IGNORED

prince of denmark/traumprinz/dj metatron

beerwolf

On 1/29/2021 at 4:02 PM, auxien said:

no conclusions or answers really, just sort of a summation of info available which was good for someone like me who's only casually into this guy's tunes.

the video host does mention some drama with Giegling as to why PoD doesn't release there anymore but doesn't explain it more but whatever i guess dont care enough to go hunt that down lol

Just saw that now. He is talking about (Giegling co-founder) Konstantin, who was "cancelled" after an interview with Groove Magazine's Lauren Aha in which he apparently said that female DJ's have been sort of overpromoted in recent years and are often worse at DJ'ing than men. In the wake of the interview, he was unbooked from Amsterdam Dance Event, for example. He later apologized but has been relatively quiet since then (that was in 2017). Some believe that Konstantin himself is Traumprinz, but I don't think so.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

It's Pom Pom

I thought Anstam was Pom Pom? :emotawesomepm9: All kidding aside, any more evidence besides both being anonymous projects? Stylistically, they're quite different; not that that proves anything, Traumprinz is quite versatile himself. But Pom Pom has Berlin written all over it, I always assumed it's someone from the Hardwax sphere, maybe a collective, while TP seems entirely independent, hovering above everything and everyone else. If anything, he's more Weimar than Berlin, if that makes sense (probably not). And with all due respect, Pom Pom is not quite on his level ...

Apologies if you're either one of them.

Edited by IDEM

On 9/30/2021 at 8:21 AM, Enthusiast said:

It's Pom Pom

i've heard this before. i don't believe it. there was a time when traumprinz was not all about the anonymity, and was just some dude releasing on giegling when it first started back in the day.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Four(!) new DJ mixes now up

"hi,
there will be some kind of (deejayed) radio-
program here in december.
i hope you all find some joy and comfort in it.
and if you like it please show some love for
those wonderfully talented musicians in there.

take care,
much love from planet uterus
xxx"

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Spent a day listening/ re listening to all his stuff. I think the DJ Metatron 2 The Sky is my favourite. Some parts of The Prime Ministry Of Doom is good too.

• 6 months later...

I am currently getting more into this as I had a personal recommendation by a friend to look more into traumprinz and his aliases. 

what is considered the best release? I know the 8 release is being traded on discogs for 500 and more but is it also the best? 

Edited by o00o

5 hours ago, o00o said:

I am currently getting more into this as I had a personal recommendation by a friend to look more into traumprinz and his aliases. 

what is considered the best release? I know the 8 release is being traded on discogs for 500 and more but is it also the best? 

my personal fave is dj metatron - king of the stars. 

for prince of denmark stuff i would suggest ‘the body’. 

he’s got a lot of stuff and honestly nearly all of it is worth exploring. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, species8472 said:

my personal fave is dj metatron - king of the stars. 

for prince of denmark stuff i would suggest ‘the body’. 

he’s got a lot of stuff and honestly nearly all of it is worth exploring. 

Thx I will look into it

On 10/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, IDEM said:

I thought Anstam was Pom Pom? :emotawesomepm9: All kidding aside, any more evidence besides both being anonymous projects? Stylistically, they're quite different; not that that proves anything, Traumprinz is quite versatile himself. But Pom Pom has Berlin written all over it, I always assumed it's someone from the Hardwax sphere, maybe a collective, while TP seems entirely independent, hovering above everything and everyone else. If anything, he's more Weimar than Berlin, if that makes sense (probably not). And with all due respect, Pom Pom is not quite on his level ...

Apologies if you're either one of them.

No evidence, that's just what I was told - maybe it's not true, I haven't seen PoD in person. I know Pom Pom worked in Spacehall. There's a Pom Pom track on one of the Giegling compilations, so there's a link at least.

On Pom Pom's bandcamp the country of origin is the Faroe Islands, part of the kingdom of Denmark.

Edited by Enthusiast
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, o00o said:

You can start with all the mixes on soundcloud/planet uterus, they're basically incredible across the board.

Very broadly speaking, the Traumprinz moniker is for the more housy stuff, Prince Of Denmark is his dub-techno alias (Golden Baby falls into that category as well), DJ Metatron is the outlet for nostalgic trance stuff, Prime Minister Of Doom tracks can be a bit more on the tribal side of things, while everything relased under Dj Healer is just ... pure bliss.

Pick your poison.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, IDEM said:

You can start with all the mixes on soundcloud/planet uterus, they're basically incredible across the board.

Very broadly speaking, the Traumprinz moniker is for the more housy stuff, Prince Of Denmark is his dub-techno alias (Golden Baby falls into that category as well), DJ Metatron is the outlet for nostalgic trance stuff, Prime Minister Of Doom tracks can be a bit more on the tribal side of things, while everything relased under Dj Healer is just ... pure bliss.

Pick your poison.

Thx that’s really helpful 

I had a lot of fun with the life set on his SoundCloud today

• Like 1