IGNORED

Autechre headliner shows 2016

30equals

Guys, I wonder what does headliner mean. Will AE play longer then the usual one hour?

It just means they are the main act of the night. They always play around an hour, so don't count on it.

...Still not decided on a venue to go to myself, Manchester, Nijmegen, Gent or London...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I wonder what does headliner mean. Will AE play longer then the usual one hour?

It just means they are the main act of the night. They always play around an hour, so don't count on it.

...Still not decided on a venue to go to myself, Manchester, Nijmegen, Gent or London...

all of them?

Thing is, I am an Autechre fan but I already have tickets to Brighton (where I live) so won't be doubling up on London. I could, however, use my SBC membership to get a couple of pairs of seats in the front row or thereabouts if anyone is interested? Face value of course! I don't imagine the crossover of Autechre heads and members is that high...

i've already booked my flight to london. if i don't find a ticket it would just be a trip about beers and blood sausages.

so i'm interrested, how could we work this out?

If you just want a single ticket somewhere you'll get one fine in the general sale - the RFH is a BIG place. If you want to be at/near the front and you're prepared to trust me with a PayPal payment before delivery I'll try and get you a ticket for the first couple of rows tomorrow... I've already got one order to fulfill so I'll be having a go! I take it you're just looking for one seat?

Whereabouts were you? Maybe it was the space - the sound was hugely variable depending on where I stood for Ae's set...

I tried standing in a number of places before eventually settling on spending the rest of his set in the smoking area outside.

all of them?

If only :(

Nijmegen is a 3 hour ride and on a tuesday so impossible if I can't get a day off (unable to plan this ahead), Gent even more out of place but it's on a Sunday (so I still need the day after off), London would be ideal as it's in the weekend but have to arrange plane tickets and that gig is seated and made possible by the ol' gentry. Manchester remains but I don't know anyone there that's going so that would be a bit boring perhaps. Limited with money too so can't / won't do multiple.

come to Manchester, I wanna tickle your beard

:catbed:

Thing is, I am an Autechre fan but I already have tickets to Brighton (where I live) so won't be doubling up on London. I could, however, use my SBC membership to get a couple of pairs of seats in the front row or thereabouts if anyone is interested? Face value of course! I don't imagine the crossover of Autechre heads and members is that high...

i've already booked my flight to london. if i don't find a ticket it would just be a trip about beers and blood sausages.

If you just want a single ticket somewhere you'll get one fine in the general sale - the RFH is a BIG place. If you want to be at/near the front and you're prepared to trust me with a PayPal payment before delivery I'll try and get you a ticket for the first couple of rows tomorrow... I've already got one order to fulfill so I'll be having a go! I take it you're just looking for one seat?

i don't really care about front row, i guess the sound will be great anywhere,

just nervous about the pre-sale thing.

no problem on the "trust" issue, just wondering if there is gonna be a big difference

in ticket prices...

no problem on the "trust" issue, just wondering if there is gonna be a big difference

in ticket prices...

Ticket prices at the RFH usually drop off by a few quid the further back in the auditorium you go. I get an extra couple of quid off the face value as a member, but nothing more.

At a guess they'll be £25 top price while the back end of the hall/circle will be £18-£19

:catbed:

:catrecline:

RFH is a BIG venue, it won't sell out instantly. It would be a pretty crazy experience - think they have played their before for the Meltdown festival? Or was ATP there?

Now cannot decide between Bristol on the Thursday, and re-organising Friday so I can go to this. Will wait for general release tickets and see how much they cost....

in ticket prices...

Ticket prices at the RFH usually drop off by a few quid the further back in the auditorium you go. I get an extra couple of quid off the face value as a member, but nothing more.

At a guess they'll be £25 top price while the back end of the hall/circle will be £18-£19

i see, sounds fine then.

so, if you don't mind, book me a ticket at whatever a price you find

and i will send you the money at paypal tomorrow.

thanks in advance...

The London show at the Royal Festival Hall really sounds goood. I think being seated in a venue like this is a great idea for their current direction.

I mean it will eliminate all the rowdy wankers at the front shouting, high fiving, moshing and spilling beer over you right? (which is fine at a High on Fire gig but not exactly AE) Everyone has to sit down in the dark, shut the fuck up, and zone out. Also they'll be none of the usual coming on at 3am or whatever time they usually do, so tucked up in bed by 1am.

Sounds like the perfect Autechre gig to me.

For those away from Europe, note that the tour is called "Europe_onesix"

So keep an eye out for potential "America_oneseven" etc...

giphy.gif

Archived