns I'm sure to have heard in quite a few)

edit: I can't remember which docs or who was responsible for them sadly, was a couple of years ago.

most physicists tend to have pretty bland tastes in music as far as I can gather (lots of classical elitists in there in particular). people who produce science documentaries are different (horizon has used loads of cool electronic music over the years).

Hawking apparently has some pretty good taste in music.

it's not like he himself put the whole show together with Sony Vegas on his wheelchair computer

Of course, of course. That was either me apparently failing to be a little cheeky, or you failing to recognize a good bit of humor. I'm willing to accept either explanation as long as you will concede that the image of Hawking head-bobbing to Wagon Christ is a particularly endearing one.

Archived